Agricultural Land, Village Immovable Property, Urban Immovable Property,
Member of Agricultural Tribe
A 11 A?i to ammrd the Lawreluting to Pre-empiion ill ‘[Halyana.1
WHERE~S, if is expedient to amend the Law relating to pre-
emption in ‘[Haryana;]. It is hereby enacted as follows :-
- For statemitof objects and Reasons, seehrdab Go:etre, 1912, Part V,page
- For Statmenfof Objects and Reasons, see Punjab Gazette. 1928, Part V,pagc
- TI came into force on I st Dccemba; 1928,-vide funjab Governcat
notificationNo.5489, datcd 16th Novcmbcr, 1928.
- For Statement of Objects and Rcasuns, see Pu~rjobGaette, (Extrmrditla~~,
- For Statement ofObjects and Reasons, see Pu~rjohGazelle, (E~traordi~~cir);),
ditcd27th June, 1959?page 993.
- For Statement of Objats and Reasons, see Punjab Gazette, (E.~traordinav),
Tbe Punjab PIX–
tmption ACI, 1913
- For Slatcmcn~of Objem and Reasons, see Haryona G&elte, (Extraordinar)%
dald29h October, 1968.
- Snbs~itutcdfor iheword “Puruab” by the Haryma Adaptaton ofLaws Order,
- For Statemen1 of Objects and Reasons, see Hntynrw Golenlnzer~tGt~~etle,
(E~r~-uordina~j, dated thc 15-3-1995page 400.
Whether rcpcalled or olhcmi~
affcctod by legislation
Am~ndcdby Punjab Acl Zof 192s’
Amcndcd, C;~vcmmnlof Iadie
(Adaptationof ~ndi~nLaws) Ordcr, 1937.
Amended by,+jab Ac! 1 of 1944.
cLne~drdby Lhc Indian lndrpendence
(Adapbfon oVBm~nland Punjnb AcLr)
Ordcr, 1948 (GGO. 40)
.b~cn&dby Adxphtion oflaws O&r.
hcndrd by A&pralion 01′ Laws
(Third Amcndmmt) Order or 1951′ Extmdcd
Lo Ibt terribdcs wbicb. irnmcdiatcly hfn~
he Ist November, 1956, wnc comgriscd in
the Statc ofPa’atinls and =st Punjah Stah
IInion by hajab AclNo.23of 1957′
hmA&d by Puajab Ack 10 of 1960′
Amcndcd by Punjab Act 13 of 1964′
Halyana Adaphlton orLaws (Smfc and
Concumnt Suhjccts) Drllrr, 1968′
Amended by Ifwyaaa Act 10 of 1995’PRE-EMPTION
11913 :Pb. Act 1
Short title and
- (1) This Act may be called the Punjab Pre-emption
local extent. Act, 1913.
Repeal ofcertliin 2. (1) The Punjab Pre-emption.Act, 1905, is hereby
(2) Nothing in this Act shall affect the provisions of
Order 21, rule 88, of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908, or
sections 53 and 54 of the Punjab TenancyAct, 1887.
(3) Notwithstandinganything to the contrary insection 887
4 of the Punjab General ClausesAct, 1898, the Courts shall in
dsuits, appealsand proceedingspending at the commencment
of this Act give effect, so far as may be, to the procedure
prescribed by this Act.
Definitions. 3. Tn this Act, unless a different intention appears
born the subject or context,-
(1) ‘agricultural land’ shall mean land as dehed in
the ZPunjabAlienation of Land Act, 1900, (as
amended by Act I of 1907), bit shall not include 1400.
the right of a moflgagee, ~hethtx~usufructuaryor
not, in such land.; , .. ; :. ,, .. ,
irmnovable property within the limits of a village,
other than agriculturd land . , ;
(3) ‘urban immovable property’ shall mean
immovable property within the limits of a town,
othe~than agricultural land. For the purposes of
this Act aspecifiedplace shall be deemed to be a
town (a) if so declaredby the 3[State]Government
by notification in the Official Gazette, or (b) if so .
(2) ‘village immovable
found by the Courts ;
- Substitutd for theword “Punjab” by Haryaia MaptationofLaws Order, 1968.
- Rcpcalcdby thc Adaptation of L~w(Third s Amendment) Order, 195 1.
- Subsutured for thc word “~rovincial”bythe ~da~talionof~awsorder, 1950..,, 1913 ,.. . :Pb.Act I]
(4) ‘member of an agricultural tribe’ ‘and group of
agricultural tribes’ shall have the meanings
assigned to them, respectively, under the ‘Punjab
Alienation of Land Act, 1900.
(5) Sale shall not include –
ofan order ofa Civil, ~rirknalor Revenue
Court or ofa Revenue officer ;
(b) thecreationofan occupancy tenancy bya
landlord, whether for consideration 6r
(6) any expression which is defined by section 3 of
the Punjab Land Revenue Act, 1887, shall, subject
to the provisions of this Act, have the meaning
assigned to it in the said section.
DISCLAIMER: This document is being furnished to you for your information by Blinkvisa. The contents of this document have been obtained from sources Blinkvisa believes to be reliable. These contents have not been independently verified, and PRS makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or correctness. In some cases the Principal Act and/or Amendment Act may not be available. Principal Acts may or may not include subsequent amendments. For authoritative text, please contact the relevant state department concerned or refer to the latest government publication or the gazette notification. Any person using this material should take their own professional and legal advice before acting on any information contained in this document. Blinkvisa or any persons connected with it do not accept any liability arising from the use of this document. Blinkvisa or any persons connected with it shall not be in any way responsible for any loss, damage, or distress to any person on account of any action taken or not taken on the basis of this document.