Did you know that in 2017, Vietnam received around 13 million visitors from all around the globe? This statistics just prove the fact that the country is gradually emerging as East India’s popular tourist destinations. Indians have always loved the lively nightlife, adventurous mountains and secluded beaches. If backpacking has been your much-awaited dream, then here is our guide on the latest information regarding Vietnam visa for Indians.
But in certain cases, Vietnam visa can be expensive and it can cost up to INR 2500 depending on the visa type. With Blinkvisa, you can get your Vietnam visa fee as cashback and also make sure all your requirements are fulfilled.
Vietnam Visa For Indians:
Vietnam tourist visa for Indian passport holders is basically legal access to country so as to explore as a tourist, in which the visitor will need to get an approval letter online beforehand and pick up the visa at Vietnam international airport upon arrival.
The visa takes about 15 -30 minutes at the immigration counter. The visa is issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department if an Indian citizen in Vietnam plans to stay in the country for up to 90 days.
Popular types of Vietnam visa for Indians:
What is the difference between Vietnam tourist and a business visa?
The basic concept of the tourist or business visas for Vietnam is the same. Both types of visas are used as valid authorization to enter Vietnam. Though the application process is the same, they differ in slight categories.
- Indians cannot attend business meetings or deals while on a Vietnam tourist visa. Tourist visits allow Indians to take a trip of pleasure of roaming the country or spending time with their friends, family, and relatives. Whereas Vietnam business visa allows you to spend time for tourism as well as any business activities.
- Another major difference between the Vietnam tourist visa and business visa lies in their validity period. A business visa is likely to get a lengthier validity like three months when compared to a tourist visa that offers a validity period of 30 or 90 days or depending on the number of days in the travel itinerary.
However, one can get an extension on a tourist visa as well but you must specify your valid reasons for a further stay.
The number of entries for Vietnam tourist visa:
Vietnam single entry visa
- 30 days validity visa
Read More: Single Entry Vietnam Tourist Visa
- Validity up to three months
Read More: 3 Months Single Entry Vietnam Tourist Visa
Vietnam multiple entry visa
- 30 days of validity
Read More: Multiple Entry Vietnam Tourist Visa
- Three months of validity
Read More: 3 Months Multiple Entry Vietnam Tourist Visa
How long before can I apply for Vietnam eVisa ?
As the validity of Vietnam tourist visa is for 30 days, it is always considered the best when Indians apply for the Vietnam visa only 2 weeks or 15 days before the intended date of travel and not before that. As once you receive the approval letter with your travel dates mentioned, you cannot change them. You can receive a visa only after you arrive at the airport and show the letter.
What is the Cost of Vietnam Visa For Indians?
The Vietnam visa fee for Indians differs depending on the type of entry they are opting for. The visa fee information for all types of tourist visas are below:
Please note: This is a non-refundable amount when you are applying on your own or with any other agency. But, Blinkvisa helps you get the same with 100% cashback.
Read more: Vietnam visa cost
How Indians can avail the cashback?
Once your visa approval letter is downloaded, you get the entire fee amount as cashback. After that is credited to your BlinkWallet, you can check out flights and hotels at an affordable rate.
Blinkvisa provides some great deals on stay/hotels such as:
You get up to 25% discounts for flights:
Basic Requirements For Vietnam Visa For Indians:
Read more: Vietnam visa requirements
What is an approval letter and how to apply for it?
The approval letter is your ticket to get the Vietnam visa on arrival without any delay. But an approval letter can be applied only when you are in India. That is where Blinkvisa comes to rescue and gets you the letter in a matter of just three days! An approval letter specifies your purpose of travel, the number of members travelling and the permission to travel to Vietnam and get the visa stamped in your passport.
After getting the approval letter, you will get the visa stamped at any of these Vietnam International airports like – Noi Bai in Hanoi
Cat Bi in Hai Phong, Da Nang in Da Nangl, Cam Ranh in Khanh Hoa or Tan Son Nhat in Ho Chi Minh City by paying a stamping fee of 25 $ for single entry visa and 50$ for multiple entry visa.
Vietnam Visa For Indians FAQs
1. What do I do if my passport with the Vietnam travel visa has expired and I am having a new passport to travel? Do I need to apply for a new one?
You need not necessarily apply for a new one because the visa validity will remain the same even if the passport expires. You can still use it to travel as long as you carry both the old passport and the new valid passport, with you.
Read more: Vietnam travel visa
Please note that your passport should have a validity of at least six months starting from the day of arrival in Vietnam.
2. Is Vietnam visa on arrival for Indians valid?
Vietnam visa on arrival is an eVisa that enables Indians to travel to Vietnam and get their visa stamped on any of the International airports. However, they must get an approval letter from India.
Read more: Vietnam visa on arrival
3. What are the steps to apply for a Vietnam visa through Blinkvisa?
- Click on “Apply for Visa” button on the right.
- Provide us with your basic information such as name, email & travel date.
- Complete the initial payment of just INR 500 & get a full cashback of INR 1339 into your wallet.
- Use your BlinkWallet to purchase your flight, hotel, activities and other travel-related stuff.
- Once your visa is approved, We will intimate you via SMS and Email.
- Complete any pending due payment & download your Vietnam visa by logging into your portal.
Read more: Apply for Vietnam visa
4. How long does it take to get Vietnam eVisa from the Embassy?
Normally with any other travel agent, you might get the letter only after 5 days but Blinkvisa helps you get the visa in just 3 days.
Read more: Vietnam eVisa