In a nutshell, Qatar visit visa is when you are planning to stay with your family or friend residing in Qatar rather than a hotel. Thus, although similar to a Qatar tourist visa, a visit visa is a category in itself as the purpose is not solely related to tourism.
Qatar is fast-growing as a preferred tourist destination, thanks to it’s comparatively cheaper travel expenses. However, a Qatar visa online is a must when your country is not one of the Qatar visa-waiver countries.
Qatar Visit Visa vs. Qatar Tourist Visa?
Most often, there is a thin line that differentiates a visit visa from the tourist visa. It is the fact that the latter is for tourism purpose where you will be staying in a hotel during your visit. Whilst a visit visa is precisely when you choose to stay with a friend/relative residing in Qatar.
However, even when staying with relatives, you must also produce proof of hotel bookings in Qatar while applying for a visit visa. Thus, when the duration of your stay in less than 30 days, we recommend you to apply for a Qatar tourist visa.
Also, read Qatar Tourist Visa
Qatar visit visa at a glance
When would you need a visit visa?
When planning to visit family or friends living in Qatar, you may apply for a single-entry visit visa or tourist visa, which entitles you a stay period of one month. However, for stay periods exceeding a month, you must understand that certain conditions apply.
For visiting immediate family
The visa may be extended for 5 months in the case of immediate family members. In the case of a spouse, children, it may be extended to a period of six months.
For visiting second-degree family
On the contrary for visiting second-degree family, one may extend only for a period of two months.
Note: For stay periods exceeding a month, the applicant must undergo a physical examination within the first 72 hours of arrival in Qatar.
Requirements for Qatar Visit Visa or Tourist Visa
We could say that a visit visa is similar to a tourist visa. Let’s go through the list of common documents for both tourist and visit visa.
The following are the list of must-have documents;
- Copy of the first and last pages of your passport
- The passport must have a validity of at least six months from the date of arrival in Qatar
b. Passport-sized photograph
- The photo must be taken against a blue background
- It must be of the dimension 38 mm x 48 mm
Also, refer to the Qatar visa photo specifications mentioned further in the article.
c. Flight tickets
- Confirmed round-trip, on toward, or return journey tickets
d. Proof of accommodation
- Confirmed hotel voucher
- Proof of confirmed reservations
e. Proof of sufficient funds
- Last three months bank statement
- Credit/debit card or equivalent
f. Travel itinerary
[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/blog/custom-travel-itinerary/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #fffffff”]Get Qatar Travel Plan[/su_button]
At Blinkvisa, applying for a Qatar visa gets easier! We will not only process your visa but also offer assistance with Qatar visa required documents.
Also, read Qatar Visa Requirements
How to apply for a Qatar visit visa?
While it is simple and convenient to apply for a visit visa or tourist visa online, one may apply for a visit visa offline as well.
Qatar visit visa application online
- Visit www.blinkvisa.com
- Select the country and visa type, or simply click here
- Pay INR 500 as the initial registration fee and get a 100% cashback on the Qatar visa fee
- Upload the documents requested by our visa expert
- Receive the visa in six working days
Also, read Qatar Visa Online
Qatar visit visa offline application process
- Download the application form
- Attach the required documents to the duly filled application form
- When visiting spouse, attested marriage certificate
- A letter from the husband’s employer stating profession and salary
Qatar Visa FAQs
1. Do Indians need a visa to visit Qatar?
Although India comes under the Qatar visa-waiver category where Indians can avail a Qatar visa on arrival, it is not a feasible option.
For more information, read Qatar Visa for Indians and Qatar Visa on Arrival.
2. What is the visa fee for different types of Qatar Visa?
The different types of Qatar visa apart from tourist visa are; Qatar transit visa, Qatar business visa. Presently, we process only tourist/ visit and business visa online.
|Qatar Visa Type||Qatar Visa Fee||Blinkvisa Charges||SGST + CGST||Total Cost||Avail Cashback|
|Tourist Visa||INR 9399||INR 500||18%||INR 9989||INR 9989|
|30 Days Business Visa||INR 10199||INR 500||18%||INR 10789||INR 10789|
|90 Days Business Visa||INR 21199||INR 500||18%||INR 21789||INR 21789|
Note: The Qatar tourist visa fee for individuals aged 55-years and above is INR 14399
Also, read Qatar Visa Fee
3. What is the processing time for a Qatar tourist or visit visa?
It typically takes up to seven working days to process the visa after uploading the Qatar visa required documents.