If you truly want to experience the essence of Asia in one city, you must visit Hong Kong. Hong Kong comes under the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China. Needless to say, you will be able to experience both the culture and cuisine of the east at its very best. The state-city of Hong Kong is one of the most vibrant cities of the east and it is known as the only eastern city which never sleeps. Whether it is the scenic natural beauty, the heart-throbbing nightlife, Hong Kong can offer you everything you must be looking for on your next international trip.
The article explains everything you should know about the Hong Kong tourist visa for Indians and how you can get it with 100% cashback.
Hong Kong Tourist Visa: Know the Basics
As mentioned above, Hong Kong is a part of China but one cannot enter Hong Kong with a China visa or vice versa. Hong Kong has its very own visa policy and any foreign nationals intending to visit Hong Kong must follow the instruction given by the Hong Kong Government.
Hong Kong allows visitors from 170 countries to enter this country without a visa. Refer to the illustration below;
Hong Kong Visa Policy Map
Pre-arrival registration Hong Kong for Indian nationals
Before the 23rd of January 2017, Indians could travel to Hong Kong visa-free. However, post 23rd January 2017, Indian passport holders must register for a PAR before travelling to Hong Kong. Thus, the registration facility for Indians to visit Hong Kong is called PAR (pre-arrival registration). The PAR is mandatory for Indians irrespective of the age of the visitor.
Hong Kong tourist visa required countries
The countries mentioned-above must travel to Hong Kong with a Hong Kong tourist visa. It is important to understand that the salient features of a PAR and tourist visa are quite similar.
Note: Both PAR and tourist visa for Indian Passport holders are a must before travelling to Hong Kong.
Hong Kong tourist visa for Indians
Indians may apply for a Hong Kong PAR referred to as tourist visa online either through the government portal or through any qualified visa agencies like Blinkvisa. With this visa/PAR, you can stay up to 14 days in Hong Kong. It takes only one day to process the visa. The Hong Kong tourist visa for Indians (PAR) has a validity of 6 months.
Important: The purpose of your visit must be tourism. You are not allowed to study or take up a job while you are on a tourist visa.
Hong Kong PAR for Indians. Important facts:
- The PAR referred to as Hong Kong tourist visa for Indians has multiple types of entry.
- For every entry made, you may stay up to a continuous period of 14 days.
- You would be required to leave the country on or before the 14th day.
- The validity of PAR or tourist visa for Indians is up to six months.
- You may enter and exit the country multiple times before the expiry of the PAR or tourist visa.
Eligibility Criteria for PAR to Hong Kong
Indians apart from the PAR exempt individuals (refer below) must apply for a PAR. However, certain eligibility criterion should be satisfied to avail a PAR or Hong Kong tourist visa for Indians. They are as follows;
a) The visitor must have a valid Indian passport with a validity of at least six months
b) The purpose of the visit must be solely for tourism or transit only for stays not exceeding 14 days.
c) Transit visa for Indians does not apply in the case of direct transit by air, where you would not exit the transit area in the airport.
Read for More Information: Hong Kong Tourist Visa
Hong Kong Visa and PAR Exemptions
In the following situations, one can enter Hong Kong without a pre-registration or a Hong Kong visa:
- Indians holding a Hong Kong travel pass
- Holders of non-ordinary passports – diplomatic and official
- Indians with valid permission for employment, study or residence in Hong Kong
- Indian nationals with the right to unconditional stay in Hong Kong
- Individuals with a valid United Nations Laissez-Passer visiting Hong Kong on official United Nations business
- Operating aircrew or operating sea crew members
- Indian citizens enrolled with the e-Channel service as frequent visitors
- Direct transit where the traveller does not leave the airport premises
Read for More Information: Hong Kong Visa for Indians
Hong Kong Tourist Visa Requirements for Indians
Indian passport holders need just two documents to have a tourist visa for Hong Kong.
- Scanned colour copy of the first and last page of your Passport. Should have a minimum of three blank pages.
- Duly filled questionnaire.*
*Note: Filling the questionnaire must be done with the utmost care. All the information in your PAR must match the information in your passport.
The link to access the questionnaire would be shared upon successful registration
The discrepancy in the questionnaire or information provided
In the case of information mismatch, the applicant may face refusal of boarding of conveyance (a ship, aircraft, vehicle or any other means of travel or transport) or refusal of entry upon arrival in Hong Kong.
Additionally, if you are found to give wrong information wilfully, you will be liable for prosecution under the Laws of Hong Kong.
Read for More Information: Hong Kong Visa Requirements
Important: Opting for Blinkvisa as your visa expert, you will get assistance in each step of visa processing. We will also fill the questionnaire on your behalf making sure that there is no room for mistakes.
Hong Kong Visa Fee
The visa fee for Hong Kong tourist visa is INR 1389 at Blinkvisa. Apart from the mentioned amount, there are no extra charges.
Also, you will get 100% cashback of your visa fee only at Blinkvisa!
It is to say, the complete visa fee of INR 1389 is credited back to your Blinkwallet, linked to your user account. The cashback reflects as Blinkcash in your Blinkwallet. You can use this Blinkcash for booking flight tickets, hotel reservations and activities to do in Hong Kong.
Read for More Information: Hong Kong Visa Fees
The Tourist visa Application Process
The tourist visa application process is very simple when you apply for your Hong Kong tourist visa through Blinkvisa. Because you will also get;
- Expert Assistance
- 100% Cashback on visa fee
- Free Travel Plan
- Discounts on Flights and Hotel Bookings
- Travel Insurance
How to apply for a Hong Kong tourist visa?
- Visit Blinkvisa
- Fill in your basic information like destination, phone number, and email Id, and then click on ‘Get Visa’
- Complete the initial payment of INR 500 and get a complete cashback of INR 1389 in your wallet.
- Use your BlinkWallet to purchase flight tickets, hotel, activities and other travel-related preferences.
- We will inform the approval status or otherwise of your visa via SMS and Email.
- Pay the remaining visa fee to download PDF file of your visa.
[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/visa/hong-kong-tourist-visa” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #ffffff”]Apply For Hong Kong Visa[/su_button]
Frequently asked questions
1. Is there a Hong Kong visa on arrival for Indians?
Hong Kong visa on arrival for Indians was available before the 23rd of January 2017. After which, all Indians must apply for a PAR or pre-approval registration. However, other countries that require a Hong Kong visa may apply for a Hong Kong visa online.
Read for More Information: Hong Kong Visa on Arrival
2. Is the Hong Kong visa fee refundable?
As we offer a 100% cashback on your Hong Kong visa fees, we do not provide a cash refund.
3. What information is required for application for PAR?
You will have to provide some mandatory information like full name, gender, marital status, date of birth, place of birth, residential address, contact telephone number, etc.
Also, provide your India passport number, its place of issue, date of issue and date of expiry, etc.
There are some non-mandatory fields as well which you need to answer to increase your chances of approval.
Read for More Information: Hong Kong Visa Application
4. When and how will I know whether my application for PAR/Hong Kong visa is successful or not?
We will inform you about the status of your PAR within 24 hours of application submission by call or mail.
5. How should I pay my Hong Kong visa fee?
You could pay Hong Kong visa fee by three different modes-
- Payment through credit/debit card
- UPI Payment
- Payment through PayUmoney portal