There is nothing like spending a vacation in London. Whether you wish to relish on exotic food or go on a cruise for sightseeing, UK is an adventure for all. While the magical city is a forever delight, don’t let the process of availing a visa let you down! Getting a UK tourist visa can be a bit of hardship because you need to ace the UK interview process. However, with accurate application and planning, you can avail the visa easily.
Do you know all about applying for the UK visit visa? If not, Blinkvisa is here to help you. We provide you with the complete list of documents required along with the submission of the application on time to arranging for the interview.
Blinkvisa is not only for your UK tourist visa, but you can also get a whole custom travel plan made for your dream trip! You can also convert your visa expenses into travel expenses.
UK Tourist Visa Information
UK Tourist Visa or UK Standard Visitor Visa is the most common type of visit visa applied by people for leisure, travel or medical purposes. The advantage of getting this visa is that being a multiple entry visa, you can travel up and down any number of times within six months. The processing time period of the visa is 20 days depending on the interview schedule. You cannot apply this type of visa on your own.
- Be a tourist and roam free:
You can enter the countries of Wales, England, Northern Ireland and Scotland and travel across the cities experiencing the delights that the UK has to offer.
- Be a volunteer:
You can engage in registered volunteer activities in terms of charity work provided the program is for a short duration and also that is not the sole purpose of your visit.
- Medical purposes:
A UK visitor visa is also issued when you have any medical emergency or services to be availed in the Kingdom. London is famous for its impeccable health care sector and that is why it has drawn attention across people around the world for a long period of time.
- Short-term course:
You can take part in short term courses like language or recreational activities. The eligible courses can be up to 30 days long and should also have accreditation from the Home Office.
- Do any unpaid or paid work:
You are not permitted to begin work or attend unpaid internships with a tourist visa. You need to apply for a separate work visa to start a job.
- Live for a prolonged period of time:
As established, the tourist visa is valid for six months and you cannot stay in the Kingdom for more than six months. If you desire for a visa extension, you must submit the valid reason to the consulate in London and avail it.
- Marry or register in any civil partnership:
You are not permitted to register a marriage or any civil partnership even related to business with a tourist visa. You also are not allowed to engage in any legal commitments or receive any public funding.
Do Indians need a tourist visa?
Yes, India is among the list of countries that require a visa to enter the country and that is why it is mandatory for the citizens to apply for a visitor visa. Indians are privileged for the multiple entries and can visit for tourism or medical reasons. UK tourist visa is a sticker visa, which means the visa is stuck to your passport. You cannot apply for the visa on your own and it can only be procured by a visa expert via an authorized travel company like Blinkvisa.
Read more: UK Visa For Indians
Blinkvisa also provides customised travel plan for your much-awaited UK trip for FREE!
Processing time of the visa:
The general processing time is around 15-20 days once you have finished the interview. In fact, you will get an idea if your visa application is accepted or not at the interview counter itself. Once the process is done, the visa will be attached to your passport and Blinkvisa will courier them/deliver to your home directly.
Please note: It is always advisable to apply for the visa at least a month before your journey date. In case of any prolongment in interview schedule or a requirement of an additional document, you can have a grace period of at least a week or more in between to avoid last-minute delays.
What is the cost of a UK Tourist Visa?
The fee is INR 11760 along with GST and Blinkvisa charges. You only need to pay INR 500 to initiate the visa processing and once you get the visa, you can pay the remaining fee amount. You can pay the amount online using a debit/credit card.
When you apply with Blinkvisa, you also get 100% cashback of the entire fee. So in reality, you are gaining whatever you spend!
Here is the break up of visa cost:
Read more: UK Visa Fees
Point to remember:
You will get the entire fee amount as Blinkcash to your registered account. You can use them in booking for flights, hotels and tour activities across the UK. Also, you get up to 11% discount!
Documents required for the visa:
This is among the major steps in acquiring a tourist visa. You must ensure that all essential proofs are submitted. Visa expert at Blinkvisa will let you know all the essentials, we will also fill the application form on your behalf to avoid any errors that may come the way of visa approval. The requirements are divided into:
- Original Passport with at least 6 months validity and minimum 3 blank pages + all old passports if any)
- 2 recent passport size colour photograph with white background, matte finish size 35 mm X 45 mm 80% face Size
- Online UK Visa Application form
- Covering letter containing your flight and accommodation details while in the UK (For Employed – Plain paper/ For Self-Employed – Letterhead)
- Original Bank statement for last 6 months updated with at least a minimum of more than INR 1,50,000
- Income tax returns / Form 16 for last 3 years
- Supporting Financial Documents such as Fixed Deposits, Property Investments, Recurring Deposits, any other Investments, etc (Optional but advisable)
- Hotel booking (Use Blink Wallet Cashback to get up to 25% discount on flights)
- Flight itinerary (Use Blink Wallet Cashback to get up to 25% discount on flights)
Additional documents (Based on your profile):
- A document having the leave sanctioned certificate with company seal and signature
- Last 3 months salary slip
- Business Registration License/MOA/Partnership deed/GST certificate/IT returns
- Company’s updated bank statement of last 3 months
- Company’s IT returns for 3 years
- Proof of your pension details like pension pay order certificate
- Last 6 months bank statement, if retired from a private firm
If you are a student:
- School / College / Institute ID Card
- Bonafide certificates
Read more: UK Visa Requirements
How to apply for a UK visitor visa?
With Blinkvisa, getting a United Kingdom visitor visa is straight forward. You need to fix an appointment with an expert and after the payment of INR 500, the visa agent will take care of everything else. You will get the notification of your interview date and once that is completed, your visa is approved!
for More Information, Read Apply for UK Visa
For the interview, do not forget to take along your visa application form, a copy of your interview appointment letter, passport and photographs.
UK Tourist Visa FAQs
1. Where can I submit my UK visa application?
The processed visa application should be submitted with the respective VFS visa application centre only. Blinkvisa will help you with the submission of the application and other necessary processes.
Read more: UK Visa Application
2. Is UK business visa a multiple entry visa?
Yes, the UK business visa is a multiple entry visa. You are eligible for multiple entries to the country within the 6 months validity period, to enjoy the activities there.
Read more: UK Business Visa
3. Can I appeal against the rejection of my UK visa online?
No, the right to appeal is not applicable for the UK visa online.
Read more: UK Visa Online
4. Do I need medical insurance to get the UK visitor visa?
Medical insurance is not mandatory for getting the UK visitors visa or tourist visa. But availing it can avoid any emergencies as the medical expenses could cost you a fortune in the UK. However, you can get a travel insurance HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance for as low as INR 300.