As a picturesque island country of the Asian subcontinent, Sri Lanka is a refreshing recreational holiday destination. The 3000-year-old pristine heritage or the natural essence of the country, the reasons are plenty. Needless to say, foreign tourists do need a Sri Lanka tourist visa to explore the fascinating Lanka.
Typically a Sri Lankan tourist visa can be availed online. And, it is made more easy with Blinkvisa where getting your visa is as simple as shopping on Amazon.
And the best part? You get your Sri Lanka visa with a 100% cashback on your complete visa fee!
So, let’s explore the Sri Lanka tourist visa that is essential to enter the island country for some tourist action.
Sri Lanka Tourist Visa: An Overview
Typically, Tourism ETA or Electronic Travel Authorization is vital for citizens of the country that require a visa to enter Sri Lanka. Basically, an ETA allows you to visit Lanka for a short period of up to 30 days. It is also referred to as Sri Lanka visit visa.
Sri Lanka tourist visa and Sri Lanka business visa are the two categories of Sri Lanka visit visas. While the latter is used for commercial purposes, a tourist visa is for tourism.
Apart from tourism, a tourist visa also serves the purpose of visiting relatives and friends residing in Sri Lanka.
More about tourist visa
Note: Upon registration, the entire visa fee gets credited into your account*
Typically, a Sri Lankan tourist visa is a double-entry visa which is processed under three working days at Blinkvisa.
Read More: Sri Lanka Visa Fee
Features of a Sri Lanka tourist ETA or tourist visa
1. A double-entry visa that allows you to enter the country twice using the same visa.
2. It is an eVisa directly linked to your passport unlike sticker or stamp visa
3. You can stay for 29 continuous days for every entry you make into the country.
4. The validity of the visa is up to six-months, which means you need to enter the country and exit it before the validity expires.
5. It entitles you to visit the nation as a tourist or a visitor meeting friends and relatives.
What you cannot do with your Sri Lanka tourist ETA or tourist visa
1. Cannot use it as a residence permit.
2. Cannot use it for investing or starting a business in the country.
3. Cannot use it as work/employment/job visa.
4. Cannot use it as a student visa.
Note: The applicant may use the tourist ETA to attend short-term courses under one-month. However, a residence visa is recommended for work, investment, education purposes, to name a few.
*The cashback reflects in your Blinkwallet linked to your registered email id as Blinkcash. Using the Blinkcash, you can unlock discounts of up to 25% on flight tickets, hotels, and other Sri Lankan travel activities. To know more Click Here!
Sri Lanka tourist visa requirements
Needless to say, satisfying the Sri Lanka visa requirements is essential for successful visa approval. The visa requirements at Blinkvisa are very simple. We only need two documents;
1. Scanned copy of your first and last pages of your passport
2. Two digital photographs (Refer photo specifications mentioned further in the blog)
Common documents for a tourist visa for Sri Lanka
1. Passport with a validity of at least six months
2. Scanned copy of the first and last pages of your passport
3. Scanned copy of your latest passport-sized photograph
4. Confirmed round-trip tickets
5. Confirmed proof of hotel accommodation
6. Proof of sufficient funds to bear travel expenses
7. Travel itinerary*
In the case of visiting relatives or friends; a cover letter and invitation letter from the relative/host stating the application’s relationship and purpose of visit.
The requirements of a Sri Lanka business visa, transit visa, student visa, etc. varies from that of tourist visa.
For complete information, read Sri Lanka Visa Requirements: The Complete Info
*At Blinkvisa, we not only assist you with your visa requirements but also provide a handpicked travel guide to make the most of your trip.
[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/blog/custom-travel-itinerary/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #fffffff”]Click to Get Sri Lanka Travel Plan[/su_button]
Sri Lanka tourist ETA or visa photo specifications
- A digital photograph of dimensions 2 x 2 inches
- The photo must be a recent one and must be taken against a white background
- It is also essential to have a neutral expression in the digital photo
Note: Avoid wearing spectacles and headgears. In the case of religious headgears, ensure at least 80% of the face is visible. In the case of spectacles make sure they don’t glare.
How to apply for Sri Lanka tourist visa?
Read for More Information: Apply for Sri Lanka Visa
Tourist visa Sri Lanka FAQs
1. How do I use my Sri Lanka eVisa while travelling?
Unlike stamp or sticker visa, you need to carry a couple of printouts of your Sri Lanka eVisa along with the softcopy while travelling.
2. Is there a Sri Lanka visa on arrival for Indians?
Select countries can avail a visa on arrival (with or without an ETA)
For more information refer: Sri Lanka Visa on Arrival
3. Can I apply for a tourist visa and then avail a student visa?
If you already hold a valid tourist or business visa, you cannot apply for a residence visa for student category.
4. Why should I show proof of sufficient funds?
Most often, a tourist visa is facilitated to promote the country’s tourism sector for contributing to its economy. Hence, it is vital to provide proof that you can afford a Sri Lankan vacation. Sometimes it is critical for visa approval with international tourist destinations.