The pristine island country of Sri Lanka is worth exploring with an equal blend of rustic appeal and contemporary grandeur. Travel enthusiasts from around the world like to visit this fascinating country with a rich historical heritage at least once in life. For the most part, one needs to apply for Sri Lanka visa to explore this Asian country.
Save on your Sri Lanka visa with 100% cashback on the complete Sri Lanka visa fee!
Summarising Sri Lanka Visa
Typically, the various types of Sri Lanka visas are used for tourism, business, recreational purposes and also to transit via Sri Lanka. In fact, some also opt residence visa for various other specific categories.
Types of Sri Lanka visas
- Sri Lanka Tourist Visa
- Sri Lanka Business Visa
- Transit ETA
- Residence Visa
- Sri Lanka Visa on Arrival
Popular types of Sri Lanka visas at a glance
Read for More Information: Sri Lanka Tourist Visa
Both the types of visas are double entry type visas that allow you to enter the country twice using the same visa. While the business visa is for commercial or business-related purposes, the former is for tourism, recreation, and for visiting friends and relatives living in Sri Lanka.
Read for More Information: Sri Lanka Business Visa
Sri Lanka Visa Fees
Sri Lanka visa fee at Blinkvisa is INR 2040 for both tourist and business visas.
|Type of Sri Lanka e-visa||Visa Fee||Blinkvisa Charges||Avail Cashback|
|Sri Lanka Tourist Visa||INR 1450||INR 500 + 18% GST||INR 2040|
|Sri Lanka Business Visa||INR 1450||INR 500 + 18% GST||INR 2040|
There are no hidden charges when you apply for your Sri Lanka online visa through Blinkvisa. It is because, at Blinkvisa, we offer a 100% cashback on your complete visa fee. The cashback reflects in your registered id as Blinkcash in your Blinkwallet.
The Blinkcash unlocks attractive discounts on your travel expenses booked through our portal.
Read for More Information: Sri Lanka Visa Fees
How to Apply for Sri Lanka Visa: A Step-by-step Guide
1. Visit www.blinkvisa.com
- Choose the type of visa from the drop-down options
- Select the country you are going to
- Select your city
- Enter your mobile number and email id
- Click on the Get Visa button
2. Make the initial payment for registration
- After clicking the Get Visa button, you will be directed to the payment gateway
- Make a payment of INR 500 only using either credit/debit card or via Net Banking/UPI
- On successful payment, INR 2040 will be immediately credited to your Blinkwallet account as Blinkcash
3. Our visa expert will call you
- Within half an hour from the receipt of your registration, our visa expert will call you.
- They will share the list of documents that you would be required to upload
Note: Visa requirements vary when you are visiting a relative and when you are invited by your sponsor. Our visa expert will clarify all your concerns and guide you throughout the application stage.
Generally, a Sri Lanka visa is processed in one to three working days. Once approved, the same is intimated via text and email. That being said, you will receive the visa in a PDF format, which you need to download.
Nevertheless, you can download the visa after making the complete payment of your visa fee. It is imperative to carry a couple of printouts of your Sri Lanka visa while travelling.
So what are the documents that you need to upload?
Sri Lanka Visa Requirements Checklist
As stated in the blog, Sri Lanka visa requirements, the document checklist varies from one type of Sri Lanka visa to another. Listed below are the common requirements applicable for all the types of Sri Lanka visa.
1. Passport with a validity of at least six months
2. Scanned copy of the first and last pages of your passport
3. Scanned copy of your latest passport-sized photograph
4. Confirmed round-trip tickets
5. Confirmed proof of hotel accommodation
6. Proof of sufficient funds to bear travel expenses
7. Travel itinerary
Read for More Information: Sri Lanka Visa Requirements
Worried about your Sri Lanka travel plan?
At Blinkvisa, we not only assist you with your visa requirements, but also provide a handpicked travel guide to make the most of your trip.
[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/blog/custom-travel-itinerary/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #fffffff”]Click to Get Sri Lanka Travel Plan[/su_button]
Sri Lanka visa FAQs
1. Do Indians need a visa to travel Sri Lanka?
Yes, a visa is inevitable to visit Lanka.
In fact, you can refer our blog, Sri Lanka visa for Indians: Important Facts for the complete information.
2. What is a Transit ETA?
Sri Lanka transit visa enables you to transition to a third country via Sri Lanka. Basically, all countries except the visa-exempt countries need to apply for a transit visa.
3. What is a Sri Lanka Residence Visa?
Foreign nationals except for the visa-exempt nations seeking to stay in the country for other purposes must apply for a Sri Lanka residence visa. Some of the categories of purposes are; Employment Category, Investor Category, Religious Category, Student Category, etc.
4. Which are the countries and categories exempt from Sri Lanka visa requirement?
The Republic of Singapore, the Republic of Maldives, the Republic of Seychelles, and crew members of flights and ships are exempt from Sri Lanka visa to enter/travel Sri Lanka.