Understanding the Dubai visa requirements is the primary step even before planning your Dubai holiday. It becomes even more important when your country falls in the category requiring an advance visa for touring or to transit via Dubai.
The blog describes the various types of Dubai visas and the Dubai visa requirements applicable to the different visa types. However, if you would like to get your visa as easy and cheap as you can, then Blinkvisa will make it happen for you.
Different Types of Dubai Visa
Typically, the following are the popular kinds of visas;
The kind of visa you need depends on your purpose of travel. If you are travelling to visit a friend or relative in Dubai, then you can use the same visa as Dubai Tourist visa (Dubai visitor visa), then the requirements for it could be slightly altered.
But if you would like to get your visa as easy as you can, then we will handle it for you and what’s more, your entire visa fee is given back to you as cashback in your blinkwallet. Applying for a Dubai visa for Indians made easy with Blinkvisa!
At Blinkvisa we offer the following types of Dubai visas from India
Irrespective of the Dubai visa you choose, applying for your Dubai visa through Blinkvisa will help you convert your visa expenses into travel expenses. Ipso facto, you can enjoy discounts up to 25% with Blinkvisa on your flight tickets, hotel reservations, and other travel-related packages and activities.
Visa Requirements for Dubai: The Complete Info
The following are the list of common documents that apply for a tourist visa, business visa and transit visas. To avail the Dubai visa online, it is important to fulfill the visa requirement criteria.
While travelling, you need to carry your original passport that has a validity of at least 6 months from the day of arrival in Dubai.
While applying for a Dubai visa, you need to provide the colour-scanned copy of the first and last pages of your passport (especially Indian passports.)
2. Two colour photographs
Cropped passport-sized photographs or black and white copies will not be accepted. Photo specifications provided further in the blog.
3. Cover letter
Issued by the applicant, where both the purpose of visit and duration of the stay is mentioned
Note: In the case of a female travelling alone: A NOC issued by father or husband is essential
4. Proof of accommodation
This would be hotels reservations, apartment or home-booking via Airbnb or accommodation at a friend’s or relatives place.
5. Income Tax Return
Both original and photocopy of the same
6. PAN Card
Both original and photocopy of the same
7. Dubai travel itinerary
Get a day-wise plan for your Dubai trip within your budget & save up to 25% of the trip cost because of Blinkvisa’s bulk deals with the suppliers. All are cancellable and fully refundable, unlike travel packages.
Requirements for Dubai visitor visa
If you are going to Dubai to visit a friend or relative, then you need to get a Dubai visitor visa. Apart from the common checklist listed above, the additional requirements are as follows;
- Applicants with an invitation from an immediate family member residing in Dubai must provide a valid invitation/cover letter signed by the host.
- Valid Residence Visa Copy of the host, and also the PAN Card (photocopy) and last three-months bank statement of the host/relative.
Requirements for Dubai business visa
Apart from the common list of documents,
- A cover letter from the company, confirming the name of the visa applicant, along with the purpose and duration of the stay in Dubai.
- The original Invitation letter issued by the host company in Dubai.
- Both original and photocopy of Investment documents
Note: The invitation must include the details of the business (seminar, investment, conference, etc.)
Requirements for Dubai transit visa
Along with the common documents applicable, the following requirements are crucial;
- Visa of the destination country
- Proof of round-trip tickets
Dubai visa requirements for students
Students who are travelling to Dubai for examination or study need to acquire a student visa through their respective schools or Universities.
Other than the common documents, the students are expected to produce the following
- The ID card of the student
- Hall ticket or other applicable documents
- A NOC issued from parents
- Photo identity of either a parent or a guardian (PAN Card, Passport, Driving license, etc,.)
Dubai visa requirements for children under 18-years of age
As of July 2018, children under the ages of 18-years are eligible for a free Dubai visa from the 15th of July to the 15th of September every year.
Important: If travelling alone, female children under the ages of 18 are not eligible for a Dubai visa when not accompanied by parents.
Dubai visa photo requirements
- The photograph must be of 45.0 mm x 35.0 mm dimensions
- The face must cover 70% of the photograph that is 32.0 mm x 36.0 mm
- Face orientation must be frontal
- Photo background must be white with no frames and shadows
- No hats, masks, allowed.
Note: In the case of religious headgears, it must not obstruct the face
Classification of tourist visas and Dubai visa fee
Generally, based on the type of entry, there are single entry and multiple entry visas.
At Blinkvisa, we offer the following types of tourist visas classified based on the stay period.
|Visa Name||Visa Fees||Blinkvisa Fee (INR)||Total Cost (INR)||Avail Cashback|
|Dubai 14 days tourist visa||6100||500 + 18% GST||6690||6690|
|Dubai 14 days express tourist visa||7050||500 + 18% GST||7640||7640|
|Dubai 30 days tourist visa||6300||500 + 18% GST||6890||6890|
|Dubai 30 days express tourist visa||7299||500 + 18% GST||7889||7889|
|Dubai 96 hours transit visa||4499||500 + 18% GST||5089||5089|
|Dubai 90 days tourist Visa||16000||500 + 18% GST||16590||16590|
- We do not offer Dubai employment / work / job visa
- The tourist visa cannot be used for investing or starting a business in Dubai
- We do not offer residence permit
- The Dubai visa fee is exclusive of the ‘OK to Board’ charges
We do not process Dubai transit visa when your travel itinerary includes Dubai as the destination country, for instance; India to Dubai to India.
A transit visa is subject to approval when you are travelling to a third country from Dubai. That is when you need to board the connecting flight in Dubai. For example, India – Dubai – London – India
Dubai visa requirements FAQs
1. Do the Dubai visa requirements differ for different types of Dubai visas?
Yes, the requirements may vary based on the type of visas like tourist/visitor or business or transit visa.
2. Do I need biometrics done for my Dubai visa?
Biometrics is not applicable to online visas like a Dubai visa.
3. What must the cover letter provided by my relative/host entail
The cover letter must furnish;
- Name of the host
- UAE id no / residence permit or equivalent
- Host’s profession, designation, and company information
- Host’s address, contact number
- Proof of relationship with the applicant
- The host must also mention taking full responsibility of the applicant (undertaking of guarantee)