An international tour becomes more exciting when you don’t need to go through a cumbersome process for your visa approval. Well, if you have chosen Malaysia for your next holiday destination, then you can get a hassle-free online visa for Malaysia. Visiting Malaysia is now easier for Indians because of the online processing of the Malaysia visa.
Though a Malaysia visa online is easy to avail, it is not free. It can cost you up to INR 3780 per visa! But you can get the entire visa fee credited back to you in the form of cashback while applying through Blinkvisa.
This blog explains the different types of Malaysia visa online available for Indians, the cost, requirements, and how to get it without any additional cost for your trip.
Is Malaysia visa online available for Indians?
All Indian passport holders can obtain an online visa for Malaysia. The Malaysia visa online is also known as Malaysia e visa. The Malaysia e visa option is applicable only for certain country nationals, and India is one of those.
The selected country nationals who can apply for Malaysia visa online are India, China, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Bhutan, Serbia, and Montenegro.
Note- Malaysia visa online is not a stamped visa. It comes in a PDF format. You are to download and carry a color printout of the same when you travel to Malaysia.
Types of Malaysia Visa Online
There are mainly 3 types of Malaysia visa for Indians.
|eNTRI Visa ||Single Entry Visa||Multiple Entry Visa|
The visa fee mentioned above can be eliminated if you apply the same through Blinkvisa. Blinkvisa offers 100% cashback on your Malaysia visa fee.
How to get 100% cashback on your Malaysia visa with us?
Blinkvisa, a travel startup which aims to put an end to visa costs by converting all your visa expenses into travel expense.
Blinkvisa is not only for your Malaysia visa. You can also get a whole custom travel plan done for you to make sure you have a fantastic trip.
Use your cashback to get more savings on your flight, hotel bookings, and other activities through our portal. And also gain massive discounts on your activities.
The 30 days single entry visa is a long term visa to Malaysia but allows only one entry. This is an ideal type of visa if you are planning for a month-long visit to Malaysia.
- You can use this Malaysia visa for tourism or business visits.
- You cannot get an extension on the stay period while you are on this visa.
- This visa is valid for 3 months, while the stay period is up to 29 consecutive days.
- The processing time is anywhere between 2-5 days, and you may apply for the visa 14 days ahead of the intended travel date
The multiple entry visa is convenient when you need an extended stay in Malaysia. One can enter Malaysia several times with this visa and allows you to stay of up to 29 days on each entry.
- The multiple entry visa is suitable for those who have a business in Malaysia and need frequent visits.
- This is a non-extendable visa. You need to exit and re-enter Malaysia for an extended stay.
- The entry and exit with a multiple entry visa can be from any country.
Among the different Malaysia online visa types, the eNTRI visa has the shortest stay period. Additionally, it is the least expensive visa type among all the Malaysia tourist visa available for Indians.
Important: The eNTRI visa is a paper visa. All the Indian passport holders are eligible for this type of Malaysia visa.
Few points to know about Malaysia eNTRI visa–
- This is ideal for a short trip to Malaysia.
- It is suitable for those who have no plans for any immediate visit within 3 months as this visa allows only one entry.
- You can apply for an eNTRI visa only once in 3 months (90 days).
- The arrival must be by a direct route or via Singapore, Indonesia, or Brunei.
- The eNTRI visa has a validity of 90 days, and one can stay for a maximum of 15 days from the day of arrival in Malaysia.
- The processing time for this visa is ONE business day.
The ideal time for applying for an eNTRI visa is a week ahead of the intended travel day. Otherwise, one must apply at least 48 hours before the departure time.
Note:- All of these visas come under the category of Malaysia tourist visa, whether the purpose of the visit is tourism or business.
Malaysia Visa Online: The Difficulty Index
Blinkvisa’s difficulty rating for Getting Malaysia Online visa is 8/10, making Malaysia visa fairly easy to get.
Malaysia eNTRI visa Index – 9/10
Malaysia entri visa is the easiest to get. The visa is almost instant and you can get the visa by spending 1 hour of time. If you get the right documents and photo and not make any typos then you would get the visa. Only thing you need to ensure is that you are taking a direct flight to and from Malaysia and you have no layover in Colombo or any other country other than India, Thailand or Singapore
Malaysia 30 Days Single Entry visa – 8/10
The requirements for 30 days entri visa is roughly the same as eNTRI but you need to apply for this visa and wait for someone from Malaysia consulate to review your application and approve your visa. There may be additional documents asked such as Aadhar card, Bank Statement and in worst case you will need to even attend an interview in Chennai.
Even after doing this there is no guarantee of getting your visa. And rejections are higher.
Malaysia 30 Days Multiple Entry visa – 7/10
The same rules as Single entry but you need to also prove that you need Multiple entry visa and not a Single Entry visa.
You can avoid all those visa rejection chances by taking assistance form visa experts. If you apply for your visa through Blinkvisa, you will get assistance in each step of the visa processing, i.e., from filling from to scrutinization of the documents. The visa experts will also help you by editing your visa photo in case you don’t have one.
Malaysia Tourist Visa Fees
Malaysia visa fees for online application include the embassy charges, service charges of the visa agency as well as GST.
Here are the Malaysia tourist visa fees you are to pay while applying through Blinkvisa.
|Malaysia Visa Fee||Visa fee||Blinkvisa fee||Total||Avail Blink Cashback|
|eNTRI visa||1900||500 + 18%||2490||2490|
|30 Days single entry||2990||500 + 18%||3580||3580|
|30 Days multiple entry||3190||500 + 18%||3780||3780|
Malaysia Visa Requirements
In summary, The documents required for the Malaysia visa online application are
- Scan copy of passport first and last pages of the current passport
- Copy of any previous visas issued from Malaysia or any other countries in the existing passport or older ones
- The visa application duly filled and signed
- A colored photograph as per Malaysia visa photo specifications (size 35 mm x 50mm, no borders, white background, 80% face coverage and recent)
- Confirmed return tickets (mandatory for eNTRI visa)
- Hotel reservation or any other proof of accommodation
Important: These required documents are essential for the visa application. The Malaysia government is very strict about the photo specifications, as well.
Malaysia visa photo specifications
The Malaysian government is very strict about the photo requirements. Any change in these specifications is one of the top reasons for visa rejection.
Here are the specifications for the Malaysia visa photo size–
- Malaysia visa photo size should be 35mm x 50mm
- The photo must be against a white background without any shadows
- There should be no frame or borders
- The face must have at least 80% of coverage without restrictions
- The photo must be recent (within the last 6 months)
How to apply for Malaysia Visa Online?
Although you can apply for a Malaysia tourist visa online, With Blinkvisa, you can get 100% cashback on any Malaysia visa.
We have a Simplified process for Malaysia tourist visa:
- Visit Blinkvisa
- Provide us with your basic information such as name, email & travel date.
- Complete the initial payment of just INR 500 & get full cashback into your wallet.
- Use your BlinkWallet to purchase your flight, hotel, activities, and other travel-related stuff.
- Once your visa is approved, We will intimate you via SMS and Email.
- Complete any pending due payment & download your Malaysia visa by logging into your portal.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is a cover letter mandatory for the Malaysia visa application?
No. Cover letter is not mandatory for a Malaysia visa online.
2. What are the conditions for the re-application for a Malaysia visa?
- You need not reapply for a new visa if there is any change in the travel plan, but the new date is within the validity period.
- One must re-apply for a new visa if the travel dates are beyond the validity period.
- Re-application is necessary in case there are any errors or missing information in the previous application.
3. Do I need a travel itinerary and travel insurance before applying for a Malaysia visa?
The travel itinerary is necessary for an eNTRI visa while it is optional for the other visa types.
It is always safe to get travel insurance while traveling abroad, as Medical expenses can be unexpectedly high.
4. Is it possible to amend any information in my online application?
No, one cannot amend any information in an application after the submission. You may make changes only if the application form is not submitted, and the visa fee payment is pending.
5. Which are the permitted entry and exit points for Indians with a valid Malaysia visa?
The permitted entry and exit points are-
- Bukit Kayu Itam Checkpoint, Kedah.
- Padang Besar Checkpoint, Perlis.
- Sultan Iskandar Building Immigration Checkpoint, Johor.
- Sultan Abu Bakar Checkpoint, Johor.
- Sungai Tujoh Immigration Checkpoint, Sarawak.
- Tedungan Immigration Checkpoint, Sarawak.