France, officially known as the French Republic or République Française is a country located in north-western Europe. France is one of the destinations Indians are highly visiting since the last decade. In 2017 alone, around 7 Lakh (700,000) individuals from India visited France for the purpose of Tourism and Business. Getting a France Visa for Indians has been on the rise since then.
France is one of the Schengen Countries, which means once you get a France visa approved, not only you can visit France; but you have a total of 26 different European countries to visit on this Visa.
Applying for France Visa from BlinkVisa has a myriad of benefits as compared to the official/government or any other travel operators:
- No full visa fee to be paid by you until your visa is confirmed
- You get entire visa fees credited back into your wallet as cashback
- Booking of flights, hotels, and activities for up to 15% discount as compared to other operators
- Our visa experts can apply for your visa on your behalf if you’re from Bangalore
- 100% visa assistance from anywhere in the world
- Get personalized itinerary just for you and your friends or family
- Best selection of pre-booked activities so you don’t have to worry
- Pickup and drop facility of documents anywhere in Bangalore
- Only INR 500 to be paid initially for your process to start
Introduction to Schengen France Visa for Indians
Schengen Agreement was created in 1985 in Europe and initially was signed by five European Economic Community. Today there are 26 countries included in this agreement and more are planning to join. The purpose of the Schengen Agreement was to join the countries together for free and unrestricted movements for people among these countries and it still stands as one of the largest free travel in the world.
The visa process is similar for all of these countries however depending on certain criteria, the documents and requirements may vary from country to country.
Indians require Schengen France visa, which can be applied to at the VFS Global across the country but the process, requirements and interviews may be time-consuming. Applying for a visa through Blinkvisa can be a smooth process as we will handle all your documentation and formalities. We will even schedule an appointment and set up biometrics and visa interview for you. For more information, read France Visa Appointment.
6 Steps to getting France Visa for Indian
Step 1: Identify the type of Visa required
There are multiple variants of France visa and you have to carefully choose one based on your requirements. The France visa can be categorized into Short Term & Long Term visas, described below:
Short Term Visa
1. Tourist Visa
2. Business Visa
Participation in trade fairs, seminars, or conferences on the invitation from your partners in France; this visa allows you to conduct such business activities. Typically, this visa is valid for 180 days and you can visit any time during its validity and stay for a maximum of 89 days. However, you must return by 90th day.
3. Visit Visa
4. Medical Visa
5. Airport Transit
Long Term Visa
You can apply for a long term visa if you need to stay for more than 90 days. You may need to extend the existing visa for Tourism, Professional Activity, pursue education, or join family members.
Note: Blinkvisa currently can process your Tourist, Visit, and Business Visa:
To know more about the documents required, visit France visa requirements.
Step 2: Organize the Documents
An Indian will need the following documents to be able to get the visa approval chances improved:
- Passport issued less than 10 years ago, at least 2 blank pages, and validity of at least three months at the time of leaving the Schengen Area
- Covering Letter
- Application form duly and accurately completed and signed
- Visa fee paid receipt
- Passport Sized Photographs
- Residence Proof of stay in India, if you’re not an Indian national
- Travel Itinerary
- Return Flight Ticket
- Travel Health Insurance covering at least 30,000 Euros
- Proof of Accommodation (any one of the following):
- Hotel reservations for the entire stay
- Sufficient funds to be able to cover the entire stay (at least 120 Euros/day)
- If visiting a family or friend, residence proof of their residence
- Tenancy agreement.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds to cover the expenses of the entire stay
- Copy of Bank statement for the last three months
- Last three months payslips (for employees)
- Copy of Income Tax Return + ITR V of last financial year
- Copy of Bank Statement of company + ITR + GST Registration (if self-employed)
- Socio-Professional Situation
- Employment Contract (Employee)
- School/College Attendance Certificate (students)
- Last 6 months pension statement (retired personnel)
- Any document supporting the individual’s link to the resident country like Marriage Certificate
You can read the requirements of the Schengen France visa in more detail.
All these documents may seem like a daunting task but you won’t need all of these. Depending on certain criteria, some documents are not needed for certain individuals. You can get in touch with us to know more about the requirements specific to you.
Step 3: Book the Appointment
You don’t have to worry about getting the appointment done by yourself as Blinkvisa takes care of this. You just have to let us know when you want us to schedule your appointment for Biometrics and photo being taken.
To know more you can visit France visa appointment.
Step 4: Pay the fee
When you apply through Blinkvisa, you do not need to pay the entire fee which is 80 Euros for adults and 40 Euros for Children at the beginning. Your visa process will be started as you fill out some basic details and make the initial payment of INR 500. The rest of the amount you can pay after the approval of your visa.
Don’t forget the entire visa fee including Blinkvisa charges are credited back into your wallet as cashback. You can use this cashback to get attractive discounts on your flight, hotel, and activity bookings.
The visa fee is as follows:
|Visa Type||Initial Charges||Visa Fees||Tax||Total||Avail Cashback|
|France Schengen Tourist Visa||INR 1000||INR 6500||18%||INR 7680||INR 7680|
|France Schengen Business Visa||INR 1000||INR 6500||18%||INR 7680||INR 7680|
Step 5: Attend the Interview
You will have to visit the VAC by yourself to attend the biometrics interview else let BlinkVisa suggest you any alternate option if available at that time.
Step 6: Collect the documents
The documents (passport and visa) will be delivered at your residence. The visa is a sticker visa on your passport.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Do you provide pick up and drop facility for documents and Visa?
If you are from Bangalore, we can send an executive to pick up the required documents or you cal also visit us at our office. The visa will also be delivered to you personally by one of our executives.
2. What is a cashback and how do I use it?
When you pay your initial fee of INR 500, you will get the entire visa fee of INR 7680 back into your wallet as cashback. You can use this cashback to get attractive discounts of up to 15% while booking hotels, flights, or activities on Blinkvisa booking portal.
3. Can I look for jobs on a tourist visa?
Looking for jobs on a Schengen tourist visa in any Schengen Country is strictly prohibited.