Malaysia, truly Asia! This is not just an endorsement but really captures what Malaysia is all about. A mix of culture, tradition & contemporary cities. Indians form a big percentage of the tourists who flock Malaysia annually and the Malay government has made it easier for Indians to get Malaysia visa online.
But Malaysia visa for Indians is not free though. It can cost you up to INR 3780 per visa! In this article, we will let you know all about Malaysia visa and also, how you can get your Malaysia visa at no extra cost for your trip.
In Summary, this article explains:
Malaysia Tourist visa & it’s types
There are 3 main types of Malaysia tourist visa, namely
- Malaysia eNTRI visa
- 30 days Single entry visa
- 30 days Multiple entry visa
The main difference between them would be cost, single/multiple entry, duration of stay. And, apart from these, there is a 1-year multiple entry Malaysia visa, which is valid for a year.
Apply for Malaysia eNTRI Visa if:
- Your entry/exit is directly from/to India (No layover in any other country)
- Staying for less than 15 days
- Only visiting Malaysia on this trip and no other country.
If any of the above conditions do not apply to you, then you need to apply for either Single/Multiple entry visas
What is the cost of Malaysia eNTRI visa for Indians?
The eNTRI visa fee at Blinkvisa is INR 1980.
This is the total fee that you have to pay for getting your eNTRI visa through Blinkvisa. The fee includes the package fee, the services charges, and the tax. Here is the break up of the Malaysia visa fees in Indian rupees.
Package fee- 1744
Blinkvisa fee- 200
How to Get 100% Off on Your Malaysia Visa with us?
At Blinkvisa, a travel startup, we aim to put an end to visa costs by converting all your visa expenses into travel expenses.
Want us to Plan your Malaysia Trip for Free?
Get day-wise Malaysia trip within your budget & save upto 25% of the trip cost because of our bulk deals with the suppliers . All cancellable and fully refundable unlike travel packages
|[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/blog/custom-travel-itinerary/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #fffffff”]Click to Get Malaysia Travel Plan[/su_button]||[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/custom-travel-plan/” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #ffffff”]Malaysia Sample Itinerary[/su_button]|
Requirements for Malaysia Tourist Visa
Malaysia visa requirements are quite simple. But if you get it wrong for instance, in the photo specifications not as per the standards or mismatch in the data, your visa will be rejected and what’s more? You can apply for one type of Malaysia tourist visa only once in 90 days, You will not be able to reapply for Malaysia eNTRI visa again.
So please keep this in mind, we suggest you take help of qualified visa services such as ourselves to get your Malaysia e visa . And what’s more? You can get 100% cashback on your visa expenses by converting your visa expenses into travel expenses.
In summary, the documents needed for the Malaysia tourist visa are :
- Scan copy of passport first and last pages
- Copy of any old passports, especially if you have any previous visas issued from Malaysia or any other countries
- The visa application duly filled and signed
- Photograph as per Malaysia visa photo specifications
- Confirmed return tickets (mandatory for eNTRI visa)
- Hotel reservation or proof of accommodation
- Additionally, one may also need to submit a cover letter when applying for a multiple entry visa.
Sample Malaysia visa document requirements
All your documents must more or less look similar to the below image. Please scan them properly and send them to us to expedite your visa process.
- Malaysian visa requirements say that the Malaysia visa photo size must be 35 mm x 50 mm.
- The photo must not have any borders or frames around it.
- It must be taken against a white background.
- The photo must have 80% face coverage.
- Headgears must not cover the face.
- The spectacles, if any, must not have glare or block the eyes from being visible.
- The photo must be fairly recent and not older than 6 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. For a Malaysia visa online processing, how many applications can I submit from one account?
An applicant can submit only one application for an eNTRI visa whereas the single-entry and multiple-entry types allow up to 5 applications per account.
2. Who is eligible to register for eNTRI for tourism?
eNTRI for Tourist registration is open to all Indian passport holders who are residing in India or outside India (expatriates). Expatriates residing in Singapore, Thailand, and Israel cannot apply for the same.
3. How many eNTRI applications can I apply from one account?
Only one eNTRI application is permitted from per account.
4. How many Malaysia evisa applications can I submit through one account?
For one account, an applicant is permitted to submit up to five (5) individual eVisa applications per time.
5. Can I apply for a Malaysia eNTRI visa when I am on a tour in another country?
No, you can apply for a Malaysia eNTRI visa only when you are residing in your country of origin. But, expatriates can apply for the same from their country of residence if they can submit the proof of Resident Permit.
6. Can I apply for my eVisa while living in Malaysia?
No. To apply for a Malaysia eVisa one must be staying out of the country. Applying for the same while residing in Malaysia is not allowed.
7. Do I need to submit any physical documents when applying for my visa?
No, physical documents are not required for the visa unless requested by the Malaysian Officials.
8. What document do I have to provide for accommodation if I am staying at a friend or relative’s place?
In such cases, you need to submit a cover letter addressing the Immigration Officer regarding the same. You must also include the name, address and other details of the friend or relative with whom you will be staying.
9. Is a cover letter mandatory for eNTRI/eVISA application? What is the format of the cover letter?
No, a cover letter is not mandatory for a Malaysia visa. Sometimes, it is required for a multiple-entry visa.
There is no specific format for the cover letter. You just need to mention the basic details and travel plans. The letter should be addressing the Immigration Officer.
10. Should I submit my long-term pass from outside India when registering for eNTRI?
Yes. All applicants residing outside India (excluding Singapore) must submit a copy of their long-term pass as proof of residence.
11. Should I declare my work information while registering for eNTRI as an expatriate?
Yes. Expatriates must declare their work information while applying for eNTRI.
12. Do I need to specify my expatriate category while registering for the eNTRI?
Yes. One must specify their expatriate category for eNTRI and eVisa.
13. How long before my travel date should I apply for eNTRI? Can I apply for eNTRI 24 hours before my departure?
No, you cannot apply for an eNTRI 24 hours before the departure time. You must apply at least 48 hours before your departure time.
The ideal time to apply would be at least one week before the departure date which would give you some buffer time.
14. Is a cover letter mandatory for the Malaysia visa application?
No, a cover letter is not mandatory. But it may be necessary under certain circumstances such as,
- While applying for a multiple-entry visa
- When you are staying with a friend or relative. In such cases, the cover letter should have this information.
15. Can I amend any wrong information in my visa application?
No, once you have made the payment, neither any change or cancellation is allowed. You can change the information in the application ONLY before making the payment.
16. Should I re-apply for a new visa if my departure date changes but the new date is within the validity period?
No. You do not need to re-apply for a new visa if the new travel date is within the validity period.
But one should not change the travel dates if they are traveling with an eNTRI visa.
17. Should I re-apply for a new visa if my departure date changes and the new date is beyond the validity period?
Yes. You will need to re-apply a new visa since the approved visa will expire beyond the validity period.
The information on my approved visa (eNTRI/ eVisa) does not fully match the information on my travel document. Can I enter Malaysia with it?
No, you cannot. Your visa will be considered invalid.
18. When can I re-apply for a Malaysia eNTRI note?
Once you have submitted the eNTRI application, you need to wait out during the cooling period of 3 months (90 days) before you can re-apply. As an alternative, you may apply for the eVisa during this time.
19. How to verify the status of my eVISA or the eNTRI visa for Indian citizens?
You can verify your visa by visiting the official website. There you need to enter the passport number, sticker/visa number, choose the type of visa and submit.
20. Does my eNTRI Note/ eVisa guarantee my entry to Malaysia?
No, having a valid visa is no guarantee that you can enter the country. It is the immigration officer who determines this entry permission upon your arrival.
21. Is the digital visa copy valid or do I need to have a printout with me?
Both the printed and digital visas are accepted at the entry point. It is better if you have both ready with you.
22. From which country am I required to depart in order for me to enter Malaysia?
- With an eNTRI note, applicants residing in India must take a direct flight from India to Malaysia and a direct return flight from Malaysia to India.
- Alternately, one may also take an indirect flight via Singapore, Thailand or Brunei.
- If you have a Malaysia eVisa, you can enter Malaysia from any country and exit to any country as per your travel plans.
24. What are the permitted entry and exit points with a valid visa?
All Indian passport holders with a valid visa are only permitted to enter and exit via the following entry/exit points:
All authorized Malaysian air entry and exit points by the Department of Immigration, Malaysia.
- Sultan Iskandar Building Immigration Checkpoint, Johor
- Sultan Abu Bakar Checkpoint, Johor
- Padang Besar Checkpoint, Perlis
- Bukit Kayu Itam Checkpoint, Kedah
- Sungai Tujoh Immigration Checkpoint, Sarawak
- Tedungan Immigration Checkpoint, Sarawak
25. Is travel insurance mandatory for applying for a visa?
No, travel insurance is not a mandatory factor. But it would be an advantage if you have insurance in case of any unfortunate incidents.
26. Why was my visa application rejected? How do I know the reason?
Each visa application is considered on individual merits. Though the officials do not reveal the exact reasons the few common possible reasons would be
- mismatch with the photo size as per specifications
- Any missing required documents
- Discrepancies of information
27. How to take a print out of my visa?
From Blinkvisa, you can log in to your account. Once you have paid the visa fees, you can download the visa anytime.