Local Authority, Funds, Work, Loans
THE KERALA LOCAL AUTHORITIES LOANS ACT, 19631
ACT 30 OF 1963
An Act to unify and amend the laws relating to the borrowing powers of local authorities
in the State of Kerala
Preamble.-WHEREAS it is expedient to unify and amend the laws relating to the
borrowing powers of local authorities in the State of Kerala ;
BE it enacted in the Fourteenth Year of the Republic of India as follows:-
- Short title, extent and commencement.-(1) This Act may be called the Kerala
Local Authorities Loans Act, 1963.
(2) It extends to the whole of the State of Kerala.
(3) It shall come into force on such date as the Government may, by notification in
the Gazette, appoint.2
- Definitions.–In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,-
(1) 3[“(i) “local authority” means any person legally entitled to the control or
management of any local fund or legally entitled to impose any cess, rate,
duty, fee or tax and includes the Panchayat or the Council of the
Muncipality, as the case may be, and also includes the Secretary of such local authority if he has been specifically authorised by the local authority
for discharging the duties and functions under this Act.
Explanation.-A person means and includes any authority or body
(2) “funds” used with reference to any local authority includes any local,
panchayat or municipal fund to the control or management of which such
authority is legally entitled, and any cess, rate, duty or tax which such
authority is legally entitled to impose and any property vested in such
(3) “prescribed” means prescribed by rules made under this Act; and
(4) “work” includes a survey whether incidental to any other work or not.
- Borrowing powers of local authorities.-(1) A local authority may, subject to the
prescribed conditions, borrow money from the Government or with the previous
sanction of the Government from any other person, on the security of its funds or
any portion thereof, for any of the following purposes, namely:-.
DISCLAIMER: This document is being furnished to you for your information by Blinkvisa. The contents of this document have been obtained from sources Blinkvisa believes to be reliable. These contents have not been independently verified, and PRS makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or correctness. In some cases the Principal Act and/or Amendment Act may not be available. Principal Acts may or may not include subsequent amendments. For authoritative text, please contact the relevant state department concerned or refer to the latest government publication or the gazette notification. Any person using this material should take their own professional and legal advice before acting on any information contained in this document. Blinkvisa or any persons connected with it do not accept any liability arising from the use of this document. Blinkvisa or any persons connected with it shall not be in any way responsible for any loss, damage, or distress to any person on account of any action taken or not taken on the basis of this document.