How to apply for Singapore visa? Can you get the visa hassle-free? When should we apply for a Singapore tourist visa? These are the common question that crowds any Indian traveller’s mind while planning for their ultimate Singapore trip.
Although tiny, Singapore economy is one of the strongest, and foreign talent from all over the world embrace any the opportunities for travel and business. In the first half of 2019, International Visitor Arrivals (IVA) increased 1.3 per cent over the same period last year to reach 9.3 million visitors. In order to apply for a Singapore visit visa, one must go through an authorised agent in India only. Singapore eVisa cannot be applied online by yourself, it is mandatory to submit the essential requirements to a visa agent and get the visa.
Through this blog, you can get the complete guide for applying for a Singapore visa.
If you would like to avail a visa service that is secure and easier, then opt for Blinkvisa. You can get 100% cashback of your entire visa fee.
Blinkvisa is not only for your Singapore visa, you can get a whole custom travel plan done for you to make sure you have an amazing trip while also using your cashback that you just got to provide you even more savings when you opt flight tickets, hotel reservations, and other travel-related packages and activities.
A run-through on Singapore Visa:
Singapore has classified the foreign countries with which it holds diplomatic relations into two categories. India falls under the category of “Assessment Level I countries”, implying that Singapore visa for Indians is not required for the holders of diplomatic, official and service passports. But for the rest of the Indian citizens, applying for a Singapore visit visa is mandatory.
Level I countries list:
1. Singapore Tourist Visa: Can be availed only for tourism purposes.
Read More: Singapore Tourist Visa
2. Singapore Business Visa: Can be used for both business and tourism. However, you cannot work or earn money with this visa.
Read More: Singapore Business Visa
Can Indians avail the 96-hour free transit visa?
Indian nationals who are in transit in Singapore, and possess a valid visa can now have the option of visa-free entry to Singapore for a stay of up to 4 days.
Eligible documents required:
- Must have a valid onward air ticket for a flight departing Singapore within the next 96 hours, in addition to a valid visa or long-term pass to Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, the U.K., the U.S., Germany, and Switzerland.
- For travellers on a return journey, this option can only be used on one leg of the trip.
How can you get a Singapore eVisa with Indian passport?
As already discussed the Singapore eVisa or Singapore visa online is an electronically issued visa. You need to submit your passport and documents to Blinkvisa to get your Singapore visa. It normally takes anywhere between 5 to 7 working days to get your Singapore visa processed. But delay can happen depending on their holiday seasons and working days.
Read More: Singapore eVisa
Can Indian tourists avail Singapore Visa On Arrival?
Singapore Government does not provide any Visa On Arrival for Indians. In order to get the visa, you need to apply it before your travel. Only pre-approved visas are valid. With a Singapore eVisa, Indians can stay in Singapore for up to 2 years or even extend it with a valid reason and proof.
Read More: Singapore Visa on Arrival
What is the cost of Singapore visa for Indians?
At Blinkvisa, you get the Singapore tourist and business visa at the same price. With just INR 2100 as the visa cost, all you have to do is to pay INR 500 as initial charges to process the application and the rest you can pay after you get the visa!
Read More: Singapore Visa for Indians
Also, get the entire fee INR 2690 as cashback to your BlinkWallet account.
Read More: Singapore Visa Fees
General Documents required for Singapore Visa:
• A duly filled visa application form.
• Validity – Six months
• Photocopies of passport first, last & any observation page.
• Two recent colour photographs
• Passport copy of the Invitee
• 6 months bank Statement
• Confirmed return air ticket
An original covering letter including the purpose of visit, date of travel, no of passengers, details of the land itinerary, place of stay in Singapore and applicant’s employment details.
Passports issued from other states need to submit any two stay roofs from the below mentioned.
• Lease & License Agreement
• Last three month updated bank statement
• Address proof in the Companies letter head (Original)
• MTNL, BSNL bill of last month
• The electricity bill for last month
Apart from these general document, if you are applying for a tourist visa you need to submit additional documents like
• An invitation letter from your family/friends in Singapore if you are visiting them
• A sponsorship letter and financials of the sponsor are required if the applicant is travelling alone and is unemployed
In the case of Business Visa and an additional document that is required is the Company invitation letter from your employer in Singapore
Read More: Singapore Visa Requirements
Process of applying for Singapore Visa at Blink Visa
- Fill in the form – 14 (A). Sample here.
- Pay INR 500 and start the process with our expert agent.
- Upload your documents
- Download your ETA within 5-7 working days.
Also, Blinkvisa takes up home service. All you have to do is to schedule an appointment at the website and our experts will provide doorstep pick-up and drop services. (Currently, our office is located only in Bangalore. hence, we are providing the service to people in Bangalore)
Apart from your Visa as mentioned earlier you also get your BlinkVisa Cashback credited to your Blinkwallet to avail attractive discounts and pay for your flight bookings, hotel bookings and more!
FAQs related to Singapore Visa For Indians:
1. What are the Singapore visit visa photo requirements?
- The photo should be of a matte finish with no glossy layers.
- The Singapore visa photograph size should be 3.5″ x 4.5″
- There should not be any border and the background should be white specifically.
- You avoid spectacles if possible and in case of religious headgears, you must ensure that it doesn’t obstruct your entire face.
- If you use a spectacle, make sure that the photo has no glare on the glasses which can cover your eyes
Read More: Singapore Visit Visa
2. Can I apply for a Singapore visa online?
Yes. One can easily apply for Singapore visa online by logging into Blinkvisa.com. Applying for your visa through Blinkvisa not only helps you to get your visa most easily but it will also give 100% cashback on Singapore visa fees.
Read More: Singapore Visa Online
3. How long before my travel date should I apply for a Singapore tourist visa for Indians?
The traveller must apply for his/her Singapore tourist visa at least 2 weeks before the travel date.
Read More: Singapore Tourist Visa for Indians
4. What to do if my Singapore visa application is rejected?
In such cases, you can re-apply for another Singapore visa. You cannot change the previous visa application. And hence, you must apply again. There is no restriction on the re-application for Indians.
Read More: Singapore Visa Application
5. Should I re-apply for a Singapore visa if I change my travel plans?
It depends on your date of travel and your purpose. If the new date is within the validity period you can still travel with the existing visa. You should apply for a fresh visa in case the dates are beyond the validity date.