As a tourist-friendly nation, Malaysia attracts a massive number of tourists from almost every corner of the world. The serene beaches, skyscrapers, mouth-watering food, the tropical climate, and the list goes on, which makes Malaysia one of the best travel destinations of the world.
Understanding the potential growth in the tourism industry, the Malay government has introduced online processing of the tourist visa. Ever since the introduction of Malaysia tourist visa online (eNTRI and eVisa), a boost in the number of tourists has been recorded.
An online tourist visa for Malaysia is easy to avail, but it is not free though. It can cost you up to INR 3780 for each visa. This blog contains all the details on how to get Malaysia tourist visa for Indian citizens at no additional cost!
Malaysia Tourist Visa Overview
Whenever you plan to have an international trip, the requirement of a visa becomes the priority. A visa is mandatory for the Indians visiting Malaysia for tourism. The Malaysian embassy provides four different kinds of Malaysia visas for Indian tourists as mentioned below-
The visa fee mentioned above can be eliminated if you apply for your Malaysia visa through Blinkvisa. At Blinkvisa, we offer instant 100% cashback on your visa fee in your Blinkwallet.
Do Indians Need Tourist Visa to Visit Malaysia?
Yes, Indians need a tourist visa to visit Malaysia. Although it is possible to get visa on arrival to Malaysia, it is not recommended since the price is higher, the no of allowed stay is low and you can only get Malaysia Visa on Arrival if you already hold a Singapore or Thailand visa.
How to get 100% cashback on your Malaysia visa with us?
As a travel startup, we aim to put an end to visa costs by converting all your visa expenses into travel expenses.
Blinkvisa is not only for your Malaysia visa. You can also get a whole custom travel plan done for you to make sure you have a fantastic trip.
Use your cashback to get more savings on your flight, hotel bookings, and other activities through our portal. And also gain massive discounts on your activities.
|[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/blog/custom-travel-itinerary/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #fffffff”]Click to Get Malaysia Travel Plan[/su_button]||[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/custom-travel-plan/” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #ffffff”]Malaysia Sample Itinerary[/su_button]|
Types of Malaysia Tourist Visa for Indians
An eNTRI is an online registration note which comes in a PDF format via email.
It is a short-term visa that allows single- entry and a stay of only up to 15 days in Malaysia. The validity of eNTRI visa is 90 days. One cannot change the travel dates once the visa is approved.
eNTRI visa is not available for all nationals. It is a privilege that only Indians and Chinese nationals get.
When to Apply for an eNTRI Visa?
- When the travel plan is up to 15 days or lesser as the stay period is only for a maximum of 15 days.
- You have only 3-4 days before a trip since the processing time is just one business day.
- Have no plans for a second visit within the next 90 days. There is a 90-days cooling period within which you cannot apply for another eNTRI.
- Only when taking a direct flight from India and travelling back to India.
[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/visa/malaysia-entri-visa” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #fffffff”] Apply for Malaysia eNTRI Visa[/su_button]
This is the next visa type one can get for Malaysia. With this visa type, you can stay up to 29 consecutive days in Malaysia. It is a single-entry visa, and the processing time is 3-5 working days.
When to Apply for a Single Entry Visa?
- This visa is apt for those who want a vacation/visit lasting for more than 15 days.
- Suitable for anyone who wishes to visit Malaysia only once in 3 months. It has a validity of 3 months.
- When the travel plan is not fixed, you can plan or change the trip anytime within the validity period.
- When you have time for more than 2 weeks before the tentative travel date.
[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/visa/malaysia-single-entry-evisa” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #fffffff”] Apply for Malaysia Single Entry Visa[/su_button]
Basically, this visa is similar to a single-entry visa in the features. The major difference is in the number of permitted entries in Malaysia. This visa allows multiple entries within the visa validity period.
Each entry allows a stay for as long as 29 days. Moreover, there is no limit on how many visits one may have with this visa.
When to Opt for a Multiple-entry Visa?
- This is suitable for a planned vacation or business trips that require frequent travel in and out of Malaysia.
- The visa permits both tourism and business travel. It is more suitable for business trips.
- You need a quick trip and in need of a return sooner and more frequently.
[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/visa/malaysia-multiple-entry-visa” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #ffffff”]Apply for Malaysia Multiple Entry Visa[/su_button]
Malaysia Tourist Visa Fees
The Malaysian government has offered a visa waiver program for Indians. However, Indians still need to pay Malaysia tourist visa fees. The Malaysia visa fee differs from one visa type to another.
In India, Malaysia visa fee includes the embassy charges, agency charges as well as the applicable GST.
Malaysia tourist visa fee summary is-
Documents Required for Malaysia Tourist Visa
Though the Documents needed for Malaysia Tourist visa is simple, visa rejections are very much possible, so one needs to be careful when applying for a visa. We have sorted out the difficulty index for Malaysia tourist visa and Malaysia eNTRI visa is the easiest visa to apply for.
Here are the Malaysia Tourist visa requirements–
- A copy of the first and last pages of passport having 6 months’ validity and 3 blank pages
- Copy of any old passports, especially if you have any previous visas issued from Malaysia or any other countries
- Malaysia visa photo (size as per specifications)
- Confirmed return flight tickets (mandatory only for eNTRI visa)
- Hotel reservation or proof of accommodation
Malaysia Tourist Visa Photo Specifications
The Malaysian government is very strict about the photo specifications. Any change in these specifications is one of the top reasons for visa rejection.
Here are the specifications and details of the Malaysia visa photo size
- Malaysia visa photo size should be 35mm x 50mm
- The photo must be taken against a white background without any shadows
- There should be no frame or borders around the picture
- The face must have at least 80% of coverage without restrictions
- The photo must be recent (within the last 6 months)
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I am living in another country with an Indian passport. Can I apply for Malaysia tourist visa online from there?
Yes, the Malaysia tourist visa is open for all Indian passport holders. You can apply for Malaysia visa online from your current country of residence, provided, you submit proof of residence of that country.
2. Can I extend the stay period of my Malaysia tourist visa?
You cannot extend the stay period of Malaysia tourist visa and must leave the country before the visa expires. If you need to stay for longer, you must apply for a new visa, preferably a multiple-entry visa.
3. With an Indian passport, how to apply for a Malaysia visa from Singapore?
You cannot apply for a Malaysia visa when you are staying in Singapore. You must be staying out of Singapore, Thailand or Israel in order to be eligible for a Malaysia visa online processing.
4. I am currently in Malaysia on an eNTRI visa. I need to stay longer here. Can I apply for a Malaysia e visa?
You cannot apply for any Malaysia visa while staying in the country. You must exit and submit the application form for an e visa from your country.