Getting to France isn’t that difficult as long as you know the France visa requirements. France is a Schengen state which means that once you get the France visa, you are free to travel to 26 countries in Europe.
Yes, that’s true. Schengen Agreement was initiated in 1985 for the purpose of creating the largest free travel in the world without any restrictions. There are 26 countries who are currently part of it including France. The visa process, as well as form, is generally similar to all these countries although requirements may vary depending on your nationality and the country you’re applying from.
[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #ffffff”]Apply for France Visa[/su_button]
Blinkvisa is a visa expert service which aims to assist you to get the visa without any hassle or spending too much time researching about the requirements and hassles. All you have to do is provide us with your documents and let us take care of the rest. And guess what? You get entire visa fee back as cashback right in your wallet as soon as you pay the initial amount.
What is France Schengen Visa?
France Schengen Visa is a sticker visa on your passport which allows you to travel to 26 European countries freely without any restriction. Once you enter France using this visa, you have a whole 26 countries to explore. One important thing to note is that Schengen Areas have a requirement of applying from a proper embassy/consulate/VAC in your country. You can only apply for France Schengen Visa if:
- You are going to only France and not any other Schengen country
- Going to multiple countries but the majority of the time will be spent in France
- You will spend an equal amount of time in all countries but your first entry into Schengen Area will be from France
Note: If you travel by Air between these countries, then standard Immigration check is required but by road, no such thing is required.
Requirements for France Schengen Visa
Like any other country, you will need to submit some of your documents to the Embassy or you can also submit to Blinkvisa if you’re from Bangalore. We provide pickup ‘n drop services in Bangalore. The document requirements depend on France visa type, the purpose of the visit, your nationality and your employment status. Don’t worry, we’ll be clearing your doubts about everything you may require based on the above criteria. If you’re still not sure, you can visit Blinkvisa.com and let us take care of your visa.
There are some mandatory requirements for the application for a visa regardless of what type of visa you require and there are some additional document requirements as well:
Mandatory Documents required for France Visa
- Passport: Original passport with at least six months validity, two blank pages, and passport must have been granted to you in the last 10 years. You will also need an old passport along with you if you have any.
- Application Form: You will need France Schengen visa application form, accurately filled without any mistake and duly signed.
- Note: If you apply through Blinkvisa, then you won’t need to fill out the form if you’re in Bangalore. We’ll do that for you, and if you aren’t we’ll surely assist you in completing the forms.
- Photos: Two passport-sized photos, without any borders, matte or semi-matte finish, size of 35mm x 45mmx, must be taken in recent three months
- Itinerary: An itinerary of your travel plan which mentions your dates of travel around countries in Schengen Area, Accommodations, flights, and any other bookings done.
- Travel Insurance: A travel insurance which can cover up to 30,000 Euros is a must in any Schengen area
- Proof of Accommodation: Hotel booking vouchers or invitation from your friend or family residing in France is required. It basically proves that you have the means to support your accommodation requirements.
- Proof of Support of Financial Means: Bank statement of the last six months, not older than three days or a sponsorship letter from someone residing in France as a proof that they’ll take care of your finances.
- Covering Letter: A letter to be written by you stating the reason for your visit, how long you’ll stay, where you’ll stay, and what you’ll do there during this time. Blinkvisa also writes this for you so you don’t have to worry about it.
- Confirmed Return Flight Tickets
- Proof of paid visa fee
Additional Documents based on Employment Status
In addition to the mandatory documents mentioned above, you will also need to submit more documents depending on your current employment status:
- Employment Contract
- Leave approval letter from your employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- Copy of a business license (GST Certificate if Indian)
- Company bank statement for the last six months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
- Proof of enrollment
- No-Objection-Certificate from School, College, or University
- Proof of financial means like a bank statement from your parent or host or a work contract
- Last six-month pension statement
- Birth certificate
- Application form signed by both parents
- If only one parent has custody of the child, the Family Court Order is required
- Passports of both parents
- Parental Authorization (Notarized) signed by parents if the minor is travelling alone
Additional documents based on your purpose of visit
Your purpose of visit can be Tourism, Business, Visiting Family or Friends, Transit, Medical, or any other. Every purpose have their own set of requirements as well:
- Flight ticket to the final country
- Visa of the country (if applicable)
- Letter from the doctor in the home country explaining that you need medical treatment
- Confirmation of the doctor’s / hospital’s appointment in EU
- Proof of Financial Means
- A guarantee letter from the applicant – An affirmation certificate to assure the patient’s capacity to cope with the extra medical costs (when expecting unforeseen costs of medical treatment to happen)
Visiting Family or Friends
- Invitation letter from your family or friends in France with the address and phone number – if applicable
- Invitation letter from the French company you will be visiting and their detailed address
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Proprietorship/Partnership documents/Article of Association
Fees for France Schengen Visa
Earlier all visas in Schengen had a price of 60 Euros for Adults and 35 Euros for Children from 6-12 years but recently on 02 February 2020, the price for all Schengen visas has been revised. Now the fees will cost 80 Euros for Adults and 40 Euros for Children from 6-12 years. Below six years stay free.
Note: Please note that since the prices have been recently released, so official websites have not updated yet so this is the old prices as of now we’re taking.
|Visa Type||Adult (Above 12)||Child (6-12)||Others|
|Schengen Visa/Transit Visa/Short Stay Visa||60 Euros||35 Euros||Free For:|
|Long Stay Visa||99 Euros||50 Euros||Free For:|
You can find more about France Schengen Fee here.
Itinerary for your travel?
We can not only provide you with 100% cashback on your entire visa fees, but we can also create a personalized itinerary for you to enjoy with your friends and family.
[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/blog/custom-travel-itinerary/” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #ffffff”]Create Custom France Travel Plan[/su_button]
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How can I apply for a visa on Blinkvisa?
You can visit blinkvisa.com and select the visa type, fill up some basic information, pay the initial amount of INR 1000 and let our visa experts get in touch with you. To know more, please visit France visa application.
2. How do I apply for a visa from India?
Please read France visa from Bangalore.
3. How long before can I apply for France Schengen Visa?
The maximum time before you can apply was three months up until recently, but now it has been changed to six months.