One of the most critical things in the process of Schengen Visa is France visa appointment. Most people get nervous and sometimes miss out important details like documents or be prepared for the interview with the Consulate.
Today we will tell you in detail about the application process which includes setting up and preparing for your appointment at the appropriate embassy/consulate/VAC.
The appointment needs to be set up while applying for a Schengen visa France with the correct embassy. The visa process can be a little intimidating with so many prerequisites out there. At Blinkvisa, we remove all your worries by applying for a visa on your behalf. All you have to do is visit the embassy with the documents we help you prepare, attend the interview, and get the visa.
When you apply for a visa through Blinkvisa, you get 100% cashback on your visa fee, which is credited into your wallet in your Blinkvisa profile. You can use this cashback to book your flights, hotels, and activities.
What you need to know about France Visa Appointment
When you apply for France visa through Blinkvisa, we will set up an appointment for you at the appropriate VAC. This appointment will be set as per your schedule so you can take the time out to prepare.
You will go to the VAC/consulate along with all your original as well as duplicate copies. You will have an interview there, as well as the Biometric scans.
Attending the Visa Interview
You must arrive on or before the time of the interview at the venue where your interview is scheduled to be. You’ll meet the consular and hand over your documents to him.
During the interview, you’ll be asked personal as well as travel-related questions, which may or may not include your past travels also. The questions can be like:
- Why do you need to visit France?
- Which other areas in Schengen are you planning to visit?
- Do you have any family or friends there?
- Where do you work?
- How long will you stay there?
- What will you do there?
- How will you manage your expenses?
- Are you married?
What documents do I need to take with me when going for this Interview?
The standard/mandatory documents you will need to take with you are:
- Visa Application Form
- Photos – Two identical and as per required specifications
- Travel Insurance: In order to enter Schengen territory, insurance of at least 30,000 Euros is mandatory in case of any illness or medical emergency.
- Itinerary: You need to submit a complete itinerary mentioned dates of travel, hotel reservations, flight bookings, entry, and exit as well.
- Proof of Accommodation: This is usually a hotel booking voucher where you’ll be staying in the Schengen Area. It can also be any one of the following:
- Rental Agreement
- Letter of Invitation from a host in Schengen if you’ve been invited
- Proof of Financial Means: A proof that you have sufficient balance for your expenses while on this trip. It can be any one of the following:
- Bank Statement of the last six months not older than the last three days
- Sponsorship Letter which mentions that the host will be taking care of the expenses of the traveller
- Combination of both
- Note: Each country has its own requirement of how much amount should be available in the bank.
- Schengen Visa Cover Letter should also be accompanied explaining why you’re going, your plan of travel, and what will you do there.
In addition to the above documents, you will also need visa specific documents. You can find more about these documents and additional requirements based on visa type here.
Frequently Asked Questions about France Visa
1. How long does it take for the Interview?
Typically, it only takes 15-20 minutes for the interview process however depending you the visa type and consular, it may be short on taking a bit more time.
2. Do I need to take xerox copies of documents with me?
Yes, you will need to take xerox as well as original copies of documents with you.
3. Do I need to give biometrics if I already visited Schengen Area before as well?
If you’ve visited the Schengen area in recent years, then you won’t need a biometric again however the interview is required.
4. What are the different types of France Visa?
The popular types of France Visa are;
For the complete list, read France Visa
5. Is there a France Visa on Arrival for Indians?
There is no visa on arrival to France for Indian citizens. Please read France Visa for Indians for more details.
6. What is the France Schengen Visa Fee?
The France Visa price break-up is as follows;
Also, read France Visa Cost
7. How to apply for France Visa?
The France Visa Application process is simple with Blinkvisa, which is as follows;
- Visit Blinkvisa.com
- Select the type of visa required, tourist of business and click ‘Apply for Visa’
- You will have to fill some basic information like your name and contact details.
- Make the payment of the INR 1000 only. As soon as you make this payment, you will get the entire INR 7680 (Total Schengen Visa Fee) as cashback credited into your Blinkvisa wallet.
- In about one hour, you will get a call from our visa expert who will explain and suggest you the visa type and its requirements.
- If you’re from Bangalore, we shall send our executive to your doorstep for documents pickup else. We will carefully examine them, checking for any mistake, fill out the required forms for you.
Also, read Apply for France Visa