Canada has always been one of the popular destinations not only for tourism but for work and higher studies as well. In fact, every year many Indians visit this fascinating country for many reasons. Whether it is to pursue education or job opportunity or relatives (parents, grandparents, etc.) seeking to visit their children. Thus, the reasons could be many, but the fact remains, Indians must have a Canada visa to enter/travel Canada. While there are many types of visas for Indians, the Canada visa requirements vary based on the visa type chosen.
Choose your Canada Visa Type
- Canada Tourist visa
- Canada Business visa
- Student visa
- Super visa
- Temporary work visa
- Temporary residence permit
- Facilitation visa
- Visa to give birth in Canada
- Intending organ donors visa
- Working holiday visa, etc.
Canada visitor visa for Indians
Presently at Blinkvisa, we offer the following types of Canada visitor visa;
Both the types of Canada visitor visas are multiple entry visas. Although one can apply for a Canada visa both offline and online, we recommend the Canada visa application online. It is because it is a hassle-free process where everything is dealt with online. There is no interview process nor biometric verification in contrast to the offline Canada visa application process.
Canada visitor visa fees
|Visa Fee||Blinkvisa Charges||SGST + CGST||Total Cost||Avail Cashback|
|INR 10,100||INR 1000||18%||INR 11280||INR 11280|
At Blinkvisa for both Canada tourist visa and Canada business visa, they have a standard price. We also have a unique cashback advantage. Thus, spending on your Canada visa fee at Blinkvisa is like spending nothing at all.
For the complete information, read All About Canada Visa Fees
Canada Tourist Visa Requirements
1. Scanned copy of the first and last pages of your Indian passport
2. Scanned copy of your passport-sized photograph
3. Cover letter
A covering letter from the applicant stating their name, passport number, purpose and duration of the visit.
4. Travel plan/itinerary
Canada visa photo specification
- The photographs must have a matt or semi-matt finish
- It must cover at least 60%-80% of your face
- Must have a white background, without any borders
- The photographs must be of 35mm x 45mm dimensions
- The name and date of birth to be written on the back of each photo
- Make sure, the photo is not more than three-months-old
- Avoid scanning photographs that have stamps or stapler marks on them
Optional, yet advisable documents
Additional Financial Documents if any. Such as Fixed Deposits, Property Investments, Recurring Deposits, any other Investments etc.
*questionnaire would be accessible after the registration process.
Canada Business Visa Requirements
- A valid passport
- Your valid Canada business visa (Canada business visa)
- A letter authorising your stay in Canada issued by your company.
- Copy of warranty or service agreement/contract, with the inviting company if any
- Address and contact details of your host company
- Proof of sufficient funds to support your stay in Canada
- Proof of you returning home after your business purpose is fulfilled in Canad
- A letter from the inviting company/personnel
The letter must include:
1. Details of the person being invited
– complete name as on the passport
– date of birth as on the passport
– designation in the company they represent
– invitee’s address and telephone number
– the inviting company’s relationship to the invitee and a brief on their business association
– the contextual purpose of the trip
– invitee’s stay period in Canada
– intended date of leaving Canada
2. Details of the person extending the invitation
– complete name as on the proof of identity
– designation/position in the company
– Canadian address and telephone numbers
– official email id
3. Details of the company extending the invitation
– name of the company
– address of its headquarters
– the address of all company facilities the invitee may visit
– the company’s website URL
– the inviting company’s date of registration/incorporation/establishment
– a brief on the inviting company’s business vertical or type
Canada visa requirements for minors (children under 18-years)
If a minor child is travelling alone
The child should present:
One of the parent’s passport
Note: Even if the child’s details are included in the parent’s passport, it cannot be used
A copy of the child’s birth certificate
A letter of authorization
– in English or French, and must be signed by both parents or by their legal guardian.
– also, the letter must include;
1. The parents’ (or legal guardian’s) address and telephone number.
2. The name, address and telephone number of the adult who would be responsible for the child in Canada.
If a minor child is travelling with only one parent
The parent should present:
1. The child’s passport
2. A copy of the child’s birth certificate
A letter of authorization
– in English or French, and must be signed by the parent who is not travelling.
Note: The letter should include the information (address and telephone number) of the parent who is not travelling. Also, a copy of the no-travelling parent’s signed passport or identity card must be attached to the letter.
Canada Visa Requirements for Other Visa Types
For study permit for Indians
Acceptance letter from the Designated Learning Institution (DLI)
Proof of sufficient funds to support the travel and stay
Duly filled VFS Consent Form (offline application)
Documents required for specific visa type required to enter the country
For work permit for Indians
- Employment Offer Letter
- Letter of invitation
- Documents required for the particular visa type
- Completed VFS Consent Form (offline application)
- Proof of sufficient funds to support both travel and stay
For Canada super visa for parent and grandparent
A signed letter from son/grandson stating the following;
- a promise of financial support for the applicant’s stay period
- a copy of the invitee’s Canadian citizenship or permanent residence
- medical insurance (from any Canadian medical insurance company) with a one year cover from the time of entering Canada
Note: A super visa must be applied from outside Canada only.
How to Apply for a Canada Visitor Visa
For the complete information, read How to apply for Canada Visa
Step 1: Fill in basic information
- Name as on the passport
- Your email id
- Tentative travel date
- Your city
- Tentative return date, etc.
After filing in the details, you will be requested to complete the registration process. It involves making a payment of INR 1000. As soon as you make the payment, INR 11280 gets credited to your account.
As stated earlier in the blog, at Blinkvisa, we provide complete cashback on your entire visa fee (service charges included)
Unlock attractive discounts with cashback
The complete visa fees of INR 11280 is credited as Blinkcash in your Blinkwallet, which is linked to your registered user id.
Learn how the cashback works further in the blog!
Step 2: Upload Documents
Our visa expert will contact you within half-an-hour from the receipt of your application. They will provide you with the complete visa requirements, document checklist, etc. via phone and also via email.
Once you upload all the required documents, all that remains is to wait for your Canada online visa.
The PDF file of your Canada visa is emailed to your registered id.
Canada Visa Requirements FAQs
1. Is biometrics required for a Canada visa?
While applying for Canada visa online through Blinkvisa, it is not mandatory. However, the residents of the following countries (in grey) need to submit their biometrics for other visa types.
2. Is there a Canada visa on arrival for Indians?
Only the visa-exempt nations can avail Canada visa on arrival. Refer the illustration (source: Wikipedia) below;
Important: Except for the U.S. nationals and citizens of France residing in Saint Pierre and Miquelon arriving directly from the territory, require an eTA when entering Canada by air.
Indian passport holders except for the Green Card holders, US residents, etc. are not eligible for a Canada visa on arrival. Hence, they must opt for Canada visitor visa or tourist visa.
3. If applicable, what is the Canada visa on arrival requirements for Indians?
The list of common documents for Canada visitor visa applies for Canada visa on arrival as well. However, the original and copy of your resident visa or Green Card must also be furnished.
For the complete information, read Canada Visa for Indians