Prior to my journey to the fascinating London, my only thoughts were on the number of fur coats or matching socks I should carry for my trip! Later, when I began processing, I realised that getting the visa was one incredible obstacle that remained between my desires and Embassy approval. How to apply for UK visa? How much to spend on visa fees? What if I don’t get my documents right? Questions like these confused me.
Also, adding to my pressure was when people kept saying how meticulous it was to apply with an Indian passport because of the tedious paperwork and planning involved, which eventually proved wrong! Because I opted for Blinkvisa. They guided me throughout my process.
So here I’ve outlined my methods of applying for UK visa, alongside certain tips for all my fellow travellers who have London in their bucket list!
The 100% cashback is not only for UK visa but all types of visas. You also get up to 11% discounts for all travel expenses including flights, hotels and tour activities.
Information On UK Visa
Being an Indian, I had to compulsorily avail the visa. With one visa, you access four distinct nations – England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales; nations with amazing history, numerous urban areas and vast territories. The UK visa basically offers you a chance to explore the various genres of culture and architecture. Also, not to forget, this is where Shakespeare and Harry Potter were originated!
How I Applied For Tourist Visa?
As I was planning for a solo trip, I opted for a UK Tourist Visa or UK Visitor Visa. Unlike other country visas, this visa cannot be applied on your own. Initially, it came like a big disappointment to me because there were hundreds of agents both online and offline announcing umpteen price ranges for the visa fees.
But Blinkvisa caught my eye for their organised visa processing. Not just that, they gave me 100% cashback on my UK visa fees. So in the end, I got back whatever I paid!
Oh wait, they also gave me a platform where I could convert the cashback into booking flights, hotels and activities in London. Now that’s like a real solo budget trip coming true with Blinkvisa!
UK Tourist Visa Information
Please note: Being a multiple entry visa, you can travel any number of times within six months. In case, you are applying for medical purposes or academic, you can extend your visa up till 12 months by submitting valid proof.
Read more: UK Tourist Visa
How soon I applied?
My first intention was to apply just 15 days before my travel dates but Blinkvisa expert advised the necessity to apply at least a month before because it gives you an opportunity to arrange your documents together, gather all information and also helps you avoid last-minute frenzy over your visa.
A travel plan is compulsory when you plan to travel to the UK. Especially when you desire to tour all the four countries, you need an itinerary that can help you visit all important places within your time period. Also, it helps to convince the Embassy on the purpose of your visit
Blinkvisa gave me a custom made London plan free of cost! It was just perfect for my dream trip. If you are looking for an ideal one as per your needs, your search ends here:
My UK Visa Cost
I paid INR 11760 for my total UK visa fees. I thought I had to pay the entire amount at the beginning like how other travel agents require us to do, but Blinkvisa asked me only for INR 500 to start the process. I paid the remaining only after I got my visa!
Read more: UK Visa Fees
It was a total surprise when I found out that Blinkvisa credited the entire fee amount in my BlinkWallet. I used the Blinkcash (Cashback) for my sightseeings.
The visa expert gave me a whopping 11% discount on activities. In reality, I was converting all the visa expenses into my travel plan.
Requirements I had to submit:
- Original Passport with at least 6 months validity and minimum 3 blank pages + all old passports if any
- 2 recent passport size colour photograph with white background, matte finish size 35 mm X 45 mm 80% face Size
- Online UK Visa Application form
- Covering letter mentioning your travel details and stay details while in the UK (For Employed – Plain paper/ For Self-Employed – Letterhead)
- Original Bank statement for last 6 months updated with healthy and sufficient balance
- Income tax returns / Form 16 for last 3 years
- Proof of funds
- Proof of accommodation
After your documents are furnished, you will be scheduled a date for your interview at your nearest UK Embassy. Interviews and biometrics play a major role in the UK visa application.
Learn more about UK Visa Application.
Questions asked for my visa interview process?
The interview process is the final leg of your application. The questions asked by the Embassy are mostly based on the type of visa you apply for. Hence, I realised that it is essential to be calm and polite and give crisp answers. Some of my questions were:
- Why do you plan to visit the UK
- Your duration of stay?
- Is somebody else financing your trip?
- Have you travelled to the UK previously?
- Do you have friends/relatives in London?
- Your profession and marital status?
- When do you plan to return?
Please Note: It is highly essential to carry a print out of your appointment letter, your passport, photographs and application form to the Embassy for the interview
Read more: UK Visa Requirements
Steps To Apply with Blinkvisa:
- Click on the ” Book Appointment” button on the right.
- Provide us with your basic information such as name, email & number of applicants.
- Complete the initial payment of just INR 500 & get a full cashback of INR 11,760 into your wallet.
- Use your BlinkWallet to purchase your flight, hotel, activities and other sightseeings.
- Once your visa is approved, Embassy will intimate you via SMS and Email, You can either pick up the passport from the embassy or you can opt for courier services.
As I applied from Bangalore, I availed a doorstep pick-up and delivery service. Blinkvisa agent arrives at you to explain and pick up your documents and also delivers your passport. So, you have no worries about losing your passport!
UK Tourist Visa FAQs
1. What is the validity of the UK Business visa?
UK Business visa is valid for six months. It is a multiple entry visa.
Read more: UK Business Visa
2. Is UK visa online a sticker visa?
Yes, UK visa online is a type of sticker visa, which means, you get the visa attested on your passport.
Read more: UK Visa Online
3. Is it possible to enrol for a short time course while on the UK visitor visa?
Those who apply for a UK visitor visa may take part in short term courses like language or recreational activities. The eligible courses can be up to 30 days long and should also have accreditation from the Home Office.
Read more: UK Visitor Visa