The British Medical Act, Registered Practitioner, Doctor
An Act for the Registration of Medical Proctih’oners.
W~~EREA~ it is expedient to provide for the registration ofcertain
medical practitionersm ‘[Haryanq]. It is,herebyenactedas follows :-
I. (I) This Act may be called the Punjab Medical Registration
- Tbeprovisions of section 4 shall come into force on such
‘date as the ‘[State] Government may notify in this behalf The rest of
this Act shall come into force at once.
- In this Act unless there is something repugnant in the
subject or context –
(I) ‘;The British Medical Acts” means Statutes 21 and 22,
victoria, Chapter90 (The Medical kt),and any amending
the same ;
. . (2) “~ouncil”means the Medical Council established by this
means any person registered
(3) “Prescribed” means presgiidby deor bye-laws m-.
u@lerthis.~ct; :.. .- , ,
4: Notwithstanding’anythhgto the contrary in any
enactment, iule, bye-law or any other provision of law –
(1) no certificate requirgd by $ny Act in force, or that may
hereafter be passed, from aniedical practitioner or officer
- shall be did-uhlesssignedmbya registered practitioner ;
und&the provisi;qs, of-thisAct.
- Substituted for the word :’Punjab” by the HaymaAdaptation of Laws (Stalc
and Concnrrmt Subjects) Ordcr, 1968.
- The provisions of sec tion 4 came into force an the 1st January, I 918,-vide
Purgd Gazette(Home-Medicai)notificationNo. 1M93, datdthe 27th August,
- Substitutedfor the vidrd “Frovincial” bythe Adaprationof Laws Order 1950.
I919.(2) exceptwith the specialsanction ofthe ‘[State] Government
no one other than a registered practitioner shall be
competent to hold any appointment as physician, surgeon
of other medical officer in any hospital, asylum,-mfirmary,
dispensay or lying-in hospital not supported entirely by
voluntary con~butionsor as medical officer of health.
- (1) A Medical Council shall be established for 6[Haryana],
and shall cdnsist of ‘[seven] members including a president and a Constitution of
vice-president to be appointed in the followhg manner :-
(a) The president nominated by the ‘[State] Govmnt.
‘[(b) Three members nominated by the State Government.
(c) Threemembers electedby tbe regirtwedpractitionerswho
are Graduates in Medicine of any University in India.]
2 The vice-president-shall be elected from among the
members ofthe Council in the prescribed mannlr.
- Noperson shall be eligiile to be a mimber of the Council
unless he is a registered practitioner : Qualificationsof
Pr~,videdthat m the case of fist appointmentsddeunder this members-
Act theipersoa eleding the.members under clauie 4* * * [(c)] of
subsection (1) of section 5 :and-the members appointed shall be
persons who are qualified to be registered under clauses (a) and (b)
- The members . ,-.:.. of. ,&Council shall hold office for a tern
of three $ars and shall be eligible f& re-a&ointment. ,
(I) on sending his resignation in writing to the president or mabaship-
- ‘ . A. . rhemb&’ ofthe dqqncil~shall .. .- be deemedto hive vacated ofmmlbas.
(2) on his absence’without excuse sufficientin the opinion of
I. Subsdtuted for the word “Rovincial”bythe AdaptationoTLaws Ordcr, 1968.
- Substituted for theword “eleven” by l-Iaryana Adaptation of Laws (State and
Concmcnt Subjects) Order. 1968.
- Substituted fortbe.oldclausebyPunjabAct 120f 1926.seclion2 andfurher
snbstimtedby Haryma Act 17 of 1989.
- The brackets and lctter “‘(c)” omittdbythe Indian Independence (Adaplation
of Bcngal and PunjabActs) Order, 1948.
- Substituted by Haryana Act 17 of 1989.
- Substituted for the word “Punjab” by the HaryanaAdaptation of Laws (State
and Concurrent subjects) Order, 1968.MEDICAL KECflSTW1ON I1916 :Pb. ,Adfl
the Council from three consecutive meetings … of
the Council ;
(3) on his absence out of lndia for six cowecutive
4 onremoval of his nameftom the register ;
(5) on his becoming insane or being declared an
insolvent by any cordpetent court
(6) on expiry ofthe tenii’rnenti~n~din section 7:
DISCLAIMER: This document is being furnished to you for your information by Blinkvisa. The contents of this document have been obtained from sources Blinkvisa believes to be reliable. These contents have not been independently verified, and PRS makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or correctness. In some cases the Principal Act and/or Amendment Act may not be available. Principal Acts may or may not include subsequent amendments. For authoritative text, please contact the relevant state department concerned or refer to the latest government publication or the gazette notification. Any person using this material should take their own professional and legal advice before acting on any information contained in this document. Blinkvisa or any persons connected with it do not accept any liability arising from the use of this document. Blinkvisa or any persons connected with it shall not be in any way responsible for any loss, damage, or distress to any person on account of any action taken or not taken on the basis of this document.