When you plan a tour to Singapore, there are lots of things to keep in mind. You need to book a flight, make hotel reservations or call up their friends to discuss their itinerary. But being a tourist waiting to explore the city, one thing the first things that come up would be – Do I Need a Visa for Singapore? Well, Singapore has categorised countries who require a visa or not. The internet can help you with the requirements but not all sites can give you credible information.
Switch to Blinkvisa to make your Singapore trip a reality!
Did you know?
Singapore visa for Indian can be obtained through simple procedures through BlinkVisa. Blink Visa offers hassle-free visa with an added privilege of 100% cashback which gets credited to your Blinkwallet for you to use on flight tickets, hotel reservations, and other travel-related packages and activities.
Are you from a visa-listed country?
Before we get into the process of applying for a visa, it is ideal to know whether your passport requires a visa or not. Now, Singapore has divided its visit visa required countries into two categories:
Level I Assessment:
The following are the countries that require a Singapore visit visa to travel for both tourism and business purposes. India is one among the Level I visa listed countries.
Level II Assessment:
The nationals from this level must avail a visa to Singapore.
Singapore visa exempted countries:
All other countries who have not been listed in the above two assessments need not take a visa to Singapore.
But what is to be noted is that every other visa-exempted nationals can stay in Singapore for 30 days except for these nationals listed below who have the privilege to stay for up to 90 days:
- European Union citizens
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- United States
- Even if you hold a passport of any country that falls under Level I or Level II assessment, you are duly exempt from Singapore visa if you hold a diplomatic, service or official passport!
- If you happen to possess any of these below documents, you will have to apply for a visa even if you are from a visa-free nation:
- A Palestinian Authority passport.
- A temporary passport issued by the United Arab Emirates.
- A Hong Kong Document of Identity for Visa Purposes
- The Macao Special Administrative Region Travel Permit.
3. You do not require a transit visa to pass through Singapore, even if you are from the visa-listed country if you have the following requirements:
- Do not pass through the immigration
- Inward and outward flight tickets
- Do not leave the transit area of the airport
A brief on Singapore visit visa types:
|Visa Type||Validity||Processing Time||Stay Period||Type of Entry|
|Singapore Tourist Visa||up to 2 years||5-7 working days||30 days||Multiple|
|Singapore Business Visa||up to 2 years||5-7 working days||30 days||Multiple|
Purpose of visit:
Singapore tourist visa can be used only for tourism but a business visa can be utilised for both business and tourism purposes. What is to be noted is that it is better to apply for any of these visas at least two weeks before and not any longer as the visa is valid from the date it is approved!
Read more about Singapore Tourist Visa
How to apply for a Singapore visa:
With Blinkvisa, you not just get a cashback of 100% but also discounts worth 11% on your flight tickets, activities and hotel reservations. The Singapore visa fee for both tourist visa and business visa is INR 2690 (including the Blinkvisa fee and GST). This entire fee is credited to your BlinkWallet account as Blinkcash and you can use this to avail attractive discounts.
Read more about Singapore Visa Fees
Steps to apply with Blinkvisa:
We have a Simplified process for Singapore tourist visa:
- Click on the “Apply for Visa” button on the right.
- Provide us with your basic information such as name, email & travel date.
- Complete the initial payment of just INR 500 & get full cashback into your wallet.
- Use your BlinkWallet to purchase your flight, hotel, activities and other travel-related stuff.
- Once your visa is approved, We will intimate you via SMS and Email.
- Complete any pending due payment & download your Singapore visa by logging into your Blink Account.
We make sure you are at your comfort when applying for the visa and ensuring that your trip is not ruined by unforeseen visa rejections.
Read more about How to Apply for Singapore Visa
What are the essential requirements:
- Complete the application form with due signatures.
- Ensure your passport has 6 months validity from the date you intend to arrive in Singapore.
- A copy of your confirmed return ticket is a must in your itinerary.
- Enclose a covering letter with the details like the reason for travel and dates of travel.
- Ensure you use only documents that are in English, else an official translation should be attached.
- If you are living in a different place as opposed to the one mentioned in your passport, then you need to produce two government authorized residential proof.
- If you are travelling for the first time then you need to produce tax papers and bank statement of the past three months.
There might be a requirement of producing additional documents depending on your type of visa and the validity.
Take a look at Singapore visa requirements to know more.
It is also an added advantage to attach your hotel booking for the period of stay in Singapore. All this at ready? Then you are ready to pack your bags to Singapore for your dream holiday!
Read more about Singapore Visa Requirements
Singapore Visit Visa FAQs
1. How much currency can you keep in possession?
If you have more than 20,000 Singapore dollars while entering or exiting then you need to fill up the NP727 form.
If you are entering or exiting Singapore with more than S$20,000, the NP727 form needs to be filled on the customs red channel in Singapore.
2. What are the banned products in Singapore?
You cannot carry chewing gum, chewing tobacco, e-cigarettes, lighters, weapons, firecrackers and controlled drugs.
3. Is travel insurance mandatory?
Travel insurance is not mandatory, but it is always safe to avail travel insurance in case of emergencies. We can certainly assist you with the travel insurance as it’s an absolute necessity for International travel in the event of unexpected events such as medical emergencies, baggage delay or loss, etc You can get a travel insurance HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance for as low as INR 300.
4. Is there a limit on how many times I can enter Singapore?
There is no legal limit on how many times you may enter. As long as you have a valid visa, you will be allowed. The entry permission is also at the discretion of the immigration officer. Sometimes, there could be limitations according to the situations and the nationality of the visitor is also taken into consideration.
Read More: Singapore Visa – A Complete Guide
5. Is there Singapore Visa On Arrival for Indians?
No, there is no Visa On Arrival for Indians. Any person holding an Indian passport must avail a Singapore visit visa in India itself before their travel.
Read more about Singapore Visa on Arrival