A Turkey Transit Visa is a license to go through Turkey during your journey to another country. This is common because not everyone would get a direct flight to their destination. The grant is mandatory for all applicants under the Turkey visa system, who desire to:
- Stay for more than 24 hours in Turkey for a connection
- Leaving the airport
- Pass through the immigration counters
[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #ffffff”]Apply For Turkey Visa[/su_button]
Blinkvisa gives you Turkey visa faster with a guaranteed cashback offer. Whatever you spend on visa fees will be credited as cashback which can be used for travel expenses.
Do I Need a Turkey Transit Visa?
The requirement of a transit visa depends on your duration of stay in Turkey. If you are catching a connecting flight and you might have to stay for more than a day or two, you must avail a Turkey transit visa.
Citizens of over 100 countries can get their transit visa and most of them are eligible through the eVisa system. However, individuals who have a Turkey tourist visa or visa for other purposes, need not necessarily avail transit visa. You can avail for a Turkey visa online or a sticker visa to visit the country.
Regardless of whether your nationality is eligible you definitely need one of the visas recorded above to travel to Turkey. In any case, you do not require a transit visa, then your nationality is one among the visa-free category.
Check out our article on Turkey Visa Guide to learn about your eligibility and exemption.
Types of Turkish Transit Visa
- Transit E-Visa – The process for this visa is quick, cheaper and easy. India is one among the countries that can apply for an eVisa Turkey. And so, transit visa can also be applied by Indian citizens via online. Or if you already have a Turkey tourist visa, then you are eligible for transit too and there is no necessity to avail a separate transit visa. Only Indians with a valid US, UK, Schengen and Ireland visa can apply for a transit eVisa.
- Transit Sticker visa. To get a transit sticker visa you are required to do offline processing like documents submission, visa interviews and a particular visa fee. The sticker visa for your transit can be:
- Single Transit
- Double Transit
Factors to consider when applying for a layover visa:
1. Travel Itinerary:
Your inward and onward flight tickets. Before you apply, you must know how many hours you will have a layover and when you are your next connecting flight from Turkey airports.
Worried about getting a perfect travel plan? Blinkvisa gives you custom made travel itinerary exclusively to suit your needs and requirements!
[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/blog/custom-travel-itinerary/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #fffffff”]Get a Free Turkey Travel Plan[/su_button]
2. Time to apply:
You must make sure you apply for the visa at least a month before your departure because the earlier the better! You can avoid any possible unexpected mishaps that would create a delay in your visa.
Read more: Apply for Turkish Visa
Please Note: Apply for your Turkey eVisa with Blinkvisa and get even the luxury to transit freely! You get the visa in just three days and also you get 100% cashback on the fees.
[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/visa/turkey-tourist-visa” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #ffffff”]Apply For Turkey Visa[/su_button]
Requirements for Turkey Transit Visa:
The requirements of Turkey transit visa is the same as the tourist visa except that you have to apply for the right visa when you are filing the application.
The required documents for a Turkish transit visa application are:
- Passport: This is mandatory when it comes to applying for a transit visa. Also, the passport must be valid for another six months till the date you arrive in Turkey
- Photographs: 3.5in * 5.5in specification
- Proof of income or savings: A valid proof has to be submitted stating that you can fund for your stay/transit in Turkey to reach your destination country. Also, possessing at least 50 dollars per day to spend is compulsory.
- Travel Insurance copy: A travel/medical insurance is essential because you can always ask for compensation or cover whenever you have any baggage transit loss or health emergency. You can get a travel insurance HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance for as low as INR 300.
- Flight tickets: Your flight tickets from Turkey to the final destination is very important because that ascertains when and how much time you have or whether you require a transit visa.
- Visa to the final destination: You must show a valid document/visa to the country you are travelling to from Turkey.
- Accommodation proof: Any kind of proof like hotel proof or an invitation letter from the host in Turkey.
- Police Clearance Certificate: A duly signed document from the Police Department that you have not been involved in any cases in recent years.
Want to know about tourist visa requirements, check out: Turkey Visa Requirements
How to Apply for Turkish eVisa for Your Transit:
We have a Simplified process for Turkey Tourist visa:
- Visit www.blinkvisa.com and click on “Apply for Visa” button the right.
- Provide us with your basic information such as name, email & travel date.
- Complete the initial payment of just INR 500 & get a full cashback of INR 4789 into your wallet.
- Use your BlinkWallet to purchase your flight, hotel, activities and other travel-related stuff.
- Once your visa is approved, We will intimate you via SMS and Email.
- Complete any pending due payment & download your Turkey visa by logging into your portal.
Turkey Transit Visa FAQs
1. Do Indians have Turkey Visa On Arrival?
The Turkey Visa On Arrival for Indians has been abolished by the Turkish Mission in 2018. Hence, Indians have to apply for a visa in advance to travel.
Read More: Turkey Visa On Arrival
2. What are the Turkey eVisa fees?
The Turkey eVisa fees are INR 4789. The fees include agency charges and GST.
Read more: Turkey Visa Fees
3. Can I know if my Turkish visa application is rejected?
Yes, you will get a letter stating the reasons for your visa rejection.
Read more: Turkish Visa Application