Approved Institution, Near Relative, Recognised, Registered medical
Practitioner, Unclaimed Body
‘An Act to aillend the Andhra Pradesh Corneal Graft-
ing Act, 1963.
Be it enacted by thc Legislative Assembly of the
State of Andhra Pridesh in the Thirty-seventh Year
of the Republic of India as follows :-
I. This Act may be calIcd the Andhra Pradesh ~~~~,i~l~,
Corneal Grafting (Amendment) Act, 1986.
- In the Andhra Pradesb Corneal Grafting ~msn&msnt
(hereinefter referred to as the principal Acr 21of
A&, in scctioa 2, for clause (b), thc following ciause 1963.
shall. be substitutcd, namely :-
“(6) “near relative” means any of the foflowitlg
5urvivir.g relatives of the deceased, nanzcly, spousc,
parent, son, daughter, brother or sister.”
of section 3. , !
- In sectiori 3 of rhe principal Act-
(i) in sub-section (I), –
(a) in clause (a), for the words ‘cauthoriso
in writing the removal of the eyes”, the words “allow
the removal of the eyes” shail bc substituted ;
(b) in clause (b), fur the words “authorise
in writing the removal of the eyes” the words, “allow
the removal of thc eyes” shall be substituted ;
(ii) in sub-section (2-1, for the words “authorise
in writing the removal of the eqes” the words. “aIlow
the removal of the eyes” shall be substituted;
- . In section 6 of t,he principal Act, for the Amonbehl
portion beginning with the words “but where any ordona
near relative” and endipg with the .words !’for
*Rpccivedthe i~ssc.~tor’tt~sGovcrrio.r on 111; 24th April, 1986. State-
m’cnt ofObj-xtsagd Aeasons, pl:arc sc5 the Andhro Prudes11 Gn:ette, Part,
IV-A, Extraordinary, dated the Is1 Aptif, 1956, nl page 6.such removal”, the following .shdl be substituted,
“unless any near relative of the deceased who
is present in the instihiion at the time of the death
or who is available in the city, town or village, where
the institution is situated, objects, within a period of
two hours immediately after the death, far . such
- After section 6 of the ptjncipal Act, the
.. ….. …,. .. .
, 6A. (I) In the case of a dead body lying in
6-A,&B,CCfollowing sections shaU be inserted, namel
- fmrcrnovalnf any ofthe near reig-tivesof the deceased
- .,Auttlorily a hospital or prjsmz and not claitned by …… . . … . . . . . .
- ,- ,
- -.. .
- of the eyes from the dead body which
- +pelbSQn,the authority for the removal
- bodies ~n
- hosprtsls or
- , ,
- so remains unclaimed may be given,
- subject to the provisions of sub-see-
- .. –
- _ . .-
- tion (2), in the prescribed form, bythe person-in-charge,
- for the time biing of thc mari3gcmellt of conrro!
- of the hospital or prison or by an employee of such
- hospital or prison, authorised in this behalf hjt rhc
- person-in-charge of the ~nanage~ncntor control thaccot:
- (2) The authority referrcd to in sub-section(1)
- shall.not be given cxcept after the expiry oi-
- (i) half-an-hour from ths tin~cof death of
- the concerned person, in cases where no ficility for
- cold storage of the dead body is available in thl: .
- hospital or prison ;or
- (ii) two hours from the time ofthe death of
- the conccrncd person, i.1 caszs where fdcihty for cold
- &rage OF he dcad body is available in the hospital
- or prison.
- . .
- (3) No authority shalt be. given under sub-
- . ,-.
- :.:.–‘ : — section (11, if the person empowered to give such
- authority has reason tobelieve that any near xelative
- of the deceased is likely to claim the dead body . .,.. . . . … . …, …. . .. , ….. .
eventhaugh such near relativc has .not come forward
to claim the body of the deceased within the time
iWcjfied in clause (i) or, as the case may b.: lau use (ii)
of sub-section (2).
ExpJanation.–For the purposes of this section
b’hospital”includcs a nursing homc, medical or teach-
ing irzstitution for therapeutic purposes or other like
6 Where the body of a person has been
Au,,,,it, ,, sent for post-mortemexarninafion
tian for mc-
dim legal or
(a) for a medico-legal purposes by reason of
the death of such person having been caused by acci-
dent or any other umiaturat cause; or
Cb) for pathoIogicaI purposcs, the ‘ person
mrnpeterzt under this Act to give ~tuthorityfor ihe
removal of the eyes from such dead body my, if he
has reason to believe that the eyes will not be required
for the purposes far which such body has been sent
for post-modem examination, authorise the removal
far therapeutic purposes of the eyes of such deceased
person provided that hc is satisfied that the deceased
person .had not expressed, before his death, any
objection to his eyes being used for therapeutic pur-
poses after his dcath or, where he had granted an
authority for the use of his eyes for therapeutic
purposes after his death, such authority had aot been
revoked by hin~before his death.
6-C. After the removal of eyes from the bod:
ofthc dcceased person, the registere
Pxw~li~nmedical pra~titimer (Opthalmic) shall
takc such steps for the presewation of
proceeding shall lie agahst my person
foranything which is in good faith
done or intended to be done under this
dead Mia. the eyes so rcnzoved as may be pres-
DISCLAIMER: This document is being furnished to you for your information by Blinkvisa. The contents of this document have been obtained from sources Blinkvisa believes to be reliable. These contents have not been independently verified, and PRS makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or correctness. In some cases the Principal Act and/or Amendment Act may not be available. Principal Acts may or may not include subsequent amendments. For authoritative text, please contact the relevant state department concerned or refer to the latest government publication or the gazette notification. Any person using this material should take their own professional and legal advice before acting on any information contained in this document. Blinkvisa or any persons connected with it do not accept any liability arising from the use of this document. Blinkvisa or any persons connected with it shall not be in any way responsible for any loss, damage, or distress to any person on account of any action taken or not taken on the basis of this document.