Malaysia is an ideal holiday destination to spend your vacation. A huge number of Indians visit this beautiful country every year. Visiting Malaysia is now easier for Indians because of the online processing of the Malaysia visa.
A Malaysia visa for Indians is not free though. It can cost you up to INR 3780 per visa! But you can get the entire visa fee credited back to you in the form of cashback while applying through Blinkvisa.
This blog explains the different types of Malaysia visas available for Indians, the cost, requirements and how to get it without any additional cost for your trip.
Malaysia Visa Online – Basic Layout
The Malaysia visa online is also known as Malaysia e visa. The Malaysia e visa option is applicable only for certain country nationals and India is one of those.
The selected country nationals who can apply for Malaysia visa online are India, China, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Bhutan, Serbia, and Montenegro.
Nationals of all these countries can apply for Malaysia e visa online even if they reside out of the country. Expatriates of these countries can apply for the visa as long as they are not residing in Malaysia, Singapore, or Israel.
Note- Malaysia visa online is not a stamped visa. It comes in a PDF format. You are to download and carry a color printout of the same when you travel to Malaysia.
Types of Malaysia Visa Online
There are mainly 3 types of Malaysia visa available for Indians.
- Malaysia Single Entry Visa
- Malaysia Multiple Entry Visa
- Malaysia eNTRI visa
Single Entry Visa
Multiple Entry Visa
The visa fee mentioned above can be eliminated if you apply the same through Blinkvisa. Blinkvisa offers 100% cashback of your Malaysia visa fee.
How to get 100% discount on your Malaysia visa with us?
Blinkvisa, a travel startup which aims to put an end to visa costs by converting all your visa expenses into travel expense.
Blinkvisa is not only for your Malaysia visa, you can get a whole custom travel plan done for you to make sure you have an amazing trip while also using your cashback that you just got to provide you even more savings when you book your flight and hotel from blinkvisa and also gain huge discounts on your activities.
Malaysia 30 Days Single Entry Visa
The 30 days single entry visa is a long term visa to Malaysia but allows only one entry. This is an ideal type of visa if you are planning for a month-long visit to Malaysia.
- You can use this Malaysia visa for tourism or business visits.
- You cannot get an extension on the stay period while you are on this visa.
- This visa is valid for 3 months while the stay period is up to 29 continuous days.
- The processing time is anywhere between 3-5 days and you may apply for the visa 14 days ahead of the intended travel date
Malaysia 30 Days Multiple Entry Visa
The multiple entry visa is convenient when you need an extended stay in Malaysia. One can enter Malaysia several times with this visa and allows you to stay of up to 29 days on each entry.
- The multiple entry visa is suitable for those who have a business in Malaysia and need frequent visits.
- This is a non-extendable visa. You need to exit and re-enter Malaysia for an extended stay.
- The entry and exit with a multiple entry visa can be from any country.
Malaysia eNTRI Visa
Among the different Malaysia online visa types, the eNTRI visa has the shortest stay period. Additionally, it is the least expensive visa type among all the tourist visas available for Indians.
Important: eNTRI visa is a paper visa. All the Indian passport holders (residents or expatriates) are eligible for this type of Malaysia visa.
Few points to know about eNTRI visa-
- This is ideal for a short trip to Malaysia.
- It is suitable for those who have no plans for any immediate visit within 3 months as this visa allows only one entry.
- You can apply for an eNTRI visa only once in 3 months (90 days).
- The arrival must be by a direct route or via Singapore, Indonesia or Brunei.
- The eNTRI visa has a validity of 90 days and one can stay for a maximum of 15 days from the day of arrival in Malaysia.
- The processing time for this visa is ONE business day.
The ideal time for applying eNTRI visa is a week ahead of the intended travel day. Otherwise, one must apply at least 48 hours before the departure time.
Note:- All of these visas come under the category of Malaysia tourist visa whether the purpose of the visit is tourism or business.
Malaysia Tourist Visa Fees
Malaysia visa fees for online application include the embassy charges, service charges of the visa agency as well as GST.
Here are the Malaysia tourist visa fees you are to pay while applying through Blinkvisa.
- Malaysia eNTRI visa – INR 2490
- Malaysia Single entry visa – INR 3580
- Malaysia Multiple entry visa – INR 3780
Malaysia Visa Type
30 Days Single entry
30 Days Multiple entry
Malaysia Visa Requirements
In summary, The documents required for the Malaysia visa online application are,
- Scan copy of passport first and last pages of the current passport
- Copy of any previous visas issued from Malaysia or any other countries in the existing passport or older ones
- The visa application duly filled and signed
- A colored photograph as per Malaysia visa photo specifications (size 35 mm x 50mm, no borders, white background, 80% face coverage and recent)
- Confirmed return tickets (mandatory for eNTRI visa)
- Hotel reservation or any other proof of accommodation
Important: These required documents are essential for the visa application. The Malaysia government is very strict about the photo specifications as well.
Malaysia visa photo specifications
The Malaysian government is very strict about the photo requirements. Any change in these specifications is one of the top reasons for visa rejection.
Here are the specifications for the Malaysia visa photo size-
- Malaysia visa photo size should be 35mm x 50mm
- The photo must be against a white background without any shadows
- There should be no frame or borders
- The face must have at least 80% of coverage without restrictions
- The photo must be recent (within the last 6 months)
How to apply for Malaysia Visa?
Although you can apply for a Malaysia tourist visa online, With Blinkvisa you can get 100% cashback on any Malaysia visa.
We have a Simplified process for Malaysia tourist visa:
- Visit Blinkvisa
- Provide us with your basic information such as name, email & travel date.
- Complete the initial payment of just INR 500 & get full cashback into your wallet.
- Use your BlinkWallet to purchase your flight, hotel, activities and other travel-related stuff.
- Once your visa is approved, We will intimate you via SMS and Email.
- Complete any pending due payment & download your Malaysia visa by logging into your portal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a cover letter mandatory for the Malaysia visa application?
No. Cover letter is not mandatory for a Malaysia visa online.
What are the conditions for the re-application for a Malaysia visa?
- You need not reapply for a new visa if there is any change in the travel plan but the new date is within the validity period.
- One must re-apply for a new visa if the travel dates are beyond the validity period.
- Re-application is necessary in case there are any errors or missing information in the previous application.
Do I need a travel itinerary and travel insurance before applying for a Malaysia visa?
The travel itinerary is necessary for an eNTRI visa while it is optional for the other visa types.
It is always safe to get a travel insurance while traveling abroad as Medical expenses can be unexpectedly high.
Is it possible to amend any information in my online application?
No, one cannot amend any information in an application after the submission. You may make changes only if the application form is not submitted and the visa fee payment is pending.
Which are the permitted entry and exit points for Indians with a valid Malaysia visa?
The permitted entry and exit points are-
- Bukit Kayu Itam Checkpoint, Kedah.
- Padang Besar Checkpoint, Perlis.
- Sultan Iskandar Building Immigration Checkpoint, Johor.
- Sultan Abu Bakar Checkpoint, Johor.
- Sungai Tujoh Immigration Checkpoint, Sarawak.
- Tedungan Immigration Checkpoint, Sarawak.