Malaysia Tourism is trying to attract more Indians to the country by introducing online processing of the tourist visa. Ever since the introduction of Malaysia tourist visa online (eNTRI and eVisa), more Indians are visiting Malaysia to experience this foreign tourist destination where they can still feel the vibes of India.
A tourist visa for Malaysia can cost you up to INR 3780. This blog contains all the details on how to get Malaysia visa for Indian citizens at no additional cost for your trip!
Malaysia Tourist Visa Overview
Whenever you plan to have an international trip, the requirement of a visa becomes the priority. A visa is mandatory for the Indians visiting Malaysia for tourism. The Malaysian embassy provides three different kinds of Malaysia visas for Indian tourists. The types of Malaysia visa’s are mentioned below-
Single Entry Visa
Multiple Entry Visa
The visa fee mentioned above can be eliminated if you apply for your Malaysia visa through Blinkvisa. Blinkvisa offers instant 100% cashback on your visa fee in your Blinkwallet.
How to get 100% discount on your Malaysia visa with us?
Blinkvisa, a travel startup which aims to put an end to visa costs by converting all your visa expenses into travel expense.
Blinkvisa is not only for your Malaysia visa, you can get a whole custom travel plan done for you to make sure you have an amazing trip while also using your cash back that you just got to provide you even more savings when you book your flight and hotel from Blinkvisa and also gain huge discounts on your activities.
Types of Malaysia Tourist Visa for Indians
Malaysia eNTRI visa
An eNTRI is an online registration note which comes in a PDF format via email.
This is a short-term visa that allows single- entry and a stay of only up to 15 days in Malaysia. The validity of eNTRI visa is 90 days. One cannot change the travel dates once the visa is approved. Changing the dates makes the visa invalid.
eNTRI visa is not available for all nationals. This is a privilege that only Indians and Chinese nationals get.
When to apply for an eNTRI visa?
- When the travel plan is up to 15 days or lesser as the stay period is only for a maximum of 15 days.
- You have only 3-4 days before a trip since the processing time is just one business day.
- Have no plans for a second visit within the next 90 days. There is a 90-days cooling period within which you cannot apply for another eNTRI.
- Planning to go directly from India and traveling back to India.
Malaysia 30 Days Single entry visa
This is the next visa type one can get for Malaysia. With this visa type, you can stay up to 29 consecutive days in Malaysia. This is a single-entry visa and the processing time is 3-5 working days.
When to apply for a single entry visa?
- This visa is apt for those who want a vacation/visit lasting for more than 15 days.
- Suitable for anyone who wishes to visit Malaysia only once in 3 months. It has a validity of 3 months.
- When the travel plan is not fixed. You can plan or change the trip anytime within the validity period.
- When you have time for more than 2 weeks for planning.
Malaysia 30 days multiple entry visa
Basically, this visa is similar to a single-entry visa in the features. The major difference is in the number of permitted entries in Malaysia. This visa allows multiple entries within the visa validity period.
Each entry allows a stay for as long as 29 days. Moreover, there is no limit on how many visits one may have with this visa.
When to opt for a multiple-entry visa?
- This is suitable for a planned vacation or business trips that require frequent travel in and out of Malaysia.
- The visa permits both tourism and business travel. It is more suitable for business trips.
- You need a quick trip and in need of a return sooner and more frequently.
Malaysia Tourist Visa Cost
The Malaysian government has offered a visa waiver program for Indians. However, Indians still need to pay Malaysia tourist visa fees. The Malaysia visa fee differs from one visa type to another.
In India, Malaysia visa fee includes the embassy charges, agency charges as well as the applicable GST.
Malaysia tourist visa fee summary is-
- Malaysia eNTRI visa fee is INR. 2490
- Malaysia Single entry visa fee is INR. 3580
- Malaysia Multiple entry visa fee is INR. 3780
Malaysia Visa Fee (INR)
Documents Required for Malaysia Visa
Malaysia visa processing has been made simpler. The list of required documents is also simple. You need to submit only a few necessary documents. There are no additional documents required. Here are the Malaysia visa requirements–
- A copy of the first and last pages of passport having 6 months’ validity and 3 blank pages
- Copy of any old passports, especially if you have any previous visas issued from Malaysia or any other countries
- Malaysia visa photo (size as per specifications)
- Confirmed return flight tickets (mandatory only for eNTRI visa)
- Hotel reservation or proof of accommodation
Malaysia Visa Photo Specifications
The Malaysian government is very strict about the photo specifications. Any change in these specifications is one of the top reasons for visa rejection.
Here are the specifications and details of the Malaysia visa photo size
- Malaysia visa photo size should be 35mm x 50mm
- Photo must be taken against a white background without any shadows
- There should be no frame or borders around the picture
- Face must have at least 80% of coverage without restrictions
- Photo must be recent (within the last 6 months)
Frequently Asked Questions
I am living in another country with an Indian passport. Can I apply for Malaysia tourist visa online from there?
Yes, the Malaysia tourist visa is open for all Indian passport holders. You can apply Malaysia visa online from your current country of residence, provided, you submit proof of residence of that country.
Can I extend the stay period of my Malaysia tourist visa?
You cannot extend the stay period of Malaysia tourist visa and must leave the country before the visa expires. If you need to stay for longer, you must apply for a new visa, preferably a multiple-entry visa.
With an Indian passport, how to apply for a Malaysia tourist visa from Singapore?
You cannot apply for a Malaysia visa when you are staying in Singapore. You must be staying out of Singapore, Thailand or Israel in order to be eligible for a Malaysia tourist visa online processing.
I am currently in Malaysia on an eNTRI visa. I need to stay longer here. Can I apply for a Malaysia e visa?
You cannot apply for any Malaysia visa while staying in the country. You must exit and submit the application form for an e visa from your country.