Agricultural Marketing Society, Consumers Society, Credit Society, Co-
Operative Bank, Co-Operative Land Development Bank, Dividend, Financing
Bank, Farming Society, Federal Society, Firm, General Society
I. Short title, extent and commencement.
- Societies which may be registered.
- Registration with limited or unlimited liability.
- Conditions of registration.
- Power to exempt societies from conditions as to registration.
- Application for registration.
- Evidence of registration.
- Power of Registrar to decide certain questions.
- CIassification of societies.
- Amendment of bye-laws of society.
- Power to direct amendment of bye-laws.15. Change of name.
- Change of liability.
- Amalgamation, transfer, division or conversion of Societies.
- Power to direct amalgamation, division and reorganisationin public
- Reconstruction of societies.
- Partnershipof societies.
- Cancellation of registration.
Members and their rightsand liabilities
- Persons who may become member.
- Open membership.
- Nominal and sympathiser member.
- Cessarion of membership.
- No rights of membership to be exercised till due payments are made.
- Voting powers of members.
- Restrictions on holding of sl~ares.
- Restrictions on transfer or charge on share or interest.
- Transfer of interest on death of member.
- Rights of members to see books etc.
- Liability of past member and estate of deceased member.
- Insolvency of members.
- Expulsion of members.
- Disqualification for membership.
- Liability of members.
Incorporation,duties and privileges of societies
- Societies to be bodies corporate.
- Address of societies.
- Register of members.
- Exemprion from compulsory registration of insrruments relaling to
shares and debentures of society.
- Power to exempt from taxation.
- Restrictions on borrowings.
- Regulation of loan making policy.
- Restrictions on other transactions with non-members.
- Charge and set-off in respect of share or interest of member.Sections
- Prior claitn of society.
- Charge on immovable properv of members borrowing from cer-
5 1. Deduction from salary to meet society’sclaim in certain case.
Governmentaid to Societies
- Partnership of Governmenr in societies.
- Liability to be limited in respect of shares purchased by government.
- Other forms of Government aid to societies.
- Provisions of this chapter to override other laws.
Property and funds of Societies
- Funds not to be divided among members.
- Appi-opriationof Profits.
- Reserve fund.
- Restrictions on dividend.
- Contribution ro educational fund of the federal society notified the
6 Contriburion topublicpurposes.
- Investment of funds.
G3. Employees’ provident fund,
DISCLAIMER: This document is being furnished to you for your information by Blinkvisa. The contents of this document have been obtained from sources Blinkvisa believes to be reliable. These contents have not been independently verified, and PRS makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or correctness. In some cases the Principal Act and/or Amendment Act may not be available. Principal Acts may or may not include subsequent amendments. For authoritative text, please contact the relevant state department concerned or refer to the latest government publication or the gazette notification. Any person using this material should take their own professional and legal advice before acting on any information contained in this document. Blinkvisa or any persons connected with it do not accept any liability arising from the use of this document. Blinkvisa or any persons connected with it shall not be in any way responsible for any loss, damage, or distress to any person on account of any action taken or not taken on the basis of this document.