It is a common belief that applying for a visa requires a heap of documents. But luckily, this belief proves to be wrong when you apply for a Malaysia visa. The Malaysia visa requirements for Indian citizens are very simple.
This blog explains the Malaysia visa requirements for Indian citizens. At the same time, we will also explain how you can get 100% cashback on the entire visa fee. The cost of a Malaysia visa can be up to INR 3780. But when you apply for your visa through Blinkvisa, you can get your Malaysia visa at no extra cost for your trip.
Types of Malaysia Visa
Before we understand the requirements of a Malaysia visa, we are to understand the types of Malaysia visa. There are four types of Malaysia visa available for Indians-
You can eliminate the visa fee mentioned above if you apply for your Malaysia visa through us. At Blinkvisa, we offer instant 100% cashback on your visa fee in your Blinkwallet.
How to Get 100% Cashback on Your Malaysia Visa with Us?
At Blinkvisa, a travel startup, we aim to put an end to visa costs by converting all your visa expenses into travel expenses.
Blinkvisa is not only for your Malaysia visa. You can also get a whole custom travel plan done for you to make sure you have a fantastic trip.
Use your cashback to get more savings on your flight, hotel bookings, and other activities through our portal. And also gain massive discounts on your activities.
Malaysia Visa Requirements Checklist
In summary, the documents needed for the Malaysia Tourist visa are :
- Scan copy of passport first and last pages
- Copy of any old passports, especially if you have any previous visas issued from Malaysia or any other countries
- The visa application duly filled and signed
- Photograph as per Malaysia visa photo specifications
- Confirmed return tickets (mandatory for eNTRI visa)
- Hotel reservation or proof of accommodation
Malaysia Visa Photo Specifications
- Malaysia visa photo size must be 35 mm x 50 mm.
- The photo must not have any borders or frames around it.
- It must be taken against a white background.
- The photo must have 80% face coverage.
- Headgears must not cover the face.
- The spectacles, if any, must not have glare or block the eyes from being visible.
- The photo must be relatively recent and not older than 6 months.
Documents Required at the Immigration
Malaysia visa policy requires that you present certain documents on arrival. You need them with you at the entry points. Those documents are-
- Valid passport with which you applied for the Malaysia visa
- A colour printout of the approved Malaysia Visa.
- Boarding pass from the arriving flight.
- Proof of sufficient funds (in the form of Cash/ Debit or Credit Cards).
- Confirmed return flight tickets
- Complete travel itinerary
- Proof of accommodation.
Once you present these documents, the immigration officer will cross-check them. The documents must be up to date and authentic enough to convince the officer. Once you pass this hurdle, there will be a stamp on the passport, and you will be allowed to enter Malaysia.
Malaysia Visa Fees
The visa fee for Malaysia is different for each visa category. Here is how much you are to pay for your Malaysia tourist visa–
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What if I missed a document while submitting the application form?
Once you submit the application form and the payment is done, you cannot submit any missing documents. The application may undergo rejection, and you will have to re-apply for a new visa.
2. Is a travel itinerary with hotel bookings mandatory for Malaysia visa? Do I need to have it ready for the visa application process?
The travel itinerary is mandatory for Malaysia eNTRI visa. Whereas for the other two types of Malaysia visa, it is not compulsory.
3. Can I amend any information on my approved visa?
No, amendment or correction of information on the approved visa is not entertained by the Malaysian government. You have to get a new visa under such circumstances.
4. How do I submit these required documents?
There is no physical document submission for a Malaysia visa. All the documents need to be in PDF format, and you can upload them online.
5. What if I do not have a photograph in Malaysia visa specifications?
Malaysia visa photo, as per the specifications, is highly important for the visa application. If you do not have a photo complying with these specifications, you must have to get one to apply for the Malaysia visa.
6. Do I need to carry a physical copy of the visa while arriving in Malaysia?
Having a physical copy or printout is mandatory when you arrive in Malaysia.