Visa processes often require a lot of paperwork. The reason being they are time-consuming and confusing. But here’s the good news. Getting a Singapore visa for Indians seems to be very simple. There are no tedious paperwork or biometrics. Although it would have been hassle-free if Indians had Visa On Arrival, even getting one beforehand is secure if you approach a right visa agent!
You can also avail the Singapore eVisa for Indians with the help of the @home service at Blinkvisa. With a trusted database, Blinkvisa has been providing Singapore visa faster at 100% cashback.
Indians require a Singapore visa if visiting Singapore for a short stay. Although there are different types of Singapore visas, the most popular one is the Singapore tourist visa.
Did You Know?
Singapore High Commission has demarcated the foreign nations based on the visa entry requirements into Level I and Level II assessment countries. India belongs to Level I assessment countries. Be informed, Singapore visa on arrival isn’t an option for Indian citizens. And also, the official, diplomatic and service passport holders in India don’t need a visa to enter Singapore.
Timeline to get Singapore visa for Indians:
Application for Singapore visit visa for Indians can be filed a month before your travel dates, not prior to that. The reason because it takes at least up to 5 working days for processing the application of Singapore visa online. Which means you can apply as late as 5 days before your travel and get your visa before you travel. However, it will not be good to wait for the last moment. If by chance you are required to submit additional documents then it might prolong a little further and that is why we recommend you filing for the visa just 15 days in advance to your travel.
Singapore tourist and business visa for Indians:
The Singapore visa is issued electronically and that is why applying for it is faster. It permits you to visit Singapore either for tourism or business purposes. Both the visa can be applied through Blinkvisa. The validity is from 30 days to 2 years. And the best part is that it is a multiple entry visa.
|Visa Type||Validity||Processing Time||Stay Period||Type of Entry|
|Singapore Tourist Visa||up to 2 years||5-7 working days||30 days||Multiple|
|Singapore Business Visa||up to 2 years||5-7 working days||30 days||Multiple|
For more details on types and requirements, read all about Singapore visa.
What are the important documents to submit?
For both tourist and business visa, you need to submit certain mandatory documents and you can ask our Blinkvisa agent for the list of requirements. If you are confused on how to fill the application form, our agent will also complete your form on your behalf.
- Original Current Passport with a minimum of 2 blank pages and 6-month validity at the time of departure.
Old passport, if any.
- Duly filled and signed Form 14A
- Two most recent (taken not more than 3 months before) color photographs with size of 3.5 * 5.5.
- Personal covering letter explaining your travel or in case you are self-employed cover letter should be on business letterhead.
- Bank statement for last 3 months attested by the bank. It is important to note that you need to have a minimum balance of at least INR 75000 in your account to get the visa.
- Flight Tickets (Use Blink Wallet Cashback to get up to 25% discount on flights)
- Hotel Reservations if any (Use Blink Wallet Cashback to get up to 25% discount on hotel
Read more, Singapore visa requirements.
Looking for the best deals to fly to Singapore? Blinkvisa aids to give a customised trip plan and give you attractive discounts of up to 25%
Things to remember for Indian citizens:
- While filling the application form, you need to choose your visa type clearly. Whether Singapore tourist or business visa. Also don’t forget to put your signature.
- A confirmed return air ticket is necessary along with a letter from the applicant mentioning the reason of travel and dates of travel, addressed to ‘The Embassy of Singapore /The Consulate General of Singapore’. This will authorise the reason for your travel. There have been many visas rejected due to the lack of a cover letter.
- If the applicant is residing on a different address than that mentioned on the passport, then attach a copy of the residential proof along with two government authorised address proofs with the same address.
- If you are travelling to Singapore for the first time, then there is a need to attach income tax papers of last 3 years along with bank statements of the last 3 months.
- Attach the confirmed bookings of your hotel in Singapore, although it is not compulsory.
- Anyone who is a citizen of Singapore could invite someone using their SingPass. This option is no longer available for Indians currently. It has now been replaced with the Singapore e-visa which you can apply with a qualified visa agent.
Can Indians get Singapore Visa on Arrival?
Unfortunately, Indians can’t get a Singapore visa on arrival. You need to have a valid visa before you are even allowed to board the plane.
Also read, Singapore Visa On Arrival.
How Much Should Indians Pay for Singapore Visa?
The Singapore visa cost of the tourist visa and a business visa when applying with Blinkvisa is INR 2690. This covers all the agent fees embassy fees and courier fees. In India, there are many fraudulent agents that may charge atleast INR 10,000 for the visa expenses and you may not even get the visa on time. But at Blinkvisa, you not only pay less but also get the entire fee as cashback to your BlinkWallet as credit that can be utilised to plan the rest of your trip!
Read More: Singapore Visa Fees.
How To Apply With Blinkvisa?
After you fill the form and pay the initial fee of INR 500 as registration charges, Blinkvisa will begin processing your visa. The agent will call you within few hours or you could schedule an appointment to meet at your home. Once you keep ready the documents to furnish, the agent will either come home to pick them up or you could send them. Within 5 days, the visa is delivered to your doorstep or download it using your Blinkvisa account.
After the visa is approved, you need to pay the remaining fee (INR 2690 – INR 500) which is INR 2190 at 18% GST.
For better understanding, follow the steps below:
Read More: How to Apply for Singapore visa.
FAQs on Singapore Visa for Indians
1. Can I extend my Singapore tourist visa?
If you intend to stay beyond the period of stay granted on the tourist pass, you would need to apply for an extension of at least 5 working days before the expiry of the visit pass. Details on the extension of visit passes are available at www.ica.gov.sg.
Also, read Singapore tourist visa.
2. Can Indians start work using Singapore business visa?
The Singapore Consulate-General does not issue work visas i.e employment passes or work permits for purposes of employment. Hence, Indians cannot begin work using business visa to Singapore. Also, the Consulate-General does not accept applications for Singapore work visa for Indians submitted on behalf of clients by travel agents or employment agencies.
Also, read Singapore business visa.
3. Is Singapore eVisa a paper or sticker visa?
Singapore eVisa is a paper visa. The visa will be in a pdf format and you must download it and carry it when you enter the country.
Read More: Singapore eVisa
4. Can I apply for a Singapore visa online?
Singapore visa is now also called as Singapore eVisa or electronic visa. This is an authorisation that links the applicant’s passport electronically to an approval number.
Read More: Singapore Visa Online
5. If I make a mistake in my Singapore visa application can I apply for another one?
Once you make a mistake you cannot make changes pr corrections to your visa copy. You can apply for a new one. And the process needs to be repeated. However, at Blinkvisa, our experts will help you fill the form without any mistakes.
Read More: Singapore Visa Application