Popular for its beauty, culture and history, Turkey has been attracting thousands of tourists across the world. In 2018, over 46 million visitors landed in Turkey, making it among the most visited nations on the planet. Reason? Because Turkey tourist visa is simple and hassle-free, which are perfect for travellers to apply and tick their bucket list. Citizens of certain nations are qualified to visit Turkey without a visa while a few nations do have the choices of applying e-visa. Look at the different Turkey visa necessities and strategies on this Turkey Tourist visa checklist.
Opt for Blinkvisa and get your Turkey tourist visa faster! The online application gives you the benefit of applying to the comfort of your home. Not to forget, you also get 100% cashback on your visa fees.
An Overview of Turkey Tourist Visa
Citizens who wish to visit Istanbul for purposes of exploring the country for visiting their friends/relatives must apply for a Turkey tourist visa. The tourist visa can be an eVisa or sticker visa depending upon your nationality.
Residents of 100 nations are qualified to get an Electronic Visa. If your country does not require an eVisa, then you are either exempted from Turkey visa or you must visit the nearest Turkey Consulate General for your visa application.
1. Online Visa or eVisa
Apply online and receive the visa faster as a PDF document which one can carry during their travel. They are further divided into:
- Conditional eVisa
- Regular visa
Read more: eVisa Turkey
2. Sticker Visa
Apply by directly going to the Embassy and get the visa Stamped or stuck to one’s passport. One must mandatorily submit their passport for getting the visa.
Please Note: Since Turkish visa policies have often included and excluded it is considered better if you check on with the latest Turkey visa guide to know your eligibility.
Can Indians apply for a Turkey tourist visa?
Yes, India is among the list countries, which are eligible for Turkey tourist visa or eVisa Turkey. India comes under Conditional eVisa category which is applicable to 64 countries specifically. This means applicants can get their Turkey eVisa (online) provided they fulfil certain conditions such as:
- Possession of a valid visa or else residence permits from one of the following countries – Schengen countries, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
- All applicants must travel only with these airlines – AtlasGlobal, Onur Air, Pegasus Airlines, EgyptAir and Turkish Airlines. Egyptian citizens can also use Egypt Air. (This is not applicable for India, Pakistan, Philippines, Afghanistan and Bangladesh tourists)
- Along with the submission of hotel reservation, stay details and flight tickets, tourists must also have sufficient funds of at least 50 USD per day for their entire stay period.
Read more: Turkey Visa For Indians
Reasons to avail Turkey eVisa/Tourist visa?
When you apply for a tourist visa, you must understand the purpose of your trip to Turkey. A person can apply for a tourist visa for the following reasons:
- Tourism- Desire to visit Istanbul and explore more as part of vacation and sightseeing.
- Visit Friend/relatives – If you wish to stay and enjoy some Turkish delights with your friends and family staying in Turkey.
- Festival or Exhibition – To attend any film or literary festival or participate in any exhibition.
- Sports Expo – If you wish to take part in any sports-related activities as a sportsperson or a fan.
- Official purpose – For heading to Turkey as a part of an official appointment, on behalf of your government or public institution.
- If you plan to visit the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
Read more: Apply For Turkish Visa
Key Features of Turkey Tourist Visa
The Turkey eVisa is a single entry visa which enables the tourist to stay continuously for 30 days. The validity of the visa is six months.
When should you apply?
The ideal time to apply for a Turkey travel visa or Turkey tourist visa is at least three months before your departure. However, for impromptu plans, you can even apply a month before your flight tickets. Blinkvisa gives you the Turkey eVisa within just 5 working days.
Requirements For Turkey Tourist Visa
When Applying with us, your requirement list is as easy as it gets:
- Scanned colour copy of first and last page of your Passport.
- Scanned colour copy of your passport size photograph (3.5*5.5)
- Flight tickets if already booked.
- Hotel reservations if any.
- Valid Visa or Residence permit of UK / USA / Schengen Country / Ireland
Read more: Turkey Visa Requirements
Turkey Tourist Visa Fees
The fee for Turkey tourist visa is INR 4789 which includes Blinkvisa charges and GST. We do not ask any additional charges during the visa processing. After you initially pay INR 500, you will get the entire fee as cashback to your account. You have to pay the remaining only after the visa is approved!
Also, you can convert the Blinkcash (cashback) to travel expenses. Here is the Tourist visa break-up:
Read more: Turkey Visa Fee
Where to utilise the Blinkcash?
You can use the Blinkcash that gets credited to your account for bookings on flights, hotels and other tour activities. We also give you exciting discounts worth 11%!
Check out our deals for flights and hotels:
Did You Know?
We have processed over 5,500 Turkey Tourist visa & our customers saved over 44,000+ hours of processing time. Over INR 5.5 million cashback has been credited to our customer’s Blink wallet.
How To Apply For Turkey eVisa?
- Visit Blinkvisa and click on “Apply for Visa” button
- Provide us with your basic information such as name, email & travel date.
- Complete the initial payment of just INR 500 & get a full cashback of INR 4789 into your wallet.
- Use your BlinkWallet to purchase your flight, hotel, activities and other travel bookings
- Once your visa is approved, We will intimate you via SMS and Email.
- Complete any pending due payment & download your Turkey visa by logging into your portal.
Turkey Tourist Visa FAQs
1. Do Indians have Turkey Visa on Arrival?
Indians cannot avail the visa on arrival to Turkey because the Embassy no more provides arrival visas since 2018. Indian tourists have to apply for an eVisa before their travel to enter Turkey.
Read more: Turkey Visa On Arrival
2. In case, my Turkey visa application is rejected, will my application fees be refunded?
The visa application fees would not be refunded if the visa application is rejected.
Read more: Turkish Visa Application
3. What is the processing time for Turkey Visa Online?
The processing time is within three to five days for Turkey Visa Online.
Read more: Turkish Visa Online
4. What is a Turkey transit visa?
A transit visa to Turkey is applied when you wish to have a layover in Turkey during your travel to another country. One must stay in Turkey for more than 24 hours to get the visa.
Read more: Turkey Transit Visa