With many good reasons to visit Australia, the country is now becoming one of the most traveled countries for backpackers. Travelers of every travel mood are able to find a perfect place to hang out in this really vast country. This country is the home to 10,685 beaches, 8,222 islands, over 500 national parks, and, most importantly, the Great Barrier Reef. Visiting Australia is a real treat to satisfy the travel bug in you.
All the foreign nationals traveling to Australia must obtain legal permission to enter and stay in Australia. This legal permission is technically known as an Australia visa. This document is issued by the Australian embassy, which affirms that you can enter and stay in Australia for a specific period.
If you are planning to visit Australia shortly, you must know how to get a visa for Australia. The next 3 minutes spent in reading this blog will give you an insight into Australia visa basics and how you can get it with 100% cashback.
Do Indians need an Australia visa?
All Indian passport holders must obtain a visa to visit Australia. But it is easy to get a visa for Australia as the visa processing for a tourist visa is done online. Indians intending to visit Australia for tourism, sightseeing, attending business meetings, or visiting friends or relatives in Australia must obtain a valid Australia visa.
Kickstart your Australia visa process by simply filling the form below.
Australia Visa Overview
Indians traveling to Australia with the purpose of tourism can apply for an online visitor visa for Australia. This visa type is also known as Australia subclass 600 visa. One can apply for this visa through the VFS or through any authorized agents. But in order to get a subclass 600 visitor visa for Australia, the applicant should fulfill some criteria. Here are the criteria to fill are-
- The applicant must have sufficient funds to support him/her during their stay.
- They are not allowed to start a business, engage in employment, or take up a long term medical treatment.
- The applicant must be genuinely willing to return to the home country.
- All applicants must qualify character and health criteria for visa application.
With an Australia visa, one can stay up to 90 consecutive days in Australia. This visa comes with 12 months validity. Within these 12 months of validity, the visa holder can enter Australia for Multiple times. On each entry, the visa holder can stay up to 90 consecutive days in the country.
A visa for Australia is quite expensive as it costs nearly INR 10,00. But you can get your Australia visitor visa with 100% cashback if you apply it through Blinkvisa.
Australia Visa Requirements
To obtain an Australian visa, you will have to furnish some mandatory documents and some additional documents. The mandatory documents are common for all the applicants, whereas the additional documents are depending on the profile of the applicant. You can find the Australia visa requirements below.
- Original passport with at least 6 months validity
- Notarized copy of all the pages of the passport, including the pages where you have other valid or expired visas if any.
- Duly filled Australian visa application form 1419
- 2 copies of recent passport size photographs of size 3.5″ x 4.5″. The photos should have a matte finish; the background should be white and besides must have 80% face coverage without restrictions.
- A personal covering letter explaining about your trip and personal details
- Attested copy of the last 6 months’ bank statement
- Personal Income Tax returns or Form 16 for the last 3 years
- Confirmed return flight tickets
- Confirmed hotel reservations
- Last 3 months salary slip
- Original leave sanction certificate with company seal
- Pension pay order certificate
- 6 months’ bank statement if you are retired from a private company
- The student ID card issued from the respective institution
- Bonafide certificate
- Birth certificate
- NOC from the parents if traveling alone
- A signed affidavit on Rs.100 stamp paper, from the non-accompanying parent if traveling with only one parent
- An ID proof parent- PAN card or passport copy
If Visiting a Friend or Family
- Invitation letter copy
- Inviters ID proof- passport copy, or permit copy, etc.
- Address proof of the invitee- Utility bill, Electricity bill, etc
If Someone is Sponsoring you
- Sponsorship letter
- Sponsor’s national ID proof- PAN card or Resident permit
- Last 3 months’ updates bank statement
- IT returns for the last 3 years
At the immigration-
Apart from all those mentioned documents for applying for the visa, you will have to show some documents at the immigration Australia too. The following documents are needed to show at the immigration-
- Original passport.
- Return flight ticket, Hotel bookings / Invitation letter from invitee as proof of your accommodation.
- Travel medical insurance, HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance for as low as INR 300.
- Additionally, you may be asked to provide proof of funds and other details about your travel.
Australia Visa Fee
The fee for Australia visit visa for Indians in INR 10780 if you apply it through Blinkvisa. The visa fee comprises three elements, i.e. the visa cost, Blinkvisa charges, and the applicable charges. Here is the breakup of the same-
If you apply for your visa through Blinkvisa, you will only have to pay INR 1000 to initiate the visa process. Unlike any other visa agencies, you don’t need to pay the entire visa fee in advance. You can pay the rest of the amount only after your visa gets approved.
You will receive the approved visa through your email. Before you download the visa, you are to pay the remaining amount.
The entire visa fee, you have paid will be given back to you in the form of Blinkwallet cashback. You can use the blank wallet cashback for booking flight tickets, hotel reservations, and activities to do in Australia.
How to Apply for Australia Visa
Applying for an Australia visa is very easy if you apply the same through us. We offer expert assistance in every step of visa processing. While applying for your Australia visa through us, you need to upload the scanned copies of the required documents. We will do the rest, such as filling the application form, scrutinizing your documents, submitting your application at VFS, etc.
The steps to apply for Australia visa are-
- Visit Blinkvisa.
- Provide us with your basic information such as name, email & number of applicants.
- Complete the initial payment of just INR 1000 & get a full cashback of INR 10,780 into your wallet.
- Use your BlinkWallet to book your flight, hotel, activities for your Australia trip.
- Once your visa is approved, We will inform you via SMS and Email.
- Complete any pending due payment.
- Your visa along with the original passport will be delivered to your doorstep.
Australia Visa FAQs
1. Is it mandatory to have travel insurance for an Australian visa from India?
No, travel insurance is not a mandatory requirement for an Australia visa for Indians. But it would be better if you get one as a precaution.
2. Do I need to undergo a health examination to apply for a visa to Australia?
Though a Medical examination is not mandatory for an Australia visa, in certain scenarios one may need to undergo a health examination. An Australia visa applicant has to undergo a health examination only if the embassy demands. In such cases, the applicant must go to the approved medical examiners and do the tests. The test results will be directly sent to the embassy. The visa approval will happen only after the evaluation of the test result.
3. Can I apply for an Australia visa online?
Yes, one can easily apply for an Australia visa online through Blinkvisa.
4. How long before the intended travel date should I apply for my Australia Visa?
The processing time of the Australia visa is 20-25 working days. Considering the processing time, it is advisable to apply for the visa at least 60 days ahead of the travel date.
5. How will I know about the status of my visa?
You will be informed about the approval or rejection of your visa through SMS or email.
6. What are the types of Australian tourist visas?
Here are the 4 different types of Australian tourist visa-
- Australia Visitor visa (Subclass 600).
- Electronic Travel Authority Visa (Subclass 601).
- eVisitor (Subclass 651).
- Medical Treatment visa (Subclass 602).