The indian high commission of India used to earlier operate all its consular services such as visa processing, passport services, attestation, medical services, marriage consular and other NRI services under the domain name cgiXXXX, where cgi means Consulate general of India and xxxx is the name of the country in so cgiberlin.com means consulategeneralofindia in berlin. So similarly cgidubai.com was used to provide consul general services in Dubai.
But eventually all the sites were migrated to the official gov.in domain .
So CGIdubai.com as been permanently moved to cgidubai.gov.in.
For any services related to visa make sure you contact the above website. One important announcement was
- The Government of UAE has just announced a fine waiver scheme for all foreign residents in UAE, whose visas have either expired before March 1, 2020 or whose stay has not been regularized in the country as on date. As per the waiver scheme, valid till August 17, 2020, they can be permitted to leave the country without making any payment of fines for the period. All such cases of Indian nationals are required to be approved by the competent UAE authorities and to be coordinated through the Embassy of India, Abu Dhabi (for people residing in Emirate of Abu Dhabi/visa issued from Abu Dhabi) and through Consulate General of India in Dubai (for people residing or visa issued from Dubai and Northern Emirates of Sharjah, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, Umm Al Quwain and Ajman).
- Accordingly, all Indian nationals whose visas have expired before March 1, 2020 are advised to avail of this opportunity to leave the country without paying any fines till August 17, 2020. For doing so, the concerned persons need to send an application (format attached), including details of their passport, local contact/mobile number, email address, visa copy etc with supporting documents to email@example.com (for Abu Dhabi cases) and firstname.lastname@example.org (for Dubai and Northern Emirates Cases). It should be sent at least 7 working days before the intended date of travel to India.
- If people are not able to scan or send documents by email, they are advised to drop their applications in the format (attached) in the drop boxes outside Embassy/Consulate for this purpose. Copy of passport (first, last and visa page) and phone number etc are required. In case of visit visa, a copy of the visa should also be enclosed.
- Any Indian national desirous of availing this opportunity of waiver of visa fines, should also ensure that they are in possession of a valid travel document to travel to India (Passport). In case, they are not in possession of passport, they can approach the Indian Embassy in Abu Dhabi or the Indian Consulate in Dubai for issuance of a Passport/Emergency certificate, as the case may be, before applying for the visa fine waiver. It may be noted that once the EC is issued, the passport is automatically canceled in the system and cannot be used. A person traveling on an Emergency Certificate would need to apply for a fresh passport only upon arrival in India.
- Embassy of India, Abu Dhabi/Consulate General of India, Dubai will ensure that these applications are forwarded to the concerned UAE authorities at the earliest possible for processing and will inform the concerned persons by phone/email once their request of waiver/visa fines are approved by UAE authorities (for which they require at least 5 working days) after which they should leave the country at the earliest possible.
- It may please be noted that crowding outside Embassy or Consulate is to be strictly avoided, especially in these Covid times. Coordinated efforts of all stakeholders will make this programme a success.
- We hereby appeal to all community organizations and associations to also spread this message to all Indian nationals in this situation and to also help such people with documentation required to make it a smooth process. They are also requested to connect them with the Embassy in Abu Dhabi or the Consulate in Dubai for quick processing of waiver applications, to address the needs of such distressed people.
If you want to apply for Dubai tourist visa from India then blinkvisa.com can help you get them. Click on any relevant link below.