In a nutshell, Qatar visit visa is when you are planning to stay with your family or friend residing in Qatar rather than a hotel. Thus, although similar to a Qatar tourist visa, a visit visa is a category in itself as the purpose is not solely related to tourism.
Qatar is fast-growing as a preferred tourist destination, thanks to it’s comparatively cheaper travel expenses. However, a Qatar visa online is a must when your country is not one of the Qatar visa-waiver countries.
Qatar Visit Visa vs. Qatar Tourist Visa?
Most often, there is a thin line that differentiates a visit visa from the tourist visa. It is the fact that the latter is for tourism purpose where you will be staying in a hotel during your visit. Whilst a visit visa is precisely when you choose to stay with a friend/relative residing in Qatar.
However, even when staying with relatives, you must also produce proof of hotel bookings in Qatar while applying for a visit visa. Thus, when the duration of your stay in less than 30 days, we recommend you to apply for a Qatar tourist visa.
Also, read Qatar Tourist Visa
Qatar visit visa at a glance
When would you need a visit visa?
When planning to visit family or friends living in Qatar, you may apply for a single-entry visit visa or tourist visa, which entitles you a stay period of one month. However, for stay periods exceeding a month, you must understand that certain conditions apply.
For visiting immediate family
The visa may be extended for 5 months in the case of immediate family members. In the case of a spouse, children, it may be extended to a period of six months.
For visiting second-degree family
On the contrary for visiting second-degree family, one may extend only for a period of two months.
Note: For stay periods exceeding a month, the applicant must undergo a physical examination within the first 72 hours of arrival in Qatar.
Requirements for Qatar Visit Visa or Tourist Visa
We could say that a visit visa is similar to a tourist visa. Let’s go through the list of common documents for both tourist and visit visa.
The following are the list of must-have documents;
- Copy of the first and last pages of your passport
- The passport must have a validity of at least six months from the date of arrival in Qatar
b. Passport-sized photograph
- The photo must be taken against a blue background
- It must be of the dimension 38 mm x 48 mm
Also, refer to the Qatar visa photo specifications mentioned further in the article.
c. Flight tickets
- Confirmed round-trip, on toward, or return journey tickets
d. Proof of accommodation
- Confirmed hotel voucher
- Proof of confirmed reservations
e. Proof of sufficient funds
- Last three months bank statement
- Credit/debit card or equivalent
f. Travel itinerary
[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/blog/custom-travel-itinerary/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #fffffff”]Get Qatar Travel Plan[/su_button]
At Blinkvisa, applying for a Qatar visa gets easier! We will not only process your visa but also offer assistance with Qatar visa required documents.
Also, read Qatar Visa Requirements
How to apply for a Qatar visit visa?
While it is simple and convenient to apply for a visit visa or tourist visa online, one may apply for a visit visa offline as well.
Qatar visit visa application online
- Visit www.blinkvisa.com
- Select the country and visa type, or simply click here
- Pay INR 500 as the initial registration fee and get a 100% cashback on the Qatar visa fee
- Upload the documents requested by our visa expert
- Receive the visa in six working days
Also, read Qatar Visa Online
Qatar visit visa offline application process
- Download the application form
- Attach the required documents to the duly filled application form
- When visiting spouse, attested marriage certificate
- A letter from the husband’s employer stating profession and salary
Qatar Visa FAQs
1. Do Indians need a visa to visit Qatar?
Although India comes under the Qatar visa-waiver category where Indians can avail a Qatar visa on arrival, it is not a feasible option.
2. What is the visa fee for different types of Qatar Visa?
|Qatar Visa Type||Qatar Visa Fee||Blinkvisa Charges||SGST + CGST||Total Cost||Avail Cashback|
|Tourist Visa||INR 9399||INR 500||18%||INR 9989||INR 9989|
|30 Days Business Visa||INR 10199||INR 500||18%||INR 10789||INR 10789|
|90 Days Business Visa||INR 21199||INR 500||18%||INR 21789||INR 21789|
Note: The Qatar tourist visa fee for individuals aged 55-years and above is INR 14399
Also, read Qatar Visa Fee
3. What is the processing time for a Qatar tourist or visit visa?
It typically takes up to seven working days to process the visa after uploading the Qatar visa required documents.