Assembly, Backward Classes, Block Development and Panchayat Officer,
General Election, Gram Fund, Gram Panchayat, Gram Sabha, Gram Sachiv,
Panch, Panchayat Area, Panchayat Samiti, Population, Sarpanch, Zila
- Short title, extent and Commencement.
General provision Applicable to Gram Panchayat, Panchayat Samitis and Zila
- Duration of Gram Panchayat, Panchayat Samiti and Zila Parishad.
- Filling of Casual Vacancy.
Sabha Area Establishment and constitution of Gram Sabha and Gram
- Demarcation of Sabha area.
- Establishment and Constitution of Gram Panchayat.
- Reservation of Seats in Gram Panchayat.
- Term of office and motion of no confidence against a Sarpanch and Up-
- Meeting and quorum of Gram Sabha.
- Power and functions of Gram Sabha.
Gram Panchayat’s Conduct of Business, Duties, Functions and Powers
- Meeting of Gram Panchayat and Quorum.
- Appointment of Gram Sachives.
- Duties of Gram Sachives.
- Employment of other Servant.
- Modification or cancellation of resolution.18. Custody of Gram Panchayat record, property and liability to bond them over.
- Powers, functions and duties of Sarpanch and Up-Sarpanch.
- Report on work of Gram Panchayat.
- Functions and duties of Gram Panchayat.
- Sub-Committee and local Committees.
- Functions of Panchayat Samiti which may be delegated to Gram Panchayat.
- Power to require removal of encroachment and nuisance.
- Power to make general orders.
- Preparation of map of abadi deh.
- Penalty for disobedience of a special or general order of Gram Panchayat.
- Power to enquire and make report about misconduct of petty officials.
- Power to contract for collection of taxes and other dues.
- Power to introduce prohibition.
- Entry and inspection.
- Power to manage fairs and markets.
- Power over waterways etc.
- Power regarding naming of streets and numbering of buildings.
- Power to take over management of institutions etc.
- Help in maintenance and improvement of schools and hospitals or dispensaries.
- Establishment of Primary Schools, hospitals or a dispensary for a group of
Finance and Taxation
- Gram Fund.
- Sources of Grand Fund.
- Power of taxation and fees.
- Power to exempt from tax and write off irrecoverable amounts.
- Audit of Accounts, inspection of budget and accounts and publication of
abstract of accounts.
- Expenses of Gram Panchayat.
- Special tax and community service.
- Access to records of Gram Panchayat.
- Powers to suspend action of Gram Panchayat.
- Control and subordination.
- Default of duties.
- Power to take over management of land.
- suspension and removal of a Sarpanch, Up-Sarpanch or Panch.
- Dissolution of Gram Panchayat.
- Liability of Sarpanch, Up-Sarpanch or Panch. 54. Penalty for tempering with the property.
- Creation of block.
- Constitution of Panchayat Samiti.
- Composition of Panchayat Samiti.
- Number of members to be elected to Panchayat Samiti.
- Reservation of seats.
- First meeting of Panchayat Samiti and Election of Chairman and Vice-
- Powers and functions of Chairman and Vice-Chairman.
- Term of Office of Chairman and Vice-Chairman.
- Leave of absence.
- Suspension of Chairman/Vice-Chairman and a Member.
- Executive officer of Panchayat Samiti.
DISCLAIMER: This document is being furnished to you for your information by Blinkvisa. The contents of this document have been obtained from sources Blinkvisa believes to be reliable. These contents have not been independently verified, and PRS makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or correctness. In some cases the Principal Act and/or Amendment Act may not be available. Principal Acts may or may not include subsequent amendments. For authoritative text, please contact the relevant state department concerned or refer to the latest government publication or the gazette notification. Any person using this material should take their own professional and legal advice before acting on any information contained in this document. Blinkvisa or any persons connected with it do not accept any liability arising from the use of this document. Blinkvisa or any persons connected with it shall not be in any way responsible for any loss, damage, or distress to any person on account of any action taken or not taken on the basis of this document.