Thailand is well-known among tourists as one of the best places for a vacation. Apart from the scenic spots, Thai offers varied opportunities for even businessmen to explore. With great potential for business, one can consider venturing business in Thailand as a feasible option. However, your business planning will imbibe availing a Thailand business visa as well.
Read more about the different types of Thailand business visa and the application procedure for obtaining a visa.
You can get 100% cashback on your Thai visit visa fee. With a trusted agent like Blinkvisa, you can get your Thailand eVisa in a better and simpler way by just paying an initial fee of INR 500! Click on the banner to know more.
A brief on Thailand Business Visa:
All holiday and business travellers visiting Thailand must apply for a business visa. Thailand tourist visa and business visa are the most common type of Thai visit visa. As the names suggest, they are used for tourism or visiting, business, purposes. Typically, the business visa is categorised as:
Single-entry visa – This visa is for validity of 3 months
Multiple-entry visa – This visa allows multiple entries within one year.
Features of Thai business visa:
- Used for short term stay and for attending business conferences or meetings
- To attend any cultural festivals in accordance with work or business
- To visit friends/relatives and also to travel across the city. Read more, Thailand tourist visa.
- One is not permitted to engage in any kind of employment or trade activities using a Thailand business visa.
- One cannot also apply for permanent residence.
- Unlike Thailand tourist visa, the business visa may take up a longer period for getting approved.
Desire to fly to Thailand to meet your dear ones? Avail for a Thailand tourist visa with Blinkvisa and get exciting discounts upto 25% on flights and hotels!
[su_button url=”https://blinkvisa.com/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#F49122″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: check” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #fffffff”]Apply for Thailand Visa[/su_button]
Thailand business visa types for employment and work:
Apart from attending business meetings, when a person wants to go a step further, he or she should apply for a nonimmigrant visa. The visa application can be submitted at the Royal Thai Embassy or the Royal Thai Consulates-General. Nonimmigrant business visas are provided for a different type of business and employment options.
Nonimmigrant Visa Category “B-A”
If a person desires to invest in a company or conduct business with a company, he/she must ensure they get the visa. Most of the time, the company on behalf of the applicant should apply for this visa. This Thailand business visa is mostly valid for one year from the date of arrival in Thailand.
Nonimmigrant Visa Category “IB”
This visa is provided to people who wish to engage in investing in Thailand. Most of these projects operate under the Board of Investment, Thailand. They, in turn, contribute to society in the overall development of the country.
Nonimmigrant Visa Category “B”
This kind of visa is for those who wish to practise teaching. However, they must undergo a detailed verification process for this business visa. Apart from the basic details, they must provide their authorised educational qualifications proof, police verification report, and letter of approval from the concerned government body.
Requirements for Thailand Business Visa:
- Passport – six months of validity. It must have a minimum of two blank pages for the visa stamp.
- Photo – Two copies to be submitted with dimensions of 35×45 mm (length – 45mm, breadth – 35mm). It must be clicked on an all-white background with a matte finish. It must cover face 80% of the frame. Please note that the ears must be visible clearly and it should not have any headgear worn apart from religious reasons.
- Confirmed airline tickets (Inward and Onward)
- Covering letter – For applying for Thailand business visa, one must ensure they get a cover letter from their respective organisation stating the reason for travel.
- It is necessary that the letter is submitted on company’s letterhead indicating the applicant’s name, passport details with a valid date.
- It should include the details of the traveller’s stay in the country.
- It should have the traveller’s as well as the company basic information and should have the company’s seal and signature.
5. Bank Statement – Travellers must submit their bank statement showing their last six months transactions and account balance of at least INR 50,000.
Also read, Thailand Visa Requirements for detailed information
Point to remember:
At the immigration checkpoint, you need to present the visa copy along with your passport. You may be asked to present travel medical insurance in case of any medical emergencies and any proof of funds for your travel. You can get a travel insurance HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance for as low as INR 300.
Thailand business visa FAQs
1. What are the requirements for Thailand tourist visa?
Thailand tourist visa requires certain mandatory documents to be submitted and you can apply it easily through Blinkvisa. The major requirements are:
- Scanned copies of passport first page and last page.
- Scanned Passport size photo Size 3.5 * 5.5
- Flight Tickets (Blink Wallet Cashback to get up to 25% discount on flights)
- Hotel Reservations if any (Blink Wallet Cashback to get up to 25% discount on hotels
Also read, Thailand tourist visa
2. What is the validity of Thailand visa on arrival for Indians?
Thailand Visa on Arrival for Indians is for 15 days. Indians can avail this visa at the respective immigration counters. However, it is advisable to take a Thailand visit visa beforehand to avoid any last-minute delays and emergencies.
To know more, read Thailand Visa On Arrival.
3. Is Thai eVisa a paper visa?
Thailand tourist visa or Thai eVisa will be a paper visa, which means the visa will be a pdf of which you need to print out and carry when you visit Thailand.
Also, read Thailand eVisa
4. What is the validity of Thailand visit visa?
Thailand visit visa validity is 30 days when you have applied before your travel. Blinkvisa gives you the luxury of applying for a Thai tourist visa from the comfort of your own home. Log onto www.blinkvisa.com for more details.
5. What is Thailand tourist visa fee?
The tourist visa fee to Thailand is INR 2140 (including the GST and Blinkvisa charges). You can get 100% cashback on your visa fee when you apply via Blinkvisa, which means you can use the entire INR 2140 as your Blinkcash and get attractive discounts!
Also read, Thailand visa fee