Land, Rent, Arrear, Tenant, Landlord, Tenancy, Estate, Land Revenue, Rate
of Cesses, Village Cess, Jagirdar, Agricultural, Improvement
- Title, extent and commencement.
RTGHT OF OCCUPANCY.
- Tenants having right ofoccupancy.
6 Right of occupancy ofother tenants recorded as having
the right before passing ofPunjab TenancyAct, 1868.
- Right of occupancy in land taken in exchange.
- Establishment ofright ofoccupancyongrounds otherthan
those expressly stated inAct.
- Right of occupancy not to be acquired by mere lapse of
- Right of occupancy not to be acquired by joint owner in
land held injoint ownership.
- Continuance ofexisting occupancyrights.
- Commutation and alterationof rent.
- Payments for land occupiedwithout consent of landlord.
- Collection of rents of undivided prope~ty.
- Presumptio~lwith respect to produce removed before
division or appraisement
- Appointment of referee for division or appraisementTENANCY
11887: Act 16
- Appointment of assessors and procedure of referee.
- Procedure after division or appraisemerit.
- Enhancement of pro duce-rents of occupancy tenants.
2 1 Reductionofrents referred to in the last foregoingsections.
Cusli rentspaid by Tenul~ts/knvil~gRight of Occttpntlcy.
- Enhancement of cash rents of occupancy tenants.
- Reductionofrents referred to in thelast foregoingsection.
Getlercll Provisiows rehti~tgto Suitsfor Etrhmlcentwt or
- Enhancement and reduction of rent by suit.
- Discretion as to extent ofenhancement or reduction.
- Time for enhancement or reduction to take effect.
A&tstment of Re?~isexpresseri ill terns of the Lnnd revenue.
- Adjustment ofrents expressedin term ofthe land revenue.
Alter~tio~i of Rent onAlteratio?~of Arm.
- Alteration of rent on alterationofarea.
- Remission ofrent by Courts decreeing arrears.
- Remission and suspension of rent consequent on like
treatment of land-revenue.
- Power to depositrent incertain caseswith revenue officer.
- Effectofdepositintg rent.
re cove^of rentfrom attached produce.
- Recovery of rent From attached produce.
teasesfar period exceeding tern of Assessnr en#
of Laud re*eIrue.
ofassessment ofland revenue.
- Relinquishment by tenant for a fixed term
- Relinquishment by any other tenant.
- Relinquishment of part only of a tenancy.1887 :Act 161
- Abandonment of tenancy by occupancy-tenant.
- Grounds of ejectment of occupancy-tenant.
- Grounds of ejectment of tenant for a fixed tern
- Ejectment oftmantfiomyeartoyear.
- Application to Revenue-officer for ejectment.
- Ejectment for FaiIure to satisfy decree for mear of rent.
- Ejectmentoftenant fromyear toyear-bynotice.
- Power to make rules.
- Time for ejectment.
- Relief against forfeiture.
- Rights of ejected tenants in respect of crops and land
prepared far sowing.
&I-IFJ; FOR WRONGFULDISPOSSESSION.
- Relief for wronghl dispossession or ejectment.
50-A. Bar to civil suits.
- Barofreliefbysuitundersection9ActIof 1877.
Power to vnryprescribed by this Clraptez
- Power for State Government to fix dates for certain
DISCLAIMER: This document is being furnished to you for your information by Blinkvisa. The contents of this document have been obtained from sources Blinkvisa believes to be reliable. These contents have not been independently verified, and PRS makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or correctness. In some cases the Principal Act and/or Amendment Act may not be available. Principal Acts may or may not include subsequent amendments. For authoritative text, please contact the relevant state department concerned or refer to the latest government publication or the gazette notification. Any person using this material should take their own professional and legal advice before acting on any information contained in this document. Blinkvisa or any persons connected with it do not accept any liability arising from the use of this document. Blinkvisa or any persons connected with it shall not be in any way responsible for any loss, damage, or distress to any person on account of any action taken or not taken on the basis of this document.