A land of mysteries, Azerbaijan is truly an enigma. And, it is this appeal that amalgamates timeless traditions and avant-garde architecture that draws visitors from across the world. While the country welcomes visitors with open arms, there are certain conditions, which must be met. For instance, the Azerbaijan e-visa, which applies to over 95 countries, and visa on arrival granted to 11. Nevertheless, it also restricts a certain country whereas grants visa-free entry to few. Let’s decode the enigma which is Azerbaijan and understand its visa policy. Needless to say, this information would come handy if you have a trip to Azerbaijan shortly.
[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/visa/azerbaijan-tourist-visa” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #fffffff”]Apply for Azerbaijan E-Visa[/su_button]
Azerbaijan Visa Guide
Earlier, we stated that close to 95 countries may avail an e-visa to Azerbaijan. We also mentioned that eleven countries can travel to the country without a visa. Let us find out if you belong to an e-visa eligible nation or not.
China1 – including Hong Kong and Macau.
Which are the countries that may travel visa-free and the ones that are eligible for visa on arrival? For more information, refer to the illustration below. Also, read Azerbaijan Visa
Although the citizens of Iran may enter Azerbaijan visa-free, it is limited to Nakhchivan only. Thus, they prefer to avail an Azerbaijan Visa on Arrival that enables them a stay period of up to 30 days.
The citizens of the US can also get a visa on arrival provided they travel on Azerbaijan Airways directly from New York. Needless to say, the rest of the countries must apply for a visa in advance, which could be offline (apply at Embassy) or online (e-visa.) However, for the latter, it is allotted to only the 95 countries illustrated above.
Read more: Azerbaijan Visa Online
Salient features of Azeri e-visa
- It enables a stay period of 30 days only and the validity of the visa is 90 days from the time of submission of your documents.
- The visa is extendable. However, one must apply for the same to the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- Azeri e-visa is also known as ASAN visa, also used as an Azerbaijan tourist or visitor visa, and sometimes as a transit visa.
- It is imperative to register with the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan if the stay period exceeds 15 days.
- The registration may be facilitated by the hotel you are staying at or you may visit the Migration police for the same.
Read more: Azerbaijan tourist visa
Entry restrictions to Azerbaijan
- If you have visited Armenia for purposes other than tourism, you may not be allowed to enter Azerbaijan despite holding a valid Azeri e-visa.
- More specifically, visitors who have been to Nagorno-Karabakh are denied admission.
- One may need a transit visa while they have a layover in Azerbaijan. Nevertheless, if they do not plan to leave the international travel area, they need not apply for a transit visa.
- If you have Armenia on your travel agenda, we recommend you to include Azerbaijan as the first stop in your travel itinerary.
- Registering with the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan is a must for stay periods exceeding 15 days. Failure to do so will subject you to either a fine of $300 or deportation from Azerbaijan followed by banning your entry into the country for a year.
Azerbaijan tourist visa or e-visa at a glance
[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/visa/azerbaijan-tourist-visa” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #fffffff”]Apply for Azerbaijan Tourist Visa[/su_button]
Azerbaijan E-visa Fee
At Blinkvisa, we have a standard fee for processing your Azerbaijan e-visa. The visa fee as applicable on the Azerbaijani government site is INR 1650. The Blinkvisa service charge is INR 500, which is treated as a registration and initiation fee.
Also, read Azerbaijan Visa Fee
The Blinkvisa cashback advantage is such that you will receive the complete visa fee including our service charges and applicable tax. And, even before you pay the visa fee. Well, this happens only at Blinkvisa. You will get a better picture of our cashback offer when you understand the Azerbaijan visa application process.
How to Apply for Azeri E-visa?
- Visit www.blinkvisa.com or click here
- Fill in your basic details
- Pay INR 500 and get a cashback of INR 2240 in your Blinkwallet
- Upload your documents
- Receive your visa via email. Pay the remaining visa fee to download your visa
Also, read Apply for Azerbaijan Visa
Thus, even before visa approval, you receive the cashback. It gets even better as the cashback which is referred to as the Blinkcash gets you discount of up to 12% on your travel expenses when booked through our travel portal.
What are the Azerbaijan Visa Requirements?
At Blinkvisa, all we ask is for two major requirements, the scanned copy of your passport’s first and last pages, and a colour-scanned copy of your passport-sized photograph taken against a white background.
Important points to consider
- Your passport must have at least three months validity over the validity of your visa. This is one of the crucial requisites. In fact, there are increased chances for your e-visa rejection in the case of lesser validity.
- The photo page of your passport is read by the ASAN Visa System, and if due to lack of clarity, the system is unable to read the page, your visa application may get rejected.
- In the case of multiple nationalities, make sure to furnish the passport number, passport issue date, and passport expiry date of the passport with which, you would be travelling to Azerbaijan.
- The copy of your passport-sized photograph must not have any kinds of borders or frames.
- The dimensions of the photograph must be 35mm x 45 mm
Also, read Azarbaijan Visa Requirements
The bottom line is getting an e-visa to Azerbaijan gets easier with Blinkvisa. Not just Azerbaijan visa, at Blinkvisa, we also provide a well-planned travel itinerary to make the most of your stay at Azerbaijan. There’s more! Get amazing discounts on flight tickets and hotels along with travel activities.
[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/blog/custom-travel-itinerary/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #fffffff”]Get Azerbaijan Travel Itinerary[/su_button]
Azerbaijan Visa FAQs
1. Do Indians need a visa to enter Azerbaijan?
Yes, Indians do need a visa to visit Azerbaijan. For tourism or short stay periods, they may avail the Azeri e-visa. And, for employment and student visa, they must apply for the same at an Azerbaijani diplomatic mission or Embassy. Also, for more information, read Azerbaijan Visa for Indians.
2. Is there an Azerbaijan visa on arrival?
Yes. However, it is provided to only 11 countries and India is not one among them. For more information, read Azerbaijan Visa on Arrival.
3. Is my visa fee refundable?
The Azeri government issues the e-visa to close to 95 nations (the number may vary based on current modifications) They charge the complete visa fee for processing. And, in the case of visa rejection, the fee is not refunded.
However, with Blinkvisa, you pay only INR 500 for processing, and only after visa approval you pay the rest. Moreover, as soon as you pay INR 500, the complete visa fee ie, INR 2240 is credited to your account as Blinkwallet cashback.
Nevertheless, it is non-refundable. But you can use the cashback to get attractive discounts on certain travel expenses when booked on our portal. For best offers, click here.