Drainage, Local Authority, Water Supply
- Short title and commctlcement.
- Creation and incorporation of the Board.
- Constitution of the Board.
- Appointment of the Cliai~il~du,the Managing Director and
Directors to be notified.
- Term of office and conditions of service of’ the Chairman, the
Managing Director and the non-official Directors.
- Disqualifications for a.ppointment as Director of the Board.
, 8. Removal of the Chairman and other non-ctfficial Directors.
O~CERSAND MEMBERSOF THE STAF~~ OF THE BOARD.
- Appointment of Secretary, Chief En$neer, Accounts OfGw
and other officers and servants of the Board,
- Maintaining schedule of establishment.
- Control by the Managing Direc~or.
11-A. Common service cadre for employees of Board and the Madras
.Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board. –
CONDUCTAND BUSINESSOF THE BOARD.
- Meetings of the Board.
D.~&npbrar~association of persons with Board for partic&
kt!:I,’.:766 Water. Supply mtd Drainage [I971 :TJY. Act 4 i
- Appointment snd functions of Committtees.
- Acts of Board not to be invalidated by ioformality, vacancy, etc
- Functions of tne Board,
- General powers ofthe ]Board.
IwE~TIGATION, PREPARAT~ONAND EXBCUTXONOF SCHEMES
BY TWE BOARD.
- Cost of investigation of schemes.
- Preparation of draft schemes by the Board.
- Approval of the scheme by the Government.
- Publication of approval of the draft scheme in the Tamil Na
- Execution VPapproved scheme by the Board.
- Recovery of the cost of the scheme.
- Power of Government to direct the Bosrd to prepam an
execute any scheme.
- Power of the Board to ayee or refuse to prepare and execute t
- Local-authorityto provide adequate facilities to the md.
- Power of the local authority to undertake schemes.
27-A. Exclusion of schemes for MadTas Metropolitan Area.
,. – ., TRANSFBR OF ASSBISAND LIABILITIESOF THE PUBLICHwm
ENGINEERINOAND MUNICIPALWORKSDBPARTMENT TO
- Transfer ofassets snd liabilities of tha Public Health E
and Municipal Works Departpt to the &ard
- Transfer ofproperty to the Board.
- Transfer of offiamand staff of Public Health En
. Municipal Works Department to tba Board.
- Transfer of any0themployeesof Gomnmntto the
ri;: ., . a-,
- Transfer ofProvident Fund to the Board.
DISCLAIMER: This document is being furnished to you for your information by Blinkvisa. The contents of this document have been obtained from sources Blinkvisa believes to be reliable. These contents have not been independently verified, and PRS makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or correctness. In some cases the Principal Act and/or Amendment Act may not be available. Principal Acts may or may not include subsequent amendments. For authoritative text, please contact the relevant state department concerned or refer to the latest government publication or the gazette notification. Any person using this material should take their own professional and legal advice before acting on any information contained in this document. Blinkvisa or any persons connected with it do not accept any liability arising from the use of this document. Blinkvisa or any persons connected with it shall not be in any way responsible for any loss, damage, or distress to any person on account of any action taken or not taken on the basis of this document.