A melange of cultures makes Azerbaijan a must-visit place. Whether it is the modern architecture or the mud volcanoes and petroglyphs. Or the Yanar Dag where fire bursts from the earth, there is a lot to see and do in Azerbaijan. Nevertheless, foreigners visiting Azerbaijan must first obtain an Azeri visa from one of the Azerbaijani diplomatic missions. While this may be true, 90 countries including India can avail the ASAN e-visa. Apart from these basic categories of Azerbaijan Visa, there is a visa on arrival as well. Let’s learn the eligibility, requirements, and fee.
[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/visa/azerbaijan-tourist-visa” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #fffffff”]Apply for Azerbaijan E-Visa[/su_button]
Earlier, we stated that select nations must apply for a visa the traditional way via diplomatic mission, a few nations may travel visa fee. Also, a few countries are eligible for Azeri Visa on Arrival and the remaining have an easy online visa facility. And, this online visa is referred to as the ASAN visa.
Azeri Visa Requirements
As of January 2017, the Azeri government introduced the Azerbaijan e-visa or the ASAN visa for the nationals of over 92 countries. Refer to the illustration below for more details (source)
Note: China1 – including Macau and Hong Kong
As of 15 May 2018, citizens of Bahrain, China, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, United Arab Emirates may obtain an electronic visa on arrival at the Baku International Airport only.
Visa-exempt nations and visa on arrival
The visa-exempt nations may travel Azerbaijan without a visa for stay periods up to 90 days. Please note, the visa-exemption to Iranians is conditional where it allows them a stay period of 15 days and only within the Nakhchivan. Turkey is yet another exception where the stay period is only 30 days without a visa. (Source)
1. Nationals of Iran may avail a visa on arrival for visiting Azerbaijan. If they travel visa-free, they are limited to stay within Nakhchivan only.
2. US nationals may avail a visa on arrival for a stay period of up to 30 days only when travelling on Azerbaijan Airlines directly from New York.
Did you know?
The government of Azerbaijan banns the entry of Armenian nationals and also foreigners of Armenian descent from entering the Republic of Azerbaijan. In fact, foreigners visiting Nagorno-Karabakh and its surrounding territories and the Azerbaijani exclaves under the control of Armenia are listed in the ‘persona non grata’ and hence are denied entry.
10 Important Azerbaijan e-visa facts
- Applicants with dual nationalities or multiple citizenships must travel with the passport they have furnished while applying for the e-visa.
- The passport must have three months of validity post the expiry of the validity of the e-visa, which is 90 days.
- The validity of the e-visa starts three days from the date of submission of the documents.
- If the ASAN visa system cannot read the scanned copy of the passport’s biodata page, the e-visa gets rejected.
- The ASAN Visa system bears no responsibility for the rejection of e-visa or the denial of entry despite an approved e-visa as per Article 16 of the Migration Code of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- Upon rejection of an Azeri e-visa, the applicant may apply for a traditional visa at a relevant diplomatic representation of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- Foreigners visiting Azerbaijan for more than 15 days must register at the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan. It could be done online or at migration police.
- The e-visa serves a collective purpose of visiting Azerbaijan. Right from short stays ranging from tourism, visitor visa (to visit friends and family residing in Azerbaijan), to attend business meetings, trade fairs, etc.
- Azeri e-visa is also referred to as the tourist visa.
- Please note, you cannot use this visa in lieu of student visa or work visa. You must apply for these special categories at the Azerbaijani diplomatic missions or Embassies.
Also, read Azerbaijan Tourist Visa
A brief on Azerbaijan e-visa
The validity of the Azeri e-visa is 90 days and it entitles you to a stay period of 30 days only. The entry type of an Azeri e-visa is single only. The validity of the visa starts three working days after the submission of your documents. The e-visa is rendered invalid if not made use of within the validity period. To re-enter the country, one must apply for an e-visa after exiting the Republic of Azerbaijan.
[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/visa/azerbaijan-tourist-visa” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #fffffff”]Apply for Azerbaijan Tourist Visa[/su_button]
What is the cost of an Azeri e-visa?
The Azerbaijan e-visa cost is illustrated below. While the total visa fee is INR2240, which includes the Blinkvisa charges and tax, the complete amount is credited back to you in the form of Blinkcash in your Blinkwallet account.
It happens only at Blinkvisa! As you may have experienced with the other visa agents, they charge the complete visa fee for processing your visa. On the contrary, at Blinkvisa, we charge INR 500 only. You will have to pay the remaining visa fee only after visa approval. The best part, however, is the fact that you will get instant 100% cashback of INR 2240 as soon as you pay INR 500.
Read more: Azerbaijan Visa Fee for Indian Passport Holders
About Blinkcash in your Blinkwallet
The Blinkcash is the key to unlock attractive discounts of up to 12% on the cost price of your travel expenses like flight tickets, hotel reservations, travel activities, etc.
Here is an example of discounts on the cost price of your flight tickets to Baku, the capital city of Azerbaijan.
With the Blinkcash you can save over INR 2000 on a single ticket to Baku, Azerbaijan. The discounts are not limited to flight tickets, you can also avail on hotel bookings and activities when booked through our travel portal.
[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/visa/azerbaijan-tourist-visa” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #fffffff”]Apply for Azerbaijan E-visa[/su_button]
Other Types of Azerbaijan Visa
- Diplomatic visa
Ordinary visa is further categorised based on the purposes served as follows;
- Science and education
- Culture and sport
- HumanitarianPersonal travel
- Medical treatment
Note: Diplomatic and service visas are issued for visiting the Republic of Azerbaijan for official purposes only.
Apart from these, there is also the ASAN visa, which was already discussed at the beginning of this blog.
What are the Requirements for Azeri Visa?
The documents required for Azerbaijan e-visa are as follows;
- Scanned copy of your passport-sized photograph
- Confirmed flight tickets
- Travel itinerary*
The passport must have a validity of at least 3 months from the expiry date of your visa’s validity. It is important to upload a clear copy as the biodata page is read by the ASAN Visa System. And, in the cases where the system fails read due to lack of clarity, the e-visa gets rejected.
Apart from these documents, it is essential to fill in the questionnaire, which would be shared with you once you register with us. Typically, the questionnaire includes details like travel date, return date, etc.
Also, read Azerbaijan E-Visa Requirements
At Blinkvisa, we ensure that you have a well-planned visit to Azerbaijan where you can make the most of your stay period. While this requires a travel plan, we provide you with one to meet your specific requirements and preferences.
[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/blog/custom-travel-itinerary/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #fffffff”]Get Azerbaijan Travel Itinerary[/su_button]
Azeri E-visa Application Process
Applying for an Azerbaijan Visa Online is easier with Blinkvisa. All you need to do is follow these simple steps and your visa is delivered to your mail inbox.
- Visit www.blinkvisa.com
- Select the country, type of visa and provide your basic details
- Fill in your tentative travel date, return date, number of applicants, etc information
- Pay INR 500 to initiate your application and receive INR 2240 as cashback
- Upload your documents and receive your visa in three working days
Also, read Azerbaijan Visa Application Process
Why choose Blinkvisa?
[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/visa/azerbaijan-tourist-visa” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #fffffff”]Apply for Azerbaijan ASAN Visa[/su_button]
Azerbaijan E-visa FAQs
1. Do Indians need a visa to visit Azerbaijan?
Yes, Indian passport holders must apply for an Azeri e-visa in advance. We recommend applying at least a week before your intended trip. Indians can also avail discounts on their flight tickets, hotel reservations to Azerbaijan through our portal. In fact, we have expertise in assisting Indian passport holders with all their visa needs.
Read more: Azerbaijan Visa for Indians
2. Do I need a transit visa if I have a layover in Azerbaijan?
Typically, Azerbaijan transit visa enables a stay period of 5 days. However, it must be applied for at an Azerbaijani diplomatic mission or Embassy. Thus, we recommend you to apply for an Azerbaijani visa online if your country is eligible for an e-visa or ASAN visa.
For more, information, also read Azerbaijan e-visa.
3. Do I need a transit visa if I do not leave the international transit area?
In this case, you do not need to apply for a transit visa.
4. Is my e-visa extendable?
While you may extend your e-visa. For extending your stay period beyond 30 days, you must apply to the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan.