A single visa to several countries is nothing more than a dream come true for ardent travellers. A Schengen visa is one such reality that allows you to enter as many as 26 countries in Europe (Schengen countries). In fact, it allows travellers to visit one Schengen country to another without a hitch.
Apply for Schengen visa from Bangalore and get a 100% cashback!
What is a Schengen Visa?
As per the treaty signed by countries in the Schengen zone, tourist-entry into these countries is possible with just a single Schengen visa!
Which are the Schengen countries you can visit with a Schengen visa?
Typically, the Schengen zone is a collection of 26 European countries. The countries in this zone may visit the other Schengen countries on tourism without a visa. And, the countries eligible for a Schengen visa, may visit any of the 26 countries with the same visa.
Schengen visa map
List of the Schengen Countries
Did you know?
A well-planned travel itinerary is a must for the approval of your Schengen visa!
Do not have a travel itinerary?
Worry not! At Blinkvisa, we not only offer assistance with your Schengen visa but also deliver a whole custom travel plan!
[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/blog/custom-travel-itinerary/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #fffffff”]Click to Get Schengen Travel Plan[/su_button]
Schengen visa application: How it works?
At Blinkvisa, applying for your Schengen visa from Bangalore involves the following steps;
- Pay an initial amount of INR.1000 and book an appointment for the pickup of documents.
- Once the executive collects the documents and passports, he/she will fill up the application form.
- When this stage is complete, the application form will be emailed to you for verification. When you verify and confirm the details, the passport and documents will be returned to you.
- Blinkvisa will also fix an appointment at the VFS for a personal interview.
- A personal interview and biometrics are necessary for first-time Schengen visa applicants.
- After the interview, the passport with the approved visa will be sent to the address provided in your application.
Additional benefits of opting for Blinkvisa assistance
Your Schengen visa application will be easier with the expert assistance of Blinkvisa. Our visa experts can assist with each step of the visa processing.
By helping with the visa application filling, Blinkvisa is saving you hours. It will take long for you to complete the application form since it requires so much information. Additionally, you must have a bunch of documents ready with you when you visit the VFS Global in Bangalore for the visa interview.
Blinkvisa gives you a 100% cashback on the complete visa fee. The money will be credited to the BlinkWallet as the Blinkcash. You can use this Blinkcash to unlock discounts flight tickets, hotels, and even activities on the Blinkvisa portal. Click here for discounts!
Schengen Visa Application
Here is a detailed account of the Schengen visa application process. It is better if you are aware of it before applying for a visa from Bangalore.
Schengen visa processing time in Bangalore would be anywhere between 7-20 days, depending upon the country you choose as your main destination. Even though you can travel to all the other countries in the Schengen Zone, you still need a specific country through which you can get the visa.
Schengen visa validity
Schengen visa validity depends on the applicant’s travel plan. You are most likely to get only as many days as mentioned in your day-wise travel plan. When you get the visa, you must not delay the travel too much. In fact, it would be better if you do not make any changes.
The Schengen visa allows a stay period of only as many days as in the itinerary. If you have a multiple-entry visa, you may come back for a longer stay in the same country.
Number of entries
You may either choose a single-entry or multiple-entry type of Schengen visa. While the latter is ideal when you plan to visit more than one country, the former is best suited when you visit the specified country only. The approval of the same also depends on the travel itinerary. In fact, you must prove that you need a multiple entry visa, in which case, your travel itinerary is the primary proof. The default type is single-entry unless specified otherwise.
Schengen visa application centre in Bangalore
VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd,
Global Tech Park, No 11 First Floor O’ Shaughnessy Road,
Langford Town, Bangalore 560025
Counter Timings: 08:00 – 12:00 13:00 – 15:00 (Monday – Friday)
Schengen Visa Fees
When you apply for a Schengen visa, the visa fees would be the same for all countries. Regardless of which jurisdiction you choose to submit the application form, the fee remains the same.
The major factor would be the age of the applicant that decides the visa fee amount. At the same time, the visa fee differs from the age of the applicant. In other words, the visa fee is different for young children, minors, and adults.
The Schengen visa cost for different age groups
- For individuals aged 12-years and above – INR. 7680
- For individuals in between the ages of 7 to 12-years – INR 4430
- For children under 6-years – No visa fee applies
Schengen Visa Requirements
Schengen visa requirements are generally the same for all applicants, except for the financial documents. Only the primary applicant needs to submit the financial details for a family.
Schengen visa documents required
- Original Passport with at least 6 months validity and two empty pages
- Italy visa application form duly filled and signed
- Two recent passport-size coloured photographs of the size 35 mm x 45 mm. It must be in a matte or semi-matte finish with 80% face coverage taken against a white background and without border
- Personal covering letter explaining the entire travel plan
- Copy of updated Bank Statements for the last 3 months with attestation (Printout of the statement is not acceptable)
- IT Return proof / Form 16 for last 3 years
- Confirmed Flight Tickets*
- Hotel Reservations*
- Travel Insurance (minimum coverage of EUR 30,000)
Apart from the documents mentioned above, there might also be a few additional documents;
If you are employed
- Original leave sanction certificate
- Salary slip of the last 3 months.
- Business Registration License/MOA/Partnership deed/GST certificate/IT returns
- Company’s updated bank statement of last 3 months
- IT returns of the company for the last 3 years
- Original pension pay order certificate
- bank statement for the last 6 months if you are retired from a private company
- Copy of student ID card issued from the respective institution
- Bonafide certificates
- Birth certificate copy
- NOC on 100/- stamp parent from parents or the non-accompanying parent, as applicable
- Copy of any ID proof of parent(s)
If visiting a friend or relative
- Invitation letter
- Inviter’s ID passport or PR
- Address proof in the form of an Electricity bill, Utility bill, etc.
Visiting under sponsorship
When travelling under sponsorship, the applicant needs to show proof of sponsorship and other documents as follows;
- Sponsorship letter
- Sponsor’s national ID proof like Passport, PAN card or Resident permit
- Updated bank statement of last 3 months
- Income tax returns for the last 3 years.
At the VFS Global
- Reach the VFS Global at least 30 minutes before the appointment time.
- An executive will receive you and collect the documents. Next, the documents verification happens, and later, you can move on to the biometrics counter.
- At the biometrics counter, give the fingerprints of all the 10 fingers for all applicants above the age of 12.
The Schengen visa interview is crucial as your visa application can be rejected based on the interview. The interviewer may ask you several questions about yourself or your job profile. You must answer them confidently. Most importantly, you must be able to convince the consulate officer that your trip is purely for the purpose mentioned in the application.
Schengen Visa Bangalore FAQs
1. What type of visa is the Schengen visa?
A Schengen visa is a sticker visa which is pasted on your passport on approval.
2. Can I extend my Schengen visa when I am visiting there?
Typically, a Schengen visa is non-extendable. You will have to return when the visa expires. You can always apply for a new visa for another visit.
3. How long can I stay in the Schengen area with my multiple-entry visa?
If you have a multiple-entry visa, you can stay in the Schengen area for a maximum of 89 days. At the same time, there is a limit for this stay period. In other words, you can only stay for a maximum of 90 consecutive days in 6 months.
4. How can I check the status of my Schengen visa application?
You can check the status of the Schengen visa application on the VFS website. You can type in the VFS reference number and date of birth to check the same.
5. I am applying for a Schengen visa along with my family. How many appointments do I need to book?
Each applicant needs separate appointments for the interview. But you may get it on the same day and together as well.
6. What if I miss my appointment at the VFS?
In case you miss your appointment on the scheduled day, you will need to book a new appointment after 24 hours from your original appointment date.
7. Is a visa interview and biometrics mandatory for all?
A visa interview and biometric data are not required if you have visited any of the Schengen countries after 2nd November 2015. Once you give your biometrics, it is valid for the next 59 months. Moreover, if the applicant is less than 12 years old, biometric data is not required.