Eyeing Canada as your next holiday travel destination? Then you must clear the first obstacle in your travel planning: getting your Canada visa well in advance of your trip to Canada. For the same reason, you must be well-versed in Canada visa procedures, including whether you need one to travel to Canada, what documentation is required, and how to apply for the visa. If you apply from Dubai, several factors will determine whether you require a valid Canada visa before travelling or can travel with visa-exemption benefits. All of this depends on your nationality, even if you are living in Dubai. Let’s clarify some more doubts with this short guide on how to apply for a Canada visitor visa from Dubai.
Who Can Apply For a Canada Visa?
Anyone can apply for a Canada visa if the person:
- has a valid passport
- is in good health
- has a visit to Canada planned for a temporary stay
- has sufficient funds to support the stay in Canada
Citizens of the UAE, known as Emiratis, can visit Canada with an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) and stay in the country for up to six months. The eTA is a simple, efficient, and hassle-free way to apply for a visit visa to Canada. The status of your eTA is notified within a few minutes after you apply for it online.
If you are a UAE resident but a national of another country, you must know the eligibility criteria to apply for an electronic travel authorization (eTA). Whether you need a visa or not depends on a number of factors, including whether you have dual citizenship, what kind of travel document you have, and whether you have a valid US Green Card or non-immigrant visa.
Who Requires a Pre-Approved Canada Visitor Visa?
A Canada visitor visa is also known as a Temporary Resident Visa, which has to be obtained before arrival in Canada. Dual citizens with Canadian citizenship, US Citizens, and lawful permanent residents of the US do not require this pre-approved visa. Some citizens are eligible for eTA. Others who are not eligible for both of these options must get a pre-approved Canada visa before they arrive in Canada. The following countries’ citizens must apply for a Canada visitor visa before they arrive in Canada.
|Afghanistan||Angola||Albania||Argentina||Armenia||Antigua and Barbuda|
|North Macedonia||Oman||Pakistan||Maldives||Mongolia||Marshall Islands|
|Botswana||Burkina Faso||Cambodia||Djibouti||Kiribati||Ivory Coast|
|Dominican Republic||Ecuador||Egypt||El Salvador||Gambia||Eritrea|
|Dominica||Palau||Paraguay||Laos||Republic of Cape Verde||Lesotho|
|Liberia||Libya||Macao Special Administrative Region||Madagascar||Democratic Republic of Congo||Central African Republic|
|Chad||China||Colombia||Comoros||Sao Tomé e Principe||Republic of Congo|
|Peru||Qatar||Russia||Rwanda||South Africa||Saudi Arabia|
|Senegal||Serbia||Sierra Leone||Somalia||Tajikistan||South Sudan|
Certain citizens of Costa Rica, Brazil, Morocco, Uruguay, Trinidad and Tobago, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, the Seychelles, the Philippines, Panama, and Thailand can be eligible for eTA if they meet some additional requirements. Israel citizens must have a valid Israeli ‘Travel Document in lieu of National Passport.’
How to Apply For a Canada Visa from Dubai
The process of applying for a Canada visa from Dubai is quite straightforward; it remains the same not just for visitor visas but for work, business, and study visas. The visa application has to be submitted online, and if you are applying for the first time, you will also have to provide your biometric data. Here’s how to apply for a Canadian visa:
- Keep your documents in order.
The first thing to do is collect all the documents needed to support your Canada travel and keep them in order. You will need:
- A valid passport with six months of validity remaining after your arrival in Canada. Photocopies of the passport’s first and last pages. The passport should have at least two blank pages available for visa stamping.
- Two color photographs recently clicked of size 35 mm x 45 mm specifications according to Canada visa photo guidelines.
- Family Information form duly completed, dated, and signed
- Bank statements as proof of financial status
- Photocopy of the residence ID as proof of residence in the UAE
- Travel details such as travel purpose, itinerary, hotel, and flight tickets
- Travel Insurance
- Any additional documents, as advised, such as birth certificates, sponsor forms, medical information, etc.
- Next, register on the IRCC portal and start filling out the form. Make sure you answer all the questions. Whatever questions don’t apply to you, simply mark them as NA (not applicable). Upload the documents that support your visa. Each document’s file size shouldn’t exceed 2 MB.
- From the day you start filling out your application, you must complete and submit it before 60. After 60 days, the application will be deleted, and you must start afresh with a new application.
- Double-check your application and submit it. Pay the biometric and visa fees. With this, your online visa application process is complete.
- After completing these steps, you will receive a notification within 14 to 30 days of submitting your application. You will be notified to provide your biometric data at the nearest visa application center. Biometric information is requested on a case-by-case basis. For first-time visa applicants, it is mandatory. If you have already provided it earlier, the biometric information must be verified and provided once more after 10 years. If you do not have to provide biometric data, then you do not have to pay the biometric fees. Once all of your documents have been verified, you will get a notification in your email to courier your passport for the final visa stamping.
Once you get your visa, you are all set to embark on your long-awaited Canada trip! Remember, while applying ensure all the information you are providing is correct, clear, and complete. Follow the instructions precisely, upload all the correct documents, and follow the guidelines for photographs, and you will be able to get your visa without difficulty. However, if you find all of these steps tedious or overwhelming, don’t worry! Get in touch with a Canada visa expert and avail of their service to process your visa easily and offer follow-up and expert guidance.