One island with many facades! Sri Lanka is a truly a holistic tourist destination with a little bit of everything to please travel enthusiasts. Whether it is the country’s elegantly pristine 3000-year-old heritage or the many recreational hot-spots, it makes for a pleasing holiday. But even before planning your oriental vacation to this refreshing island country, it is imperative to understand the Sri Lanka visa requirements.
Apply for your Sri Lanka visa with 100% cashback on your Sri Lanka visa fee!
Sri Lanka ETA or E -visa: An Overview
Fundamentally, a Sri Lanka ETA enables you to enter the country for a very short stay period. While an e-visa is not limited to ETA, it is yet similar to the former.
We have listed the most sought-after ETA and Sri Lanka visas preferred by travellers from around the world;
- Tourist ETA or Sri Lanka tourist visa
- Business ETA or Sri Lanka business visa
- Sri Lanka transit visa
- Sri Lanka visa on arrival
- Sri Lanka student visa
Apart from the ones mentioned above, the following are the other types;
- Gratis Visa
- Residence Visa (Foreign students, foreign investors, foreign employees, etc.)
Types of Sri Lanka Visas at Blinkvisa
Sri Lanka tourist visa and Sri Lanka business visa are the two popular types of visas processed at Blinkvisa.
Read for More Information: Sri Lanka Tourist Visa
As indicated in the illustration, both types of visas are double-entry visas. It means you can enter the country twice using the same visa, where, at both the times you may stay up to 29 days.
The validity of the visa is up to 6 months that make them ideal for many tourist and commercial purposes.
Read for More Information: Sri Lanka Business Visa
Sri Lanka Visa Fees
|Type of Sri Lanka e-visa||Visa Fee||Blinkvisa Charges||Avail Cashback|
|Sri Lanka Tourist Visa||INR 1450||INR 500 + 18% GST||INR 2040|
|Sri Lanka Business Visa||INR 1450||INR 500 + 18% GST||INR 2040|
Note: Get 100% Cashback on your visa fee at Blinkvisa!
Read for More information: Sri Lanka Visa Fees
Sri Lanka Visa Requirements
1. Passport with a validity of at least six months
2. Scanned copy of the first and last pages of your passport
3. Scanned copy of your latest passport-sized photograph
4. Confirmed round-trip tickets*
5. Confirmed proof of hotel accommodation
6. Proof of sufficient funds to bear travel expenses
Note: Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, and Syria must produce their confirmed return or onward tickets.*
7. Travel itinerary
[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/blog/custom-travel-itinerary/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #fffffff”]Click to Get Sri Lanka Travel Plan[/su_button]
Requirements for a visit visa
Apart from the requirements listed above, the following apply for a Sri Lanka visit visa. You must provide the formal letter issued by your relative/sponsor describing the relationship to the visa applicant. The letter must also state the duration and purpose of the visit.
Requirements for a Sri Lanka business visa
A cover letter issued by the applicant’s employing company
– The cover letter must state the name of the Sri Lankan company you are visiting. It is essential to provide the purpose of visit and the duration of your stay as well.
Requirements for a Sri Lanka transit visa
- The visa or travel document of the destination country
- Confirmed round-trip tickets
Requirements for Sri Lanka student visa (Residence visa)
For University Students
- A letter from the University.
- A recommendation letter from the Ministry of Higher Education
For college students and students under 16-years of age
- A cover letter (request letter) from the applied academic institution
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s Embassy or High Commission
- USD 1500 worth of encashment receipts per person for a year
Requirements for Sri Lanka residence visa for the investor category
- Form 48 & Form 65
- Memorandum of association & Article of association
- A letter of recommendation from Line Ministry & Board of Investment (BOI)
- Applicable BOI agreements
Requirements for Sri Lanka visa employment category
For the Board of Investment
- A Board of Investment certificate
- A request letter from the applicant’s company
- Company registration certificate and BOI agreement
- A recommendation letter from the applicable ministry
- Copy of the applicant’s biodata page in the passport
- A project request letter from the applicant’s company
- A recommendation letter from Line of Ministry (or)
- A recommendation letter from the Dept of External Resources
- The original project agreement
- Copy of the applicant’s biodata page in the passport
Sri Lanka visa photo requirements
- A digital photograph of dimensions 2 x 2 inches
- The photo must be a recent one and must be taken against a white background
- It is also essential to have a neutral expression in the digital photo
Note: Avoid wearing spectacles and headgears. In the case of religious headgears, ensure at least 80% of the face is visible. In the case of spectacles make sure they don’t glare.
How to Apply for a Sri Lanka Visa?
Read for More Information: Apply for Sri Lanka Visa
Sri Lanka Visa Requirements FAQs
1. What is Sri Lanka visit visa?
Sri Lanka visit visa is visa category with Sri Lanka tourist visa and business visa as the subcategories.
2. Can I engage in employment in Sri Lanka using my visit visa?
Other than your specified purpose of visit, you cannot engage in employment (paid or unpaid) or trade or business during your stay in the country.
3. Who are eligible for Sri Lanka visa exemptions?
The citizens of the Republic of Singapore, the Republic of Maldives, and the Republic of Seychelles are exempt from visa to enter Sri Lanka.
4. How many times can I enter Sri Lanka with my double-entry visa?
It entitles you to enter the country twice within the validity period. You can stay in the country for up to 29 days on each entry.